Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Restore firmware after big mistake (H plus)

Reaction score
Happy new Year from Sweden !

I recently bought a second hand H-Plus. Starting it up for the 3rd time I forgot to take off the gimbal protection. Instead of just ripping it off, I got brainfreeze and pulled the battery instead. BIG Mistake .
Now I got a brick that can use the camera and the cooling fan is working but not much more. I also cant turn it of, need to pull battery again.
Camera still connects to ST16, and during startup it moves to forward posistion but thats it.
No external lights, just som leds' inside.
I have tried with the useful guides here to reflash the firmware from SD Card, but it makes no difference.
I put one file at a time, and camera looks like its uppdating, "Red"-"Purple"-"Green" blinks, but nothing change and I still need to pull battery to turn it off.

Since I tried the guides here, I might have missed something ? Maybe need to load files in a specific order order ? or there is some secret trick ? Maybe new flight controller board ? :-( .
Lesson learnt the hard way.....but Im determined not to let this make me give up...

...Now I got a brick that can use the camera and the cooling fan is working but not much more. I also cant turn it of, need to pull battery again.
These symptoms are most often reported after trying to connect with QGround Control without removing the drone battery. But your symptoms sound so familiar I would recommend reading the thread linked below for some ways others have recovered. Unfortunately, I believe there have been many instances where no recovery was found.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Curious to see how this plays out. If the procedures covered in that thread do not alleviate the problem it may end up being the issue I had with a Typhoon H where a component in the Start/Stop circuitry failed.

Does the aircraft power up as soon as the battery is inserted or do you have to actuate the Power button on the aircraft?

Curious to see how this plays out. If the procedures covered in that thread do not alleviate the problem it may end up being the issue I had with a Typhoon H where a component in the Start/Stop circuitry failed.

Does the aircraft power up as soon as the battery is inserted or do you have to actuate the Power button on the aircraft?
Thanks a lot for wise words.
It doesnt power up by itself when I put in the battery, unless its connected with usb to computer, not Qground, just usb serial. (I connected to see if i could do anything.)
Im ok with sending it for repair, just want to exhaust options I can do myself first, but this indeed look like I messed up big time..
I tried the boot and turned it upside down, unfortunately its the same dead, just from another angle :)

Do you have access to flight controller via USB? Is a COM port assigned?
If yes we can try to flash autopilot FW to the flight controller

Do you have access to flight controller via USB? Is a COM port assigned?
If yes we can try to flash autopilot FW to the flight controller hoping that helps.

br HE
Good Sunday everyone !
Com 3 , so it seem to be at least some brain activity *Not in me, the H+.....
I got a feeling that you know how2 _ Because I dont...
Just hit me ! :)

He is alive !!! I will name him Frank ! (After Frankenstein) :)
Thanks a lot for all good inputs !
What I learnt is:
1. Dont update unless you have to !
2. Never pull battery during boot.
3. Put update file one at time to update on the SD Card.
4. Dont try to self fix, Ask in this fantastic Forum !!!

Have a great day !

Did updating one file at a time resolve the issue. or were other methods required?
Unfortunately not, it was the magic from h-elsner that did the trick.
I just noted it because I found this in a second instruction how to update, in the first one I read it was written to put all the files on the card, which I tried first....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook