Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anybody else concerned

Reaction score
It's pretty obvious that the q500 and the h are pretty much obsolute. People like myself and many of you who use these drones will not be able to find the necessary parts like batteries and cameras to replace what we have. I know yuneec is developing new drones because I saw something going on at kav that maybe I wasn't supposed to see but what are your feelings about this eventuality.

Oldie hut goodie. Like a lot on here there's life in the old dog yet! Parts are still available, Just got to look, 3rd party batteries can be bought and placed in an adapted or with a connector, it's still a very capable copter, if your serious about keeping your H, then perhaps some essential purchases should or could be made, props, clips, gimbal rubbers etc. I intend to keep it going until it falls apart with age. Then I'll use as a hat stand!

The marketing premise around consumer drones is all about planned obsolescence. The money is not in parts, it’s in sales of complete systems. We should recognize this every time we buy one and anticipate batteries, parts, and service will only be available for a limited period of time.

More than 2 years might be considered much longer than average.

When a model is launched it has a lifetime, you would expect parts to be available for that set period, the H did seem to have a comprehensively stocked parts network, the plus on the otherhand I've found to be rather poor with lots of parts not available or backorder even batteries, the H is probably in it's twilight with parts running done, you would of expected better of the newer model even from launch, perhaps Yuneec is running down the consumer section, bit like some camera manufactures, aiming with high priced high end commercial models.

It's pretty obvious that the q500 and the h are pretty much obsolute. People like myself and many of you who use these drones will not be able to find the necessary parts like batteries and cameras to replace what we have. I know yuneec is developing new drones because I saw something going on at kav that maybe I wasn't supposed to see but what are your feelings about this eventuality.
Typical,Windows10 not supported 2020, buy another comuter

I have to disagree because you are talking as a probable business man. No profit no gain. We aren't discussing cars from the 70's or parts for a yugo. These drones such as the q and the h which are approximately 4 or 5 years old should have spare everything for at least 10 years imho. There are thousands of these drones flying around north America and Europe and not being able to get what needs to be replaced is absurd.

There are thousands of these drones flying around north America and Europe and not being able to get what needs to be replaced is absurd.

We have to remember the people that make these things are businessmen too and they are focused on their profitability, not yours or mine. In fact, they don’t care about our profitability at all and are most interested in obtaining as many of our $$ as fast they can. Precisely the reason the XXX company has so many versions of essentially the same model.

Want another minor feature? No problem, buy the latest model and version. With luck you’ll still be able to buy batteries for it next year. You can toss the concept of a business being there to serve the customer out the window to die a quick death.

Reactions: KellyR
I hear what you are saying but there is no reason why the companies can't have necessities for our products and charge more if necessary and when new and more advanced products come along that's great but when are they going to appear. Until then make sure that we are able to keep our drones capable of having what we might need. DJI are concentrating on super cars. I hope yuneec and parrott are trying to improve what they have already invented. I know it's a business but I think loyal customers of the yuneec drones that came along after papa dji stay loyal to those of us who spent a lot of bucks trying to support them.

I hear what you are saying but there is no reason why the companies can't have necessities for our products and charge more if necessary and when new and more advanced products come along that's great but when are they going to appear. Until then make sure that we are able to keep our drones capable of having what we might need. DJI are concentrating on super cars. I hope yuneec and parrott are trying to improve what they have already invented. I know it's a business but I think loyal customers of the yuneec drones that came along after papa dji stay loyal to those of us who spent a lot of bucks trying to support them.
Yeah but..but..I had my Chroma for about 2 weeks, battery went puffy after 3 and could not get another for 6 months, flew new bat once and something croaked either the Tx or
in the bird, still looking for a fix.
Was offered an H, cheapish, bought it, culpa weeks later told production was at an end ?.
Sheesh
I am familiar with 'end of life' but, sniff, so young

Where have you seen end of production? That could of been a year or more and the units being sold off. There's been nothing official from Yuneec about "end of life" but we probably won't get anything.

This thing that you weren’t suppose to see, can you elaborate some? The Mantis G (gimbal version) has already been leaked. Would it happen to be a new 6 rotor drone or updates to currently available aircraft?

I saw a conference table with a drone that I didn't recognize for about 2 seconds. That's it----wish there was more to tell.

Peter b,

I hate to be the one to tell you but conversations with a dealer having inside info from Yuneec in March 2016 provided info the Chroma was over by the time the H was released. Any Chroma or parts bought after that point were coming from remaining inventory.

Yuneec does not make end of production, product discontinued announcements. Just look at the Blade series of multirotors, Chroma, and 920 as examples of that.

Peter b,

I hate to be the one to tell you but conversations with a dealer having inside info from Yuneec in March 2016 provided info the Chroma was over by the time the H was released. Any Chroma or parts bought after that point were coming from remaining inventory.

Yuneec does not make end of production, product discontinued announcements. Just look at the Blade series of multirotors, Chroma, and 920 as examples of that.
I already told him in post 12

There was no conversation and I saw this in may. Hardly 2016. It was probably nothing but the fact that got a glimpse in a conference room made me wonder. Hm. that's all. It would be nice wouldn't it? Meanwhile I'll fly my q and h.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers