Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Balancing charger

Murray Martz

Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I am looking at getting a balancing charger. I would like to hear from others what they feel is a good one. I have a Typhoon H.

Thanks
Murray

I am looking at getting a balancing charger. I would like to hear from others what they feel is a good one. I have a Typhoon H.

Thanks
Murray

I have two 3rd party balancing chargers, both work fine, and I charge at 5 or 6 amps. Over time I find that at 6 A they do charge faster than the stock charger, BUT it's still not a bang bang and done deal. (Please do not charge these TH LIPOs faster than 6 amps.)

The stock charger IS a balancing charger and appears to charge at 5 A, maybe a tad less. I'll leave purchase recommendations to other members.

I have two 3rd party balancing chargers, both work fine, and I charge at 5 or 6 amps. Over time I find that at 6 A they do charge faster than the stock charger, BUT it's still not a bang bang and done deal. (Please do not charge these TH LIPOs faster than 6 amps.)

The stock charger IS a balancing charger and appears to charge at 5 A, maybe a tad less. I'll leave purchase recommendations to other members.
So you are saying my Typhoon H charger that came with it is a balancing charger? I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be screwing them up. And if that is the case, then I don't need one.

Reactions: Rayray
Those that benefit the most from an after market charger are those that charge a lot of batteries of different sizes and types. If you only have one type of battery and low quantities of them the stock charger works fine. Even with 5 or 6 H batteries, charging a day or so before flying will have you ready to go when it's time to fly.

Reactions: Murray Martz
For me the ability to storage-charge the batteries is important. Lack of time, poor weather and the fact that I can't fly locally means that my TH sits idle for weeks right now, so I want to discharge the batteries to an appropriate level if I don't get to use them all.

For me the ability to storage-charge the batteries is important. Lack of time, poor weather and the fact that I can't fly locally means that my TH sits idle for weeks right now, so I want to discharge the batteries to an appropriate level if I don't get to use them all.

THoff:

In case you missed this one from a few weeks ago...

Venom 4-port Typhoon H balancing charger with cycle and storage.

Clean and simple.

Jeff

Yes, I saw that. Tempting, but locks you into a specific battery. While my Hitec X2 charger and adapters look kludgy in comparison, I can use it with batteries other than my TH. I can also stuff the batteries into a fire-resistant charging/storage bag while on the charger.

Reactions: PatR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zuhoouk