Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Charging Plug

Hi Andi. Just place an order on your site for 4 sets. I was a little annoyed to see you only offer them with banana plugs because I will just cut them off to solder on my XT60 connectors ( I hate wasting materials). Why? So I can use my parallel charging board which is....wait for it...XT60! Anyway, thanks for the great effort and I look forward to seeing your handywork up close. You rock, sir! :)
Have you fitted the XT60 connectors to your leads yet, I'm wondering what to do at the moment as I've just bought a 406 Duo and whilst I can charge to batteries now, I really want the capability of charging 6 on a parallel board and obviously need to cut the banana jacks off, unless I can find an adapter :-/ ..... Choices choices, but unfortunately I have the soldering skills of a disabled t-Rex I'm not quite sure what to do ?

unfortunately I have the soldering skills of a disabled t-Rex I'm not quite sure what to do ?

LOL :D:D
I good soldering station makes a huge difference. I cannot solder anything with a standard iron from radio shack or a hardware store. Got a nice (Under $100) soldering station and now I solder like a pro. Check Amazon

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
LOL :D:D
I good soldering station makes a huge difference. I cannot solder anything with a standard iron from radio shack or a hardware store. Got a nice (Under $100) soldering station and now I solder like a pro. Check Amazon

Truer words have never been spoken. Don't forget GOOD flux, and you heat what you're soldering and not the solder!

Truer words have never been spoken. Don't forget GOOD flux, and you heat what you're soldering and not the solder!
I have good flux but very rarely need to use it as it is embedded in the solder. Always make sure to clean up after soldering and get all the flux residue off.

Update:

Yesterday all orders of the 2nd batch have been shipped. Thx a lot for your patient and all the orders!

Just got an update on the next batch which will arrive next week, probably Wednesday, however not yet confirmed.
So all of you who have done a back order will get the connectors as soon as I receive the material.
Currently all back orders can be handled once the material arrives.
So if you are still indecisively about ordering a Connector there are still 20 to 30 connectors left for the next batch.

Andy
Just ordered 2 assembled connectors. The "H" Pro should arrive next week, thank you.

I have good flux but very rarely need to use it as it is embedded in the solder. Always make sure to clean up after soldering and get all the flux residue off.

PLEASE don't use cored solder on electrical components. Flux cored solder should never be used for electrical connections.

Have you fitted the XT60 connectors to your leads yet, I'm wondering what to do at the moment as I've just bought a 406 Duo and whilst I can charge to batteries now, I really want the capability of charging 6 on a parallel board and obviously need to cut the banana jacks off, unless I can find an adapter :-/ ..... Choices choices, but unfortunately I have the soldering skills of a disabled t-Rex I'm not quite sure what to do ?

There is loads of youtube video's on soldering to help you out, also the best way to solder XT60 connectors, as been said before you really need a decent soldering station, the one I highly recommend and use is the Hakko FX-880 D it makes soldering a breeze, with variable heat output and optional different size tips available, not cheap but a well worth investment.

Best place I found to purchase Dancap Electronics Home Page - Official Hakko Distributor for the UK and Northern Ireland

Last edited:
Reactions: Luckyleaf

And there are tons of video showing how to solder an xt60 connector see:
Soldering XT60 - YouTube

Andy

At all from the USA that have received their connector I need your help:

For the once that ordered Priority and received the "Order Complete" mail how long did it
take till you got the connector?

Andy

PLEASE don't use cored solder on electrical components. Flux cored solder should never be used for electrical connections.
I would also like to know why not. I worked in an FAA repair station for years and was trained for electronic repair and soldering along with ESD and all we used on aircraft instruments was cored solder. I have never been told not to use it and never had any instruments come back bad. Before the instrument shop I worked at a computer manufacture and trained on soldering there and again we used cored solder. Now all this was before surface mounted stuff but that is a whole different story. All that training in electronics and my current job is a software engineer and I only use those skills for my hobbies now.

I would also like to know why not. I worked in an FAA repair station for years and was trained for electronic repair and soldering along with ESD and all we used on aircraft instruments was cored solder. I have never been told not to use it and never had any instruments come back bad. Before the instrument shop I worked at a computer manufacture and trained on soldering there and again we used cored solder. Now all this was before surface mounted stuff but that is a whole different story. All that training in electronics and my current job is a software engineer and I only use those skills for my hobbies now.

Were you thinking of acid core? Yes never use that on electronics as it is for pluming.

Ok thanks to YouTube I have filled myself with confidence that I can solder these bloody XT60 connectors, to be honest it looked very simple, but as someone who normally operates a 90cc chainsaw most of the day finesse is definitely not my middle name .... Pff now to order a soldering station and 'bits' :rolleyes:o_O

Ok thanks to YouTube I have filled myself with confidence that I can solder these bloody XT60 connectors, to be honest it looked very simple, but as someone who normally operates a 90cc chainsaw most of the day finesse is definitely not my middle name .... Pff now to order a soldering station and 'bits' :rolleyes:o_O
make sure you get lots of tips in different sizes. Large tips for doing connectors with large wire and small tips for doing small stuff. Also get a tip cleaner of some sort and maybe some tip retinner.

thx for the feedback!

GOOD NEWS.
Just received all the parts for assembling another batch of connectors!!!
Now its just a matter of a few days till all orders have left the "factory" :)
So watch out for an "order is Complete" E-mail!

Andy

Andy,

I would like a couple of connectors and a battery tray.

Any idea when those will be in as would make sense to ship all at once

Cheers

Hy

Currently since there is such a huge demand for the battery connector I can't produce any battery trays...
Currently I only fly the standard batteries and with the battery connector charging them I almost lost interest
into the battery trays. Also for me I hardly get any longer flight times with the tray an the Turnigy 6600mAh.
Ok they are cheaper that's for sure.
And I like finsiehd products like the batter connector. The tray is really a DIY solution and I don't know if
people are happy with it and I hate when I produce something and it doesn't.

So maybe end of next week I give it another try but until then the 3rd batch will be probably sold out...
And I'm currently thinking about a 4th batch but I don't know if there is a lot of interest anymore...

Andy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Polenutrition