Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Charging Plug

thx for the kind words and yes it is hard to keep up with all the requests and questions problems etc :)
But I try my best and and thats all I can do :)

Andy

Reactions: Rayray
For what it's worth, I ordered four of these connectors from Andy. I opted to get them pre-assembled as I couldn't be bothered mucking around with them.
When they arrived, I tested each one and they were all very functional. Now, after many time charging with them, they are working perfectly.

No matter how well a person or company tries with quality control, there is always going to be a small percentage that slips through. Lets hope that Allen does ship his 'faulty' unit back so that Andy can look into it.

For what it's worth, I ordered four of these connectors from Andy. I opted to get them pre-assembled as I couldn't be bothered mucking around with them.
When they arrived, I tested each one and they were all very functional. Now, after many time charging with them, they are working perfectly.

No matter how well a person or company tries with quality control, there is always going to be a small percentage that slips through. Lets hope that Allen does ship his 'faulty' unit back so that Andy can look into it.

So by responding with 'faulty' you're basically implying I'm lying ????

Seriously ??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously ??????

abinder, no man no one is saying you are lying at all. What we are saying is you are buying something provided from a user here, not a company. You are not dealing with Yuneec here. Andy is just a guy, like all of us, who decided he had a 3D printer and printed a connector for himself. It worked so he offered it to others since few others, at that time, were offering them. Yuneec should have offered these from the start but I digress.

Andy has made dozens of these and only a handful of issues. Andy said he tests each one before he ships them and I believe him so something happened in shipping probably. Those are shipped from overseas remember.

He cannot offer anymore than he has with you. He offered to replace it and all he wants is for you to ship the bad one back. If it is at your expense that is not unreasonable since the cost of these is so low. Also man $4 is NOT a fortune in the end. You issues is probably with the shipping company not Andy.

I bought a receiver not long ago from Amazon and hated it, Cost me $32 to send it back. That sucks but wasn't Amazon's fault that I simply did not like it so I had to pay for that.

I bought the kit it from Andy to save a few $$ and I messed it up. Andy offered to send me ones already built if I sent him the old ones. I did not want to have to wait for that or pay extra for the return shipping so just bought some replacement pins from him to try to fix it myself. My choice.

Point is Andy offered to try to help me out but it is not his responsibility to pay for everything when these things are such low cost. He is just a guy trying to help the community. He is not making a ton off of these things.

If you wanted ones with a full warranty you should have bought the ones that cost $62 each.
Even with the extra shipping back to Andy, compared to those, you are WAY ahead here man.

Reactions: JohnL
abinder, no man no one is saying you are lying at all. What we are saying is you are buying something provided from a user here, not a company. You are not dealing with Yuneec here. Andy is just a guy, like all of us, who decided he had a 3D printer and printed a connector for himself. It worked so he offered it to others since few others, at that time, were offering them. Yuneec should have offered these from the start but I digress.

Andy has made dozens of these and only a handful of issues. Andy said he tests each one before he ships them and I believe him so something happened in shipping probably. Those are shipped from overseas remember.

He cannot offer anymore than he has with you. He offered to replace it and all he wants is for you to ship the bad one back. If it is at your expense that is not unreasonable since the cost of these is so low. Also man $4 is NOT a fortune in the end. You issues is probably with the shipping company not Andy.

I bought a receiver not long ago from Amazon and hated it, Cost me $32 to send it back. That sucks but wasn't Amazon's fault that I simply did not like it so I had to pay for that.

I bought the kit it from Andy to save a few $$ and I messed it up. Andy offered to send me ones already built if I sent him the old ones. I did not want to have to wait for that or pay extra for the return shipping so just bought some replacement pins from him to try to fix it myself. My choice.

Point is Andy offered to try to help me out but it is not his responsibility to pay for everything when these things are such low cost. He is just a guy trying to help the community. He is not making a ton off of these things.

If you wanted ones with a full warranty you should have bought the ones that cost $62 each.
Even with the extra shipping back to Andy, compared to those, you are WAY ahead here man.

Actually, if Carolina Dronz ever gets their's back in stock, they're only $24.95. Don't know why you got the "$62" each.

I'd like to second the comments made by @Paladin. Andreas (@GekoCH) seems like a totally nice guy. He did us all a HUGE favor here coming up with these adapters and offering them up to us at what I consider a great price. I've got four of them sitting here and the quality is great IMHO (leads are a little short for my liking, but overall build quality very good). In his shoes I would have asked exactly the same thing: please mail back the defective unit so I can see what went wrong. These things are so small and weigh almost nothing so shipping has just got to be really cheap.

@abinder Please cut Andy a little slack, jack. ;)

Reactions: Bobjazz and Rayray
Actually, if Carolina Dronz ever gets their's back in stock, they're only $24.95. Don't know why you got the "$62" each.
Well Frank at Carolina Dronz has been dragging his feet on this issue since when he announced them in May. I kept asking and bugging him and when Andy offered up his own version, I jumped at the opportunity. So where's Carolina Dronz in all this? No where to be seen.

Reactions: Rayray

I was not referring to Carolina Dronz versions at all. If others are offering them for the same price with a full replacement warranty I suggest you get them there. Ship your old ones to Andy I am sure he will give you a refund, less shipping of course. The $62 version has a full warranty, which is nice, but you pay that price for it. The $62 is from another user/company here not CZ. Remember there are now several sources for these now.

**** these adapters are what prompted me to buy a 3D printer. I wanted to be able to print my own adapters and things like this. I am not even going to use Andy's adapters now since someone uploaded files to Thingaverse that includes a hood and the connector is inserted in it. That is what I wanted to so I already printed the Thingaverse adapter and am going to build those using Andy's connectors and pins. I thank Andy for his help and product anyway and his pins are really nice so it will all be worth it in the end.

Last edited:

Seriously ??????

Dude - you seriously got the wrong impression from what I wrote. As others have said, cut Andy some slack and send the faulty unit back to him so he can see what went wrong. Maybe even a photo showing the connector??

Dude - you seriously got the wrong impression from what I wrote. As others have said, cut Andy some slack and send the faulty unit back to him so he can see what went wrong. Maybe even a photo showing the connector??
I sent him a photo of it to him in a PM here and the videos of the bad one and a video of one of the good ones. He replied here that he didn't see them.

e103fcd2864051ed0da569abba2c30a9.jpg

That is the photo of the connector that sent to him in a PM here.

e103fcd2864051ed0da569abba2c30a9.jpg

That is the photo of the connector that sent to him in a PM here.

Thx for the photo.
Yes a faulty spring loaded pin.
I think we can hanfle this by e-mail. See my mail i sent you a few minutes ago.

Andy

Good news I received the Material and started assembling them.
So I might send out the orders a week earlier then anticipated.
I hope you like that :)

Andy

Reactions: Merlin
Just ordered another one, I should have ordered two originally, the exchange rate is a killer (they end up costing me close to $50 Au each with postage) but they are a great product!!!!!!

thx a lot for your order and your trust in the product!
Yours as well as all the others get shipped out by Monday! (Saturday and Sunday our post office is not working :))

Andy

so for those who are waiting for their connector to arrive here a short video made during my holiday in Corsica...
Disclaimer: all batteries used during this shoot (5 of them) have been charged with the battery connector sold here in this thread :)

Andy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers