Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery compatibility

It will fit in, and it will power on your drone. However, due to the different voltages, the 'Low Battery' warnings will be off and dangerously low for the Plus battery to be taken to. In addition, because the posts for the individual cells has changed you would need to get a Plus Charger or find some non existent Plus battery leads. There are members (I am one) who have successfully flown a Plus with a 480 battery and while the voltage differences are still there, they are now reversed so that when you hit 'Low Battery' its actually only at 50%.

My answer would be the same, The 480 would likely work with a Plus battery but, it is programmed to to the 480 battery's voltage and would likely allow the battery to be taken too low before you are warned of a 'Low Battery' condition. This means you would first have to experiment to see how long you can actually fly. Then you need to consider that the charger you have will not work so you'll have to either find a stock Plus charger in the classifieds for sale OR buy and aftermarket charger but even then you would need charge leads which; are not available here in the US. The batteries cannot be charged on the same charger as Yuneec made them different.

My advise would be to try and find a 480 battery.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I guess this is an ignorant question, but am I gathering that a typhoon h is a 480,? Guess I never put a model number with it because up until now I have flown Qs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vbd777