Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Question!

Reaction score
This is a new problem that I have not had before. When I flew today the Typhoon h. I noticed that the battery warning came on even though the battery was 3/4 full.
I brought it back down and tapped the screen and it was OK. I then took it up over 200 feet maybe 250 and the same thing.
The next thing I tried was close to the ground and flew it fast and after the craft got to the end of the park I pushed up quickly and it flew fine but then the warning came on again. This happened with a different battery also. P4 and an ultrax. Does this make sense?

This is a new problem that I have not had before. When I flew today the Typhoon h. I noticed that the battery warning came on even though the battery was 3/4 full.
I brought it back down and tapped the screen and it was OK. I then took it up over 200 feet maybe 250 and the same thing.
The next thing I tried was close to the ground and flew it fast and after the craft got to the end of the park I pushed up quickly and it flew fine but then the warning came on again. This happened with a different battery also. P4 and an ultrax. Does this make sense?
how cold is it where you're at.

It's been pleasant for a change. I don't think that had anything to do with it but I am open to suggestions.

Reactions: WTFDproject
This sounds like your batteries have a bad cell in them. Use Attechment 68 in the attached document to retrieve your flightlogs and upload them here. We can then see how your batteries are responding to the inputs you give.

Attachments

• WTFDproject Rev89.pdf
    46.9 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: WTFDproject
Is the controller battery fully charged?
I will check that also. I also have another st 16 if the suggestions don't help. I couldn't get Steve's link to open up because I'm apparently not logged in. I'm here at least I think I am.

You must be logged in because you are able to submit a post.

The attachment referenced is retrieving the FlightLog from the ST16 in a zipped format so we have the entire FlightLog.

You can estimate the quality of your battery by checking the telemetry data from the last flight. Here is a picture from one of my older batteries that I uso only for tests, not for "real" flights.
Battery_check.png
The program says it's waste but the battrery can be used for a LED lamp as second life.
What you can see is that the voltage goes down if power is demanded (high current) and goes up if motors stopped (low current). After flight it looks good but it isn't. Look at the remaining capacity. It goes up at the end - magic, isn't it? But this is not real because the remaining battery capacity is computed from voltage which is nonsense. However, this is often used to imitate a capacity measurement.

The internal resistance is too high. Reason may a bad cell or an aged battery.

br HE

I appreciate the info Mr. Elsner. I have plenty of power on the st. 16 and I need to check the flight info. This is something I haven't had to do. How can I get to the inside info for this process.

Peter,

You should be able to download the PDF file in my previous post and open it on your computer with Acrobat Reader.

Then Attachment 68 gives you step by step instructions for retrieving and uploading your flightlogs.

For deep analysis of flightlogs from Yuneec drones "q500log2kml" is available. It covers a lot of functions and is a little bit too complicated to use. You must careful read the manual.
To simply check the behaviour of your flight batteries and little brother of this program is available: BatteryCheck. This is easy to use. Simply load a telemetry file (Telemetry_00xxx.csv) and look at the chart. The CSV file should be a larger one to make sure that there is a real flight in. The latest file has the highest number. A short description is attached - good to have a look on this.

Both programs are available as zip files on my homepage (among others) in the download area. All programs are portable - no installation necessary. Simply unzip the downloaded file.

The programs are Open Source, github link on download page. Programs are made with fast and easy to use Lazarus IDE: Lazarus Homepage

br HE

For deep analysis of flightlogs from Yuneec drones "q500log2kml" is available. It covers a lot of functions and is a little bit too complicated to use. You must careful read the manual.
To simply check the behaviour of your flight batteries and little brother of this program is available: BatteryCheck. This is easy to use. Simply load a telemetry file (Telemetry_00xxx.csv) and look at the chart. The CSV file should be a larger one to make sure that there is a real flight in. The latest file has the highest number. A short description is attached - good to have a look on this.

Both programs are available as zip files on my homepage (among others) in the download area. All programs are portable - no installation necessary. Simply unzip the downloaded file.

The programs are Open Source, github link on download page. Programs are made with fast and easy to use Lazarus IDE: Lazarus Homepage

br HE
Thanks again and while I try to comprehend all of this I am going to fly again today and will let you know.

Well I just went for a nice flight with a Gifi and wonderful. Everything was perfect. I flew it every way possible and no problems. Now the part I don't understand. I used the p4 that told me on the screen what I didn't want to see, the warning which I mentioned. So today I also the used the same p4 and also perfect. I drained it a bit and it's fine. It's the only p4 I have that was completely flat with no signs of pregnancy so I am a bit puzzled. Uploading has to be done on my wife's Mac and I am not going to involve that at this point. I will try the ultrax tomorrow and see what happens. I am starting to think that between Tom, steve and Mr. Elsner and a few others that they actually designed the drone in the 1st place. Genius folks!!

If the Mac has to be used to get files it will require a little bit different method.

Sounding like the batteries may just have needed to be cycled a time or two. Let us know if you continue to have issues with the batteries.

If the Mac has to be used to get files it will require a little bit different method.

Sounding like the batteries may just have needed to be cycled a time or two. Let us know if you continue to have issues with the batteries.
Will do for sure!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy