Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery help

Reaction score
One of my batteries won't charge, I have a reading from it, and it works in the drone, but i just get a blinking blue error when I try to charge it, it did get wet when I crashed. Should I just chalk this battery up as a loss and not use it?

Please describe what was meant by "wet". Was the battery immersed in water or wet on the only surface?

Have you tried inserting the battery in the charger more firmly?

What is the voltage reading you obtain?

Please don't use that battery if it's the one in the drone that crashed into the lake.

Voltage reads 15.5, drone flew into a small pool but it was not submerged. The battery most likely only got wet on the surface. It seems to be fine, just won't charge.

One of my batteries won't charge, I have a reading from it, and it works in the drone, but i just get a blinking blue error when I try to charge it, it did get wet when I crashed. Should I just chalk this battery up as a loss and not use it?
If the battery doesn't show any signs of damage then clean the contacts with electrical contact cleaner.
If it still doesn't work then it's finished. There is a small electronic board inside the battery.

Battery1.jpg Battery2.jpg Battery3.jpg

Last edited:
Is your battery an original battery from Yuneec?

I suggest using a different charger such as a Hitec Charger that can display each cell voltage. Perhaps there is someone in your area who has one that you could check the battery.

Have you tried installing the battery in your "H" to see if it reads on the ST16? Perhaps even start the motors and leave them at idle while it's running. Keep checking the voltage reading on the screen of the ST16 and see what happens.

If he shorted the board it might well be only a one way circuit now. There's a rule that's generally applicable to electrical items. Don't put them in the water. If you do, don't expect them to work afterwards.

It's a brand new battery, only used once for about 30 seconds, then a brief dip in the pool. I will probably just get another one and chalk it up as a loss.

Reactions: Chris Dunn
In principle similar to wrecking a new Ferrari less than an hour after driving it off the show room floor[emoji24]

It's a brand new battery, only used once for about 30 seconds, then a brief dip in the pool. I will probably just get another one and chalk it up as a loss.

anytime a battery gets wet there is a high chance it is ruin much cheaper to buy a new battery than have it go out in flight and your already having issues, and it crashed into water,
common tells ya to trashe the batter and keep flying

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold