Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery went bye bye

Reaction score
So, took the quad out over the weekend, and was only able to get about 8 minutes of flight of my fully charged battery. I thought that maybe I had flown on it before I left town for a few minutes, and figured that was the problem. I was out of town, and sadly forgot to bring my good charger with me, so I recharged on the stock charger. Took her up after the battery indicated full. And was in the middle of a high-ish (340' agl) flight, and I got a battery warning. I've never even hit the warning before. And this happened at 5:55 into the flight! As you can imagine, I went into a severe turning decent, and put her on the ground in one piece. I was barely able to get the battery out without breaking something, as it was so swollen!! Needless to say, I'll be turning this into a recycle station soon. Unless I can somehow get the battery out of the case for some DIY battery application??? ;)

Anyway, I reached out to Yuneec, and I think they are going to take care of me. (The battery only had about 25 cycles, and I was under the 6 month warranty)

Just wanted to pass on that for the second time, Yuneec's CS came through for me with no fuss.

Cheers, and happy flyin'!

Update for those that read the previous. New battery is on the way, and should be here Friday. WooHoo!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy