Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Best free Video & Photo editor

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some cheap solution (mean free) photo and video editor. Could You recommend me some positions?

I am not a professional, yet, however I have found that Darktable and Gimp work really well. Lots of tutorials on how to properly use them are available online.

Reactions: JasiekKuna
I had to use Darktable as a part of plug-in to open DNG files in Gimp. I found that Darktable is a very good editor for exposure, more so than Gimp.

GIMP for still images. I use GIMP for all my non RAW images and for RAW images I use RawTherapee. Some people who use GIMP, though, have reported a bit of a learning curve but I gotta say that I took to it quite easily. I can't suggest a video editor although I believe DaVinci Resolve is good if your computer has the horse power to run it. For video editor I use the paid for Filmora. Can't remember how much it cost me but it wasn't too expensive.

Caveat on DaVinci Resolve... high hardware requirements, as well as a steep learning curve for some.
Many moons ago I tried Resolve but I had to give up on it because my old computer didn't have the guts. However, while I did use it I found it reasonably easy to use. Now I have a computer that would easily run Resolve but I'm so used to using Filmora now that I just stick with it.

If you want to have all options pay for a program Like did. Microsoft movie maker. It will do everything I need it to..Even upload to youtube in what every resolution you want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder