Separate names with a comma.
Sign up and join the fastest growing Yuneec drone community.
Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chris McMillan, May 13, 2016.
Any thoughts out there, or is it best to go for self contained deal, like Marco Polo?
My P3 crashed two times in the bush in Texas and all I had to do is follow it with my controllers map until I was right on the Home Point and look and there it was both times 4 feet away! But I guess even though the Lipo exploded and no power, it still recorded the last point, which was the crater it left in the ground!. Do we really need a tracking device? Any thoughts of why theGPS on the device won't suffice, Just wondering?
I went for the Marco and have had to use it with perfect results,I don't have a Dji products so I can't comment on the gps.Marco polo uses the same type system as LoJack and isn't affected by brush,trees and is more foolproof for my country.
I live in the bush too! I bought the Marco for two drones, but curious since I can do the same with the DJI Go app, but maybe Yuneec is different, but I will use Marco still ! No I have not received mine yet, but they say It will ship to me next Wednesday, Ole Harvey got his today! Lucky Dog ! We owe him a cold Corona!
Exact GPS location and google maps link sent via txt to your cell phone. Can be used for luggage, put in the car in case it gets stolen, many uses for it. Velcro sticks to bottom of the quad.
Battery lasts almost two weeks in standby mode. I love it. Works great for me.
Drone Mods UAV Locator
* Standalone device powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion 1300 mAh battery that will last up to 12 days.
* Compact and lightweight; the device measures 2.6" L x 1.45" W x .75" H (67mm x 37mm x 20mm) and weighs only 53 grams.
* 6 months of service included for free!
* Carrier agnostic. Not forced to rely on a single carrier's network. Triangulates position using all available networks in the area.
* Includes a specialized SIM card that utilizes network hopping to ensure GPS coordinates can be retrieved 99% of the time.
* Two low-cost service plan options to keep your device activated after your free service period expires.
* SOS button for sending GPS coordinates on-demand. Useful if someone else finds your UAV before you do.
* Uses high sensitivity GPS and assisted GPS and operates on the GPRS/GSM network; accuracy range of 3 ft. to 150 ft.
* Thoroughly beta tested by volunteers on a number of popular UAV's: AR.Drone, RC Eye 450, DJI Phantom 1/2/3, Phantom Vision/Vision+, DJI F450, DJI S1000
* Very reliable even in rural or densely populated areas.
* Will not interfere with your UAV's onboard GPS systems.
* U.S. based phone number.
* Crash proof, non-magnetic, water resistant case.
* Two low-cost service plan options to keep your device activated after your 6 months of service expires.
* 1-year manufacturer's warranty
* FCC and CE certified device; RoHS compliant
The Drone Mods UAV Locator was featured in episode 2 of the Multirotor Magazine podcast. CLICK HERE to listen to the segment.
How it works
The Drone Mods UAV Locator is a small, lightweight, self-powered, standalone device that attaches to your UAV. If at anytime you need to retrieve the location of
your UAV, simply call the phone number assigned to your device. Within 15-60 seconds you will receive a text message and an email containing a Google Maps
link with the GPS (latitude/longitude) coordinates of the device. View an example of what you will see in Google Maps. A green arrow pinpoints the location of
your UAV on the map. Go to this location and look around for your UAV.
How far are you from Lufkin, TX ?
I'd be interested to find out if the H has something similar to the controllers map on your DJI,
Go for the Marco ,the battery lasts as long or longer than the above,simply use the hand held device located with a 2 mile line of sight signal and go right to it,no cell signal or gps loss to worry about.very proven technology and you get what you pay for quality and no monthly fees.
From what I have learned it does have the map, with the aircraft triangle that shows you where you are and which direction the aircraft is pointed/flying. It darn better, that is to me on of the most important features! Maybe Harvey can tell us if it has the directional/location map! Harvey help meeee!( he is no longer a member of TWHC as he got his H today, Lucky Dog !
How big is its transmitter, will it fit easily on the H?
Didn't you get one?I thought you ordered a Marco.The tags are little over an inch,small side switch,charge port in rear.The tags will fit all over the H,I mounted one on the top front of my Aton and the supplied Velcro tape easily withstand the 50+ mph dives,tricks.
Yuneec has a triangle direction pointer thing on the video,I'm sure the H will also.if the H has a map that would be an added surprise.
Harvey was going to check that for me, would be extremely nice, yes, I did order one , but didn't get till an hour after I posted to you! Sorry Humboldt!
A friend of mine got a cheap pet tracker on his, but it hasn't been put to the test yet.
My q500 4k crashed in "Home" mode and I assume the battery fell out, couldn't use the remote to find it. Fell into an area with very dense bushes and shrubs, had to cut my way through to the approximate last known GPS coordinates from telemetry out of the remote. Came out hours later with only a body of scratches.
Get the Marco Polo if you can afford it,2 mile range and doesn't use gps or cell phone,it's like LoJack car recovery system but downsized for drones.the battery lasts for weeks and then some amazing product.