Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera freezing and not saving pics or video.

Reaction score
So the past few times I have been out when I go into camera mode and start taking pictures it will click and click and click. Then it will just stop clicking and screen will freeze. Then that's it it's done with pics. I can select video and record doesn't work.
This is all within 100ft. Land and reboot and try again and samething.
Then I have had a time or two when it would click every press and when I got home nothing on the sd card.
I have had the typhoon h for 1 week.
Any clue or should I send back?

446849fc3378e19f68d3d05b49b373a9.jpg

Strange...I sort of have had the same problem on my last tow flights, but mine is with the video...
This morning I activated the H, got a screen with the video showing, clicked the video start button, took off to about 20 ft, and the screen froze on me.
I could rotate the camera, rotate the H, but I got no video or tele data on the screen. I could see the camera rotating and panning down, but nothing changed on the screen. I couldn't turn the video off either,
I had to land, shut everything off, restart the ST16 and then the H.
This time everything worked and I had a 10 minute flight with no problems.
When I got home I founde the card did record everything.
This happened three days ago, but I never took notice.
BTY...
This is after I did the last update...
Never had this happen before
Will continue to watch to see if it continues to freeze, then call CS !

If all this is happening after a recent update my first thought would be to re-install the update, from a card, not over the air, taking care to follow instructions explicitly. Then bind everything again.

It's happening to me as well. I started after the updated in October. From what i can tell... it seems to be linked to the Micro SD card. Are you using the original SD card that came with the Typhoon H???

For me, the freezing followed two of four of my micro SD cards. Never had the problem on the original Typhoon H micro SD card. It doesn't makes sense, but that's what i've uncovered so far.

Tried doing firmware again sd card. And nope did it o. Ground almost seems worse. I am useing a different sd card 32 10 card. I'm going to try a 8 gb class 4 next.
Also may try to revert to previous firmware. If I can find it to download

Tried doing firmware again sd card. And nope did it o. Ground almost seems worse. I am useing a different sd card 32 10 card. I'm going to try a 8 gb class 4 next.
Also may try to revert to previous firmware. If I can find it to download
As far as i can tell, if it's not the original SD card, there may be some issues. See if Yuneec will send you a new SD card if you don't have the original or ask them for a recommended SD card retailer. I now know not to put an untested SD card in the Typhoon H.

I think there are older threads that explain the type of micro-cards to use with 4K cameras, but here's a quick fix. Buy a card with the "3" inside a circle or inverted U like the one in this picture. Buy whatever brand you wish, but it needs to have that "3" number to handle the high speeds. A Class 4, even an ordinary Class 10, is not good enough.
uhs3 microcard.JPG

Ok that's what I just found out I tried my sd cards that I used in my mobius class 4 and other class 4 sd cards all worked. This class 10 was sent with the th and is the one that doesn't work.

That's for the help in getting to the bottom of this.

Clear all files other than the firmware file from the card. Have only the file for the device being upgraded on the card. Clear the card of files between each device's upgrade.

I think there are older threads that explain the type of micro-cards to use with 4K cameras, but here's a quick fix. Buy a card with the "3" inside a circle or inverted U like the one in this picture. Buy whatever brand you wish, but it needs to have that "3" number to handle the high speeds. A Class 4, even an ordinary Class 10, is not good enough.
View attachment 5606
I put one of those in your picture into my H last night for use today flying over a roman road. However, once everything had booted up and connected, my ST said no card detected. Luckily, I'd anticipated this may happen and I had the card I'd taken out of the H last night with me and used that.

Interestingly, when I got home I put the new card in again and it worked fine. Maybe a dirty connection?

I've been out today and there's a load of stuff missing.
Lots of photos and 3 X 18 panorama pictures. ? ? ? ?
I'm using a Samsung 128GB EVO and it's been fine for the best part of a year.
I didn't clear it before my flight though but I usually don't until I've edited and saved the previous lot.

There's only 10 GB used out of the 128.

Jim

If it hasn't already been mentioned reformat your SD card, if you've got the proper speed card this could be causing the problem with regard to the writing of you data...as for it being a firmware update issue I don't think that's the cause...by the description you've given...corruption of data is generally hardware based...as others have mentioned there could be other issues. I often wondered about the formatting done on the H...I don't know how thorough it is I'm always suspect because of how quickly it accomplishes the task relative to other methods of reformatting for example on your computer. The card could also be damaged due to moisture or other things....copy a bunch of not photo files and see if they are corrupted as well...if it's the card it will corrupt other data too.

Some 128 gig cards can be difficult, especially if they are "off" brands or slower than they need to be. Also try using a 64gig card instead of 128. Do a full format before using it. Secondly, don't push the shutter real fast. Allow a second or two between shots.

The Panoramas were set to double layer so 18 shots each.
I saw them being taken on my screen.
I can't think it's a range thing unless the H needs to communicate back to the ST16 while it's actually snapping pictures ? ? ?
I was probably about 400 metres away
I have a 64 GB Samsung EVO disk that I can try.

Thanks for the replies Gents.

Jim

I just tried a 64 gb U3 XC1 V30 (what's in a name... *sigh*) San Disk that looks very much like the one in Ray's post. Started with formatting it in the CGO-3+ before using it and it works great.

Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss