Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can Wizard Wand keys be reformatted to take photo or start/stop video

Reaction score
I'm liking the functionality of the wizard wand watching it in use, I dont see however the ability to take a picture or start/stop video? Is this available?

Can I rebind a lesser used function on the wand that I wont need to take photo and start/stop video?

Pointing the camera at myself, holding the st16 doesnt look good in some personal shots I'd like to take of me.

Does the H have a timer for photos so I can atleast move the controller from view?

I appreciate the video it provides a lot of insight on getting this set up, however after digging deeper Im finding out that the Wizard doesnt offer the ability to start/stop recording and take a still photo, seems a tad bit counter intuitive especially being able to point and place the drone somewhere in the air with its features. I dont see anything on how to map the wizard controller..

It'd be nice if Yuneec made the gyroscope only active if you wanted to fly like that, being able to perform basic manuevers up down left right in angle/smart mode on the D-pad on the Wizard and then being able to take a photo would be game changing

I think the wizard is really intended for video. If you need shots you can grab a frame from the video and they are quite suitable even for printing. You really need the St16 to set up the camera for the exposures, WB, resolution, etc. There is just no way to do that with a tiny controller.

Reactions: TexasTyphoonH
I use my Wizard a lot however I always use my ST16 to control the camera.

A while back I uploaded an image of the Wizard button press chart that was supplied with my H. You can see that it indicates there are combination button presses that will take still photos and start stop recording, I have not tried them.

Attachments

• IMG_20160708_132547.jpg
    IMG_20160708_132547.jpg
    1,020.4 KB · Views: 35
I use my Wizard a lot however I always use my ST16 to control the camera.

A while back I uploaded an image of the Wizard button press chart that was supplied with my H. You can see that it indicates there are combination button presses that will take still photos and start stop recording, I have not tried them.

You are awesome, thanks for that info that's exactly what I needed to know. Thats pretty game changing for me and some the things I'd like to accomplish with my H

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gsdmama08