Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CCC and automatic still pictures

Reaction score
Hey All, question that I hope is not obvious.. and if it is please gently help a new guy out and point me to some previous posts. I want to make a route (likely with CCC) and at each of the stops/waypoints take a still picture automatically and than move on to the next way waypoint and repeat. I want to do this to try and get a collection of still pictures as the seasons change and than somehow stitch them together to make like a time-lapse video over the coarse of several weeks as things turn from brown to green this time of year. Does anyone have suggestions how to do this (both the automatic pictures and stiching them together for a time lapse video over several week period)?? I have programmed CCC routes but they seem to be more for shooting video on the move and not a sequence of automatic still photos at different loctions along a route with the camera pointing at a fixed point. Thanks ahead of time,

Hey All, question that I hope is not obvious.. and if it is please gently help a new guy out and point me to some previous posts. I want to make a route (likely with CCC) and at each of the stops/waypoints take a still picture automatically and than move on to the next way waypoint and repeat. I want to do this to try and get a collection of still pictures as the seasons change and than somehow stitch them together to make like a time-lapse video over the coarse of several weeks as things turn from brown to green this time of year. Does anyone have suggestions how to do this (both the automatic pictures and stiching them together for a time lapse video over several week period)?? I have programmed CCC routes but they seem to be more for shooting video on the move and not a sequence of automatic still photos at different loctions along a route with the camera pointing at a fixed point. Thanks ahead of time,
Have you tried using some key words in the search area to see if anyone else has asked this? You could also try YouTube's search to see what people have tried. Just use the key words that you feel are for what you want.

I don't think taking pictures is a programmable function other than the sequential mode for snapshots. I would think that would work and then just pick out the ones you want to use.
Your plan is an ambitious one and I'm uncertain how the results will turn out. Although you can fly the same stored route, the exact path may vary somewhat because a barometric altimeter is never exactly right or repeatable. Maintaining a higher altitude will minimize the difference.
I am using PowerDirector which allow me to dump a load of pictures into the video work space sorted by date. It works well for a fast moving slide show but I've not tried it for time-lapse.

Steve, do you also use Power for editing video?
Yup. I've used Wondershare which is an easy program to use and Videopad which I didn't care for. I'm still learning to use PD15. I've only had a pc for a couple of weeks that is capable of editing 4K.

Unfortunately, the current version of the Typhoon autopilot doesn't support 'actions at waypoints' - ie. taking a photo when you reach a given position. You could try using the timelapse function, but as you'd be out by up to half a second, you might find it difficult to line pictures up..

What you could do is define a single waypoint mission for each position. When you start a mission, the Typhoon goes to that starting waypoint ready to do the rest of the route, so you've basically got an easy way to get it to go to a place and hold location. If you've got a lot of different view points you want to take photos from that might get a little unwieldy, but for a handful it would just be a question of selecting the mission, and pressing start, then taking the photo once the Typhoon had got into place.

You could also use the "Burst" photo mode at each point in order to capture a selection of images for each view. Use a large capacity card if selecting the high count mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal