Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGOET Firmware update help

Reaction score
I recently picked up an H and a CGOET. Upon binding the CGOET camera I'm told that the firmware needs updated. I can't seem to locate any updates. Anyone ran into this and where do I find an update?

Thanks!

I recently picked up an H and a CGOET. Upon binding the CGOET camera I'm told that the firmware needs updated. I can't seem to locate any updates. Anyone ran into this and where do I find an update?

Thanks!
Sounds like it would be worth a call to Yuneec to inquire about the firmware. I presume you are using the latest firmware on the ST16 and the H. Since it's a new model camera you would expect it to have current firmware installed so it could simply be a problem with the ST16 recognizing that model.

His units may not have the newest update, which he can find on the Yuneec website. Use the 2 Typhoon H firmware files.

does the cgoet camera need to be selected for the firmware to update? Is there any update on this issue? I'm not seeing the camera on the website...

Reactions: pctyphoon
does the cgoet camera need to be selected for the firmware to update? Is there any update on this issue? I'm not seeing the camera on the website...
I own a CGO-ET since 15th June 2017. I then updated with the downloaded EU file "cgoet_gb_0.0.35_E_firmware.bin" which is available on the DE and UK web pages.
Downloads - Kameradrohnen | Einzigartige Luftaufnahmen in 4K UHD
Downloads - Yuneec
Back in June I also could not find an "A" FW update version on the US pages which you probably want to use.

As of today on the US pages the CGO-ET is mentioned as a "commercial payload product": so the CGO-ET is shown in conjunction with the H520. Does anyone know, if the actual sold CGO-ET (US/UK/DE) will fit to the H520?

(Interestingly as of today, the CGO3+ is advertised with 115°FOV on the US pages and 94°FOV on the UK/DE pages. IIRC earliear this year it still was the other way around: 94°FOV US only, 115°FOV for UK/DE, like it was from the beginning)

From the article I read on the general forums, it said the new cgo-et with the 520 was going to be a flir based unit with 320x240 resolution. The cgo-et that we have now is just 160x120. I don't know if it is a flir camera or not. I was hesitant to buy it as I didn't know if the resolution was going to be good enough to do inspection work. When I got it I went to a local business that has solar panels and asked if they would let me fly them. They allowed me to fly and I found 12 bad panels in their array.
They were impressed, and I was happy to find out the camera did the job and I was able to do some good on my first outing.

Reactions: kai_bcn
I was at least 15ft off of them. I could have been further and still have gotten good resolution. At one point I'm sure I was 25 to 30 feet.

I own a CGO-ET since 15th June 2017. I then updated with the downloaded EU file "cgoet_gb_0.0.35_E_firmware.bin" which is available on the DE and UK web pages.
Downloads - Kameradrohnen | Einzigartige Luftaufnahmen in 4K UHD
Downloads - Yuneec
Back in June I also could not find an "A" FW update version on the US pages which you probably want to use.

As of today on the US pages the CGO-ET is mentioned as a "commercial payload product": so the CGO-ET is shown in conjunction with the H520. Does anyone know, if the actual sold CGO-ET (US/UK/DE) will fit to the H520?

(Interestingly as of today, the CGO3+ is advertised with 115°FOV on the US pages and 94°FOV on the UK/DE pages. IIRC earliear this year it still was the other way around: 94°FOV US only, 115°FOV for UK/DE, like it was from the beginning)
What mm lens did you get?

What mm lens did you get?
I got the CGO3+ with 115 deg FOV lens back in August 2016 (Germany).
As of now (August 19th 2017) the CGO3+ FOVs on the different language pages of Yuneec are:
DE: 115 deg FOV
UK: 94 deg FOV
US: 98 deg FOV
So it's a bit confusing ;)

Reactions: Dr Delta

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ardigitalmedia