Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGOET

Reaction score
I have a CGOET camera for my typhoon H. Does anyone know if it will fit the H520?

Not at present. Yuneec is said to be working on firmware to make it work with the 520. Nothing official is out yet.
Bear in mind that if it is made to work with the 520, you can no longer use it on the TH. That much seems certain.

Found this information on Carolina Drones web site.
2134e03d3c5fe3ec7133a0646669a66a.jpg

Found this information on Carolina Drones web site.

That CGO-ET information was based on Carolina Dronz understanding at the time. Now it has been found found to be incorrect.

Here's the word today from the owner and President of Carolina Dronz, with his permission:
“Yuneec is currently working on updating the FW on the CGOET cameras, they mentioned couple weeks it will be available”

For anyone planning to buy a CGO-ET for a 520, be sure to ask/tell the dealer to verify it will work with 520s.
If you have an existing ET, wait until a firmware upgrade is available to use it with the 520.

The ET will then not work on 480s.

That CGO-ET information was based on Carolina Dronz understanding at the time. Now it has been found found to be incorrect.

Here's the word today from the owner and President of Carolina Dronz, with his permission:
“Yuneec is currently working on updating the FW on the CGOET cameras, they mentioned couple weeks it will be available”

For anyone planning to buy a CGO-ET for a 520, be sure to ask/tell the dealer to verify it will work with 520s.
If you have an existing ET, wait until a firmware upgrade is available to use it with the 520.

The ET will then not work on 480s.

If it is not going to work with the H480 once upgraded to work with the H520, it would be highly recommended to ask if the operation is reversible. I mean, if you have both drones and want to be able to use it with both of them, it has to be possible to install one or the other firmware and use it in both.

Asking doesn't cost anything, it costs more to insist that they check it well rather than just trying to sell. I don't say it for anyone but seeing the information coming from some sellers........ o_Oo_Oo_O

I have the CGO-ET

I had understood it would work on the H520 when it appeared.

It doesn’t and seeing how much more “technical” the guts of the H520 seem to be then that is okay.

If the upgrade is to improve the lens(es), firmware, and increase it’s potential uses, software, then great.

Let’s get ‘er done as they say here.

If a couple of weeks means two I can wait though asking CS is constantly “Dunno, it should be available soon but no idea about any upgrade ir even if that will be available”

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder