Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Chargers for the h plus what your thinking looking for a good one

Hello,

I would recommend you the DY5 from Yuneec. It is easy to use and provides much information about the condition of the battery.

convert subtitles to English

greeting
Fan Tho Mass

As @Fan Tho Mass has pointed out, the Yuneec DY5 is good charger for the H Plus. It is neat and compact and you don't have to fool around with charge and balance leads, as this is a dedicated charger. One thing I would add that some may want to think about is; would you want to have the ability to charge other batteries? A charger that has the ability to charge not only H Plus LiHv batteries but also the batteries for a regular Typhoon H and also the batteries for the ST-16 and ST-16s and any other type of battery, such as the one I use for my screen recorder, has come in handy

I purchased a Hitex X2-AC back in the day for my H and it is now doing double duty for the Plus. The down side of the older Hitec's is that when using an AC power source you can only charge at 50 watts per channel while on DC you can go to 100 watts per channel. Just to give you an idea of the difference the wattage makes - I have three batteries and if I want to charge all three, I can put two on the Hitec @ 50 watts each and the third goes into the stock charger. They all hit fully charge within minutes of each other at around 74 minutes. In the field I can charge from the car battery at fully charge a depleted battery in around 40 to 45 minutes.

If i were shopping for a charger today I think I might still go for this type of charger but I would make sure to get one that can do at least 70 to 100 watts per channel on AC.

Reactions: pixelzombie
I will second @Ty Pilot's recommendation... the one other factor that needs be mentioned is that the HiTech charger not only gives you the storage charge features of the DY-5, it will also easily give you direct measurement of IR readings... crucial to closely monitoring the health of your batteries. At a $179 a pop for the Plus batteries, that additional level of monitoring will financially offset the higher initial investment.

I will second @Ty Pilot's recommendation... the one other factor that needs be mentioned is that the HiTech charger not only gives you the storage charge features of the DY-5, it will also easily give you direct measurement of IR readings... crucial to closely monitoring the health of your batteries. At a $179 a pop for the Plus batteries, that additional level of monitoring will financially offset the higher initial investment.
I bought mine from copter.eu when I purchased my H and Goggles only €89,90 EURO

copter.eu - The YUNEEC Experts

I can only recommend the DY5 as Fan Tho Mass. It charges the batteries in about 75 minutes from 25% I had it with me on job today and easily kept me flying all day on 3 batteries only. It is a good affordable charger [emoji16]

Reactions: BigAl07
Well I just ordered the DY5 for my H520 batteries.. I hope y'all are happy LOL!

Thanks for the information :)

Here is my setup. Can charge anything.

Attachments

• 20181123_183121.jpg
    20181123_183121.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
The DY5 for my H520 batteries arrived very quick and is a breeze to use. So far (just about 2 dozen charges on it with 3 batteries total) I'm really liking it. I used the STORAGE mode last night for 2 of the batteries because the weather has turned foul and I won't be flying for several days now. I would much rather burn em with flying but when you can't you just can't.

Here is my setup. Can charge anything.
I found some connectors on Amazon that look just like yours. All of the responses say it's not compatible with the plus though. Are they the same plug or different? If they're different, do you have a link?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig