Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Compass Warning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Npk

Reaction score
So my H was flying excellent with the B27 firmware installed and I was hesitating to update, but since the newest firmware supposed to fix the max altittude bug and everybody was loving the new B30 I went ahead and updated it. Since then everytime I start the craft I get an alert that says "compass warning!!!Please land in Angle Mode immediately, then do a compass calibration ". So far I've tried reinstalling the ST16 and YTH firmware 4 times, compass calibrated around 40 times in 5 different places that I know have no issues because I calibrated there before, have reset the ST16 ,cleared flight data and flightlog. Also tried to downgrade to the B27 again but the ST16 refuses to cooperate saying that I have the latest version installed.

So am out of ideas here, does anybody knows what else to try?

So my H was flying excellent with the B27 firmware installed and I was hesitating to update, but since the newest firmware supposed to fix the max altittude bug and everybody was loving the new B30 I went ahead and updated it. Since then everytime I start the craft I get an alert that says "compass warning!!!Please land in Angle Mode immediately, then do a compass calibration ". So far I've tried reinstalling the ST16 and YTH firmware 4 times, compass calibrated around 40 times in 5 different places that I know have no issues because I calibrated there before, have reset the ST16 ,cleared flight data and flightlog. Also tried to downgrade to the B27 again but the ST16 refuses to cooperate saying that I have the latest version installed.

So am out of ideas here, does anybody knows what else to try?
I have gotten the compass warning as well after the upgrade. However, it was always before I took off. After it's in flight I have not gotten any. Now with several flights since, it has stopped giving the warning.
My suggestion is to set it down, turn it on and wait 13 minutes before you start the motors on the first flight. Then do at least 3 test flights and see how it flies.
When you clear the flight data I believe you clear all the calibrations and the last GPS coords. By waiting 13 minutes on the first flight the H will get an exact GPS fix. After that it will have the last coords stored so it only takes a minute or so to get the fix. Don't be fooled by the number of sats showing. When it has to start with the GPS at E0.000 N0.000 it takes that long to get the accuracy it needs.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I should have stated that all the warnings were shown before I took off, also I waited 10 minutes after one of the updates (not the latest) with similar results. Last but not least the GPS status never changed from "acquiring" in all my flight attempts after the upgrade.

I have gotten the compass warning as well after the upgrade. However, it was always before I took off. After it's in flight I have not gotten any. Now with several flights since, it has stopped giving the warning.
My suggestion is to set it down, turn it on and wait 13 minutes before you start the motors on the first flight. Then do at least 3 test flights and see how it flies.
When you clear the flight data I believe you clear all the calibrations and the last GPS coords. By waiting 13 minutes on the first flight the H will get an exact GPS fix. After that it will have the last coords stored so it only takes a minute or so to get the fix. Don't be fooled by the number of sats showing. When it has to start with the GPS at E0.000 N0.000 it takes that long to get the accuracy it needs.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I should have stated that all the warnings were shown before I took off, also I waited 10 minutes after one of the updates (not the latest) with similar results. Last but not least the GPS status never changed from "acquiring" in all my flight attempts after the upgrade.
Okay, Now I'm confused. My response was to Npk. So you are also getting errors?
In any case, if you aren't getting a GPS lock then there is a big problem. Was this after an update? Did it work previously? Need some details if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acharyaganesh