Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone firmware update.

There's no reason to delete files on the ST-16 - certainly not the telemetry or FPV files. They're managed by the Yuneec Flight Mode app, and are a useful record of your drone's behaviour. They don't have any affect on future flights as far as I'm aware.

Occasionally it can be necessary to clear the Flight Mode app data through the Android menu, but that's really only necessary when you have a big change in the ST-16 firmware (like we did when we moved to version 3.x from version 2).

Personally, I'm not in favour of clearing everything out and re-calibrating constantly. It increases your chance of ending up with a bad configuration. Re binding doesn't hurt though, when you've done any updates to the Typhoon itself.

I updated my two H's. One works fine, but the other doesn't fully retract the landing gear. I updated again and cleared the Flight mode in the 16 and it still doesn't fully retract the landing gear. Guess I will have to call Yuneec on Monday.

I updated my two H's. One works fine, but the other doesn't fully retract the landing gear. I updated again and cleared the Flight mode in the 16 and it still doesn't fully retract the landing gear. Guess I will have to call Yuneec on Monday.

I don't think the update could have caused this.
First examine the H and make sure an antenna wire or some other obstacle is not blocking the landing gear.

Remove the props, turn on both units and let them connect. Do not start the motors. Now turn the H upside down and flip the switch slowly several times, With the switch on Raise, give the legs a nudge or careful bump (no, put the hammer down!). Flip the switch slowly several times.

Members have reported that this usually works. Good luck.

Another possibility could be,
Examine that gear closely. If one of the forks on the end of the potmetal connector is broken and laying in there it can cause this.

Attachments

• DH8_3458-800.JPG
    DH8_3458-800.JPG
    193.9 KB · Views: 50
First examine the H and make sure an antenna wire or some other obstacle is not blocking the landing gear.

Remove the props, turn on both units and let them connect. Do not start the motors. Now turn the H upside down and flip the switch slowly several times, With the switch on Raise, give the legs a nudge or careful bump (no, put the hammer down!). Flip the switch slowly several times.

Thanks for the advise. I found out that on of the brass gear cork screws that connect the motor to the leg lever was slightly bent (probably from an incidental bump) so I straightened it out and it works fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
puputus