Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FAA authorization of waver-Online form broken?

Reaction score
I can't seem to post an online waver request on the FAA page meant for waver requests. After filling out the form and trying to post it. All I get is dates invalid. They are not and they follow to the letter the instructions for dates/times. Has anyone else been able to fill out this form and send it?
errorMsg.jpg

Manny, I have not applied for any waivers as yet, but I noticed you said "All I get is dates invalid" - But the box above says Local Start and End Times are invalid. What class airspace is the waiver for? I just got my certification and I may need to do this in the future so I'm Interested in seeing how this process works. I'm hoping they eventually streamline the 90 day notice time though.
Pat

Reactions: Rayray
Manny, I have not applied for any waivers as yet, but I noticed you said "All I get is dates invalid" - But the box above says Local Start and End Times are invalid. What class airspace is the waiver for? I just got my certification and I may need to do this in the future so I'm Interested in seeing how this process works. I'm hoping they eventually streamline the 90 day notice time though.
Pat
You're right. It was start/end dates for ten tries and now like you said it's times. It was back and forth with those inputs but thanks to your realization I got it to submit so... thanks for that.

As for how the process works, well this is my first attempt to get a waver and it's just to be able to shoot below 100ft in class E/surface airspace. My state has a massive amount of class E/surface airspace and for no reason I can see looking at the aeronautical charts, but it's there. I'm hoping that keeping it below 100ft I'll get it accepted, we'll see.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Good luck. I tried twice for a night flight wavier and shot down both times. They said I didn't provide enough info. If you don't address every concern they have listed to their satisfaction for the type of wavier your applying for you'll get denied , then you have to start over again. Each time taking about 30 days. I gave up because the event I wanted to film was over. Next year I'll start in the early fall and hopefully have it approved by next winter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49