Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Feinstein introduce bill dangerous to all UAS operators in US

Reaction score
I am forwarding this from a post on another site I am a member of. This is extremely important for all UAS operators in the US. Diane Feinstein is pushing a bill that will have a catastrophic affect on all US based UAS operators. Please share this with as many UAS sites or groups as possible. Strength in numbers is our ally

Forwarded text.

Sharpen your #2s, make sure your fountain pen has ink, find the email addresses of your Congress Critters, or even use Carrier Pigeons (oh wait, they're extinc...t. Never mind). I don't care how, but find a way to contact your Senators and Representative.

But in all seriousness, this is an industry killing bill. If Feinstein's bill is introduced and passed in with it's current language, it will KILL THIS INDUSTRY!!!

We have to put aside our petty differences, and band together to get this shut down, and shut down HARD!

We have some folks in DC who will try to get her to understand the consequences of this, but if that fails, I don't even want to think about that.

Read these and try and visualize two years from now if it comes to pass.

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/…/88CC2E3D7D090130DE655B22…

And the fact that the National Conference of State Legislatures is looking "forward to working with you" should make everyone here fear for their future.

http://www.ncsl.org/…/standcomm/scnri/Drone_Federalism_Act_…

Good luck guys & girls
If this passes you will be in the same boat we Canadians are in.
You better stop this before it goes any further.

Yeah, that doesn't sound good. In particular the part regarding gaining permission from private land holders. On the one hand I can understand it, on the other hand are the unforeseen consequences such as what If I'm on a mountain photographing a vista and publish it. Could I get sued because I hadn't gained permission from all of the private land owners whose property may appear in said photo? One problem we have in the US is being buried in legal cement preventing anything from getting done without a lot of cost and red tape. For most that would mean being able to do nothing. So much for land of the free...

Our US founding fathers did a great thing giving us the ability to create laws, unfortunately they didn't include a good mechanism for repealing them so what we tend to do is take the path of least resistance and make new laws to supersede previous laws, hence we are buried in legal cement.

I also dislike the verbiage around noise pollution. Give me a break. How is it that noise pollution doesn't seem to apply to motor cycles, cars, traffic, planes, urban environments, honking horns, and any other number of sources. So let me get this straight, the noise from a UAV was what did it, that proverbial straw that broke the camels back? Yeah right...

"Just a bunch of F er's trying to tell another bunch of F er's what to do." - George Carlin

I have to wonder who is really behind the curtain. Diane Feinstein is nowhere near smart enough to have constructed this bill, not even close considering her past performance. So here we are again, in battle against those we have hired to protect our freedoms. Just another ploy to separate us from our money. Is anyone backing her position? We need to know who those people are. I'm sure there must be a money trail to follow. This government has made a habit over the last 40 years of taking away our freedom to do the things we have always had and then "sell" it back to us for a (license) fee to gain revenues. This is BS and it is time for us to put OUR foot down on their necks. PLEASE contact your "representative" and be verbose along with your signature. Ok, I have to walk away now as my blood pressure is animating my veins! -M

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Someone needs to educate the Senate and Congress on the difference between RC aircraft and Autonomous Drones. I am so sick and tired of anything multiple rotors being classified as a drone while my none powered RC glider is not, even though it can do many of the same things as a multi-rotor, and cause just as much damage in an accident.
It is a shame that a few jerks will go out and do stupid things and ruin it for all of us.

Reactions: dochalidy
It must be too early in the morning for me.

What I see is a buffer zone of 200 feet around basically anything public or private. If I fly my unmanned aircraft 201 feet above someone's private property, I will be in compliance. Fly it at 199 feet I could be in trouble.

What is left out is any mention or distinction between hobby versus commercial operations.

What am I missing?

I guess I may have to print it and get out my magnifying glass and markers.

I personally have a lot of respect and trust for members of Congress...:p

This particular proposal will likely not go far, but is indicative of the hue and cry to protect the public.

At least one thing in the proposal is likely unconstitutional: the 200 foot part, in my opinion.

The 200' part severely infringes on the FAA's airspace authority, and grants airspace ownership to private individuals in an amount well in excess of that provided in the 1946 Supreme Court case. All airspace is of federal jurisdiction, not state. All of it.

In any event, this demands some state legislator contact.

Remember it is still in the BILL format, it hasn't gone through any committees or finance considerations. All of this has to be done, with research to see if it is a viable BILL.

I have and will continue to address my Congressman and Senators about this silly piece of legislation. It comes from a NOT SO BRIGHT Senator from California (California, the land of fruits and nuts) that doesn't know what a Drone or Multi-Rotor is.

I look for it to DIE in committee before it gets any oxygen to breath!

Make sure to call your congressclown.. it counts for more in their inept metrics, let them know that not only will you not vote for them but you will actively campaign against them with all your friends.
The clownprincess Diane FinkStink is such a colossal failure even California is embarrassed about her.. sadly her lemming like supporters haven't found a cliff yet.

Call your congressclown.... otherwise they will make more bad jokes.

The worst thing about political jokes? They get (re)elected.
DF is a great poster child for the term limits argument.

The worst thing about political jokes? They get (re)elected.
DF is a great poster child for the term limits argument.
She's also a great argument for birth control, abortion (although when I look at her, I wonder if someone made an attempt)...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22