Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

first drone flight salton sea yacht club would like some feedback

Great location! The video was only short but you could do with a little bit of editing of shots together in post. What I mean by that is view your whole video and put in the best bits. I'd head for 10 second of each particular shot, after that viewers tend to get a bit bored. Also, I'd have put in a bit of colour saturation, it looked a bit flat. I don't know what format you shot the video in but it looked like 1080. You should always shoot in 4k and if needs be, render down to 1080 in post. Otherwise, the video was great! I'm by no means an expert, it's just my opinion.

95% of your audience will not tolerate more than 1 minute 40 seconds. 10 seconds between picture to picture is stretching it. It must have a lot of detail. Watch commercials, and good quality video's to get a good understanding of how to.
You video needs to tell a story as if your telling a story to your friends and family.
Is it boring, are they yawning?
Choice of music is very important also, does it fit the story?
I watched your video; sorry I could only handle 15 seconds.
You will get better, learn from the best in the industry, not the average.

Reactions: Ren57
Great location! The video was only short but you could do with a little bit of editing of shots together in post. What I mean by that is view your whole video and put in the best bits. I'd head for 10 second of each particular shot, after that viewers tend to get a bit bored. Also, I'd have put in a bit of colour saturation, it looked a bit flat. I don't know what format you shot the video in but it looked like 1080. You should always shoot in 4k and if needs be, render down to 1080 in post. Otherwise, the video was great! I'm by no means an expert, it's just my opinion.
thank you for the feedback i will work on it

Thank you for posting. You might want to take a drive up Summit Pass. Just a few miles south of the yacht club. It's a canyon type road that goes north east and will take up to Interstate 10, very scenic to a North Easterner. There a lot of pull overs to park at and some interesting places fly in...Just my option Haven't been there in 5 years and was thinking of heading there next winter. Best regards. .

Thank you for posting. You might want to take a drive up Summit Pass. Just a few miles south of the yacht club. It's a canyon type road that goes north east and will take up to Interstate 10, very scenic to a North Easterner. There a lot of pull overs to park at and some interesting places fly in...Just my option Haven't been there in 5 years and was thinking of heading there next winter. Best regards. .
thanks i will check it out next time

Yep. Looked a bit washed out to me. It would have benefited from some vibrancy added and a bit of saturation to give the footage a warmer look (but important not to over do the saturation). As been mentioned above: break the video up into small segments of 5 to 10 second clips and avoid repetition unless your 'story' can benefit from repetition. Yaw shots should be avoided unless you think your story can use a panoramic sequence. Also, remember that the best shots are usually obtained closer to the ground: Just because you can go high doesn't mean you have to go high...some of my best videos have been shot at heights of less than 150 ft.

Beautiful location. As others have suggested, a bit more color would help, but don't overdo it. Short clips are best. I try to limit clips to about 4-5 seconds, unless there is a lot to see or the scene is changing. Which brings me to panning. Panning, especially rotating the whole aircraft rapidly creates too much blur or stuttering. Just edit those sections out of your video. Another thing, you'll get the best lighting on a sunny day by shooting at 90-deg to the sun. This create nice shadows. Oh yes, shoot in 4K with a high quality (fast) microSD card in the camera. Your result will be better, even if you are compelled to edit down to 1080. I don't want to see scenery videos shot below 1080. I like how you shot at an angle to the direction of travel as opposed to straight ahead. That gives the viewer a lovely 3D effect.

Beautiful location. As others have suggested, a bit more color would help, but don't overdo it. Short clips are best. I try to limit clips to about 4-5 seconds, unless there is a lot to see or the scene is changing. Which brings me to panning. Panning, especially rotating the whole aircraft rapidly creates too much blur or stuttering. Just edit those sections out of your video. Another thing, you'll get the best lighting on a sunny day by shooting at 90-deg to the sun. This create nice shadows. Oh yes, shoot in 4K with a high quality (fast) microSD card in the camera. Your result will be better, even if you are compelled to edit down to 1080. I don't want to see scenery videos shot below 1080. I like how you shot at an angle to the direction of travel as opposed to straight ahead. That gives the viewer a lovely 3D effect.
thank you for your input

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro