Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying Straight

Reaction score
I cant get my H to fly a straight line...its not hardcore messed up but if i want to fly a strip of road my H will drift slightly side to side making a straight line video look stupid...and yes calibrated updated etc etc it is at a low speed but if i speed up the flight same issue...

I cant get my H to fly a straight line...its not hardcore messed up but if i want to fly a strip of road my H will drift slightly side to side making a straight line video look stupid...and yes calibrated updated etc etc it is at a low speed but if i speed up the flight same issue...

I have experienced a similar problem recently but got it to go away by going back over some basics. I admittedly got lazier on starting up and flying and stopped setting up right. I recently acquired the basic backpack that fits the original packaging and foam from the box. This now gives me the lid as a flat spot that I can level out with whatever is at hand in the field and my torpedo level is back in action. I bought one of those glorified sunshades that's a launch pad that's very portable and not subject to backwash movement.
So my last flight (yesterday morning) I took the time to set all that up and initialize all level then started a compass calibration. I now face north and flip slowly and stay level and always end a flip stopped level and rotate to next point level. What a difference this made in stability in flight. I had zero drift and got some incredible shots and got what I wanted. For those dissatisfied with stick behavior, I believe full turtle inhibits to much and a slight bump towards rabbit gives back yaw control smoothly. I stopped getting concerned on the "jerky" behavior upon some stick input as it never shows up in the video.

I for one am very happy to learn every aspect of this machine including mastering the camera as it's providing the results I'm trying to achieve. Now that I set my own camera parameters and understand how to start thanks to Captain Drone tutorials on the camera, I'm very satisfied with the 4K capabilities of the CGO3+. The pilots here who take their time are posting incredible work and since beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it's all subjective anyway and newer cameras wont change that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have experienced a similar problem recently but got it to go away by going back over some basics. I admittedly got lazier on starting up and flying and stopped setting up right. I recently acquired the basic backpack that fits the original packaging and foam from the box. This now gives me the lid as a flat spot that I can level out with whatever is at hand in the field and my torpedo level is back in action. I bought one of those glorified sunshades that's a launch pad that's very portable and not subject to backwash movement.
So my last flight (yesterday morning) I took the time to set all that up and initialize all level then started a compass calibration. I now face north and flip slowly and stay level and always end a flip stopped level and rotate to next point level. What a difference this made in stability in flight. I had zero drift and got some incredible shots and got what I wanted. For those dissatisfied with stick behavior, I believe full turtle inhibits to much and a slight bump towards rabbit gives back yaw control smoothly. I stopped getting concerned on the "jerky" behavior upon some stick input as it never shows up in the video.

I for one am very happy to learn every aspect of this machine including mastering the camera as it's providing the results I'm trying to achieve. Now that I set my own camera parameters and understand how to start thanks to Captain Drone tutorials on the camera, I'm very satisfied with the 4K capabilities of the CGO3+. The pilots here who take their time are posting incredible work and since beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it's all subjective anyway and newer cameras wont change that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
im sorry not sure i get with what youre doing with the level at the time of rotating during calabrating the compass

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy