Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Freewell filters for C23/E90

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Bright Day 4 pack filters from Freewell?

Freewell no longer makes anything for Yuneec products. I wonder if someone else will make filters for Yuneec products.

Love both my sets. I got lucky with mine for both my drones as they fit with no issues. If you find a set, I recommend getting them.

There are other manufacturers that make 39mm filters. They’re expensive and a bit tough to find, but if you’re willing to hunt and wait, you can assemble a set. Or, buy 39-40.5 step rings and buy 40.5mm filters. They’re more common and cheaper too. I already had 40.5mm filters, so I grabbed 6 step rings for my set. They weigh 8g, so just a small chunk of golf club tape offsets. No issues.

Last edited:
There are other manufacturers that make 39mm filters. They’re expensive and a bit tough to find, but if you’re willing to hunt and wait, you can assemble a set. Or, buy 39-40.5 step rings and buy 40.5mm filters. They’re more common and cheaper too. I already had 40.5mm filters, so I grabbed 6 step rings for my set. They weigh 8g, so just a small chunk of golf club tape offsets. No issues.

Just to make it clear to all... you cannot use 39mm filters, because the C23 lens is male threaded... you have to use the 39mm → 40.5mm adapter ring.

Eagle is right on. If I did not already have a set of Freewell filters, I would use the supplied 40.5 mm step up adapter, and use conventional filters. I saw a filter set for under 20 bucks on Amazon that includes and ND 2, 4 and 8 then I would find a single ND 16 which can be found for around the same price. I think the most used filters would be an ND 4, 8 and 16.

If the C23 gimbal had any issues with balance, golf tape or similar could be used to bring the camera back into balance.

Reactions: Phaedrus
Just to make it clear to all... you cannot use 39mm filters, because the C23 lens is male threaded... you have to use the 39mm → 40.5mm adapter ring.

Yeah, you’re right! I didn’t even catch that. I just ordered extra rings and didn’t pay attention to it.

Eagle is right on. If I did not already have a set of Freewell filters, I would use the supplied 40.5 mm step up adapter, and use conventional filters. I saw a filter set for under 20 bucks on Amazon that includes and ND 2, 4 and 8 then I would find a single ND 16 which can be found for around the same price. I think the most used filters would be an ND 4, 8 and 16.

If the C23 gimbal had any issues with balance, golf tape or similar could be used to bring the camera back into balance.

Exactly what I did.

I bought these:

Then I used 2 small pieces of golf club balancing tape to rebalance the camera. Not had any issues at all.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Exactly what I did.

I bought these:

Then I used 2 small pieces of golf club balancing tape to rebalance the camera. Not had any issues at all.
I have that same filter set. I originally used golf club lead tape to balance the camera, but it buzzed and jerked pretty bad. I took the tape off, and it works great. I just can't throw the hammer down with the polarizing filter on. Doesn't like that.

I've had no issues with the tape. It also seemed to work fine without the tape. It just makes sense to me that having balanced means the motors are not working to keep it level. But I have seen others report the same thing as you, so go figure!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro