Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

From DroneClone

Reaction score
This is from DroneClone. He lost a good friend.

A lot of you know Dragonflyerthom and some may not. His real name was Thomas Francis. Over the coarse of the last year Thom and I became the best of friends! We met on YuneecPilots Forum about three months before the Typhoon H came out and as we waited and waited for it's arrival, we became better and better friends. Private messaging each other and texting and calling each other daily over the coarse of the last year.
Thom even drove out from Arkansas to spend two days with my son and I in East Texas with his two dogs Chuck and Blazer, and of coarse his loved Typhoon H and Autel XStar, We had a blast and got to know each other even better.
As an Old Fart, I don't get many chances to meet "Good" friends, and Thom was one of a kind, gentle, quite and calm! He was a true friend, as a man rarely finds!
Thom and I every single day spoke or texted each other and I felt quite odd, when 10 days ago, I didn't get a text or call, then two days, then three. I called and texted, but no answer, no text or call back and after a week I became very worried and concerned, I prayed he was alright, But felt helpless not being able to reach out to him!

This evening at 5:00 PM, I received a call from a sad and quite woman who said she had accidentally turned Thoms phone on and saw dozens of phone calls and text messages from someone called Brent(me) or As some of you know me "DroneClone" So she read them and told me that she could sense how worried and distraught I was, and was compelled to call me and inform me that my good friend Thom, has passed away unexpectedly last Friday.

I am at a loss, but I wanted all my friends and "His" friends on my old forum here to know about the passing of a Great Friend, and a Great Man! I will miss him so dearly !
May God rest him in peace in his Drone Heaven he loved so much!

So long my good friend !

Reactions: Typhoon Charlie
Sorry to hear about you loss Brent. True friends are far and few in between. I also am an old fart and have many acquaintances, but only a few true friends.
Thanks for passing this along Billy.

Reactions: BillyTexas
This is from DroneClone. He lost a good friend.

A lot of you know Dragonflyerthom and some may not. His real name was Thomas Francis. Over the coarse of the last year Thom and I became the best of friends! We met on YuneecPilots Forum about three months before the Typhoon H came out and as we waited and waited for it's arrival, we became better and better friends. Private messaging each other and texting and calling each other daily over the coarse of the last year.
Thom even drove out from Arkansas to spend two days with my son and I in East Texas with his two dogs Chuck and Blazer, and of coarse his loved Typhoon H and Autel XStar, We had a blast and got to know each other even better.
As an Old Fart, I don't get many chances to meet "Good" friends, and Thom was one of a kind, gentle, quite and calm! He was a true friend, as a man rarely finds!
Thom and I every single day spoke or texted each other and I felt quite odd, when 10 days ago, I didn't get a text or call, then two days, then three. I called and texted, but no answer, no text or call back and after a week I became very worried and concerned, I prayed he was alright, But felt helpless not being able to reach out to him!

This evening at 5:00 PM, I received a call from a sad and quite woman who said she had accidentally turned Thoms phone on and saw dozens of phone calls and text messages from someone called Brent(me) or As some of you know me "DroneClone" So she read them and told me that she could sense how worried and distraught I was, and was compelled to call me and inform me that my good friend Thom, has passed away unexpectedly last Friday.

I am at a loss, but I wanted all my friends and "His" friends on my old forum here to know about the passing of a Great Friend, and a Great Man! I will miss him so dearly !
May God rest him in peace in his Drone Heaven he loved so much!

So long my good friend !

So sorry to hear this Brent. But I'm happy you had time to build a relationship with him. I turn 45 next week and have been shocked by how many people I know my own age that have passed away. It's never easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BillyTexas
I remember him from the forum, and am sorry to hear that he's no longer with us.

Please be good to your loved ones whilst you can.

I remember him too. Ironically I was just thinking the other day that I've not seen him posting anything lately. I didn't know him other than on this forum but, nevertheless, a sad loss and a loss to our community.

God rest.

So sad, he'll be sorely missed. I enjoyed his company immensely. Thanks for posting DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal