Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Go Fund Me

I think Yuneec should should send the top 20 posters on this site an H+ to be able to give an honest and unbiased evaluation of the new aircraft and camera system. ;):cool:

It would be the best $40,000 advertising they would ever spend.
Yes. Brilliant!!!

It ain't gonna happen, though. :(

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
How about I just send you a pic of mine. It's in a lot of pieces on the table right now.

I cannot believe a professional like you could do something like that.
I'm so leery of the true altimeter reading on my st16 controller.
What was your height when it went into the trees ? Just curious
Keith Kuhn

I cannot believe a professional like you could do something like that.
I'm so leery of the true altimeter reading on my st16 controller.
What was your height when it went into the trees ? Just curious
Keith Kuhn

Keith,

Obviously not high enough to clear the trees, right? Actual height, let alone altimeter reading, not important. Altimeter would not have helped unless Steve knew the exact height of the trees.

All I’m saying, somewhat tongue in check, is VLOS at its best.

Jeff

[emoji41]

Reactions: thoneter
The real problem is that I think Mr Carr has an affinity for aceraceae

Reminds me of a customer of larger automated UAV’s that picked a practice area surrounded by tall trees. Very remote and secure location that worked well for the purpose. Only one problem, when they executed an automated missed approach the bird would nest in the trees. They didn’t know how tall the trees were but they were certainly taller than the missed approach profile[emoji848]

The reliance on an altimeter with an H for obstruction clearance is just plain silly. We are restricted to always flying visually, or what’s known in aviation parlance as VFR for visual flight rules. A VFR pilot doesn’t need an altimeter because they can always see what they need to avoid. If you can’t see the aircraft or gauge if it’s higher or lower than obstacles it should not have been put there. The only altitude number we should care about is 400’. Everything else is fluff.

The real problem is that I think Mr Carr has an affinity for aceraceae

I have an affinity for the sap rendered from such. It’s great on French toast, pancakes, and waffles. Yum:cool:

I have an affinity for the sap rendered from such. It’s great on French toast, pancakes, and waffles. Yum:cool:
What I want to know is how your mining that syrup with your drone!

What I want to know is how your mining that syrup with your drone!

Just aerial mapping and reconnaissance to determine the most efficient collection layout.

Just aerial mapping and reconnaissance to determine the most efficient collection layout.
Looks like Mr Carr is way ahead of us both. Maybe he's mining syrup and doing reconnaissance.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Actually I was flying VLOS and I was watching the bird not the screen. My depth perception is awful so I simply misjudged the distance.
Hey I'm completely trashing you and your not playing. Now your just taking the fun out of me harassing you!

Reactions: Steve Carr
I hate.......really hate..........pine sap. Once it gets on the H, it spreads faster than the swine flu. My hands spread it everywhere. The ST, the steering wheel, the seat belt and my sunglasses.

Um....er...ah, maybe......it's not nice to laugh at old guys who can't see well........must have been mechanical failure. Nobody can be that bad of a pilot. Right? Hello? Don't be rollin' your eyes like that...

Bet that was a helluva climb !!

Could be worse tho....... I er.......somebody I know managed to hit a lightpole at a football field......how the **** do you clip a lightpole in plain sight??

@Steve Carr "Actually I was flying VLOS and I was watching the bird not the screen. My depth perception is awful so I simply misjudged the distance".

giphy24.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterfantastic