Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

gopro editing software doesnt recognise the videos from the H

Depending on the type of Apple device you use, you may have to process the video. I have an iPhone 5S, which does not support 4K video, so I use Handbrake to batch process all my 4K video down to HD to make it easier to work with in Quik. Here's a link to Handbrake - HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder
I have an old mini ipad, I'm sure it doesn't support 4k, is Handbrake available on the ipad or does it need to be installed on the pc and transferred across to the tablet? would I be better off getting a new cheap android tablet?

Reactions: jazzman81
I have an old mini ipad, I'm sure it doesn't support 4k, is Handbrake available on the ipad or does it need to be installed on the pc and transferred across to the tablet? would I be better off getting a new cheap android tablet?
Handbrake is free and open source software and is for Linux/Windows/Mac. Below are detailed steps that should get you going

1. Download and install handbrake onto the computer you'll use to sync with your iPad via iTunes (HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder).

2. Dump all your drone video footage into one folder (ex. drone_video_footage)

3. Start Handbrake, if you're using the latest version, it's going to ask you for a source, select the "Folder (Batch Scan)" and select the folder you created in the previous step. It's going to scan the folder for available content, the scan duration will vary depending on how large and how many files you have in the folder. Be sure you separate video files from photo, because additional files will increase the scan time.

4. In order for batch processing to work, you'll need to set a few options. Select Tools >>> Preferences >>> Output Files. Ensure the "Automatically name output files" is checked. Select a output folder for the files in the Default Path box. I usually create a new folder in the source folder and I label it "iPhone Formatted". Give your formatted files a unique name in the file format box. There are three options for automatic file naming, {source}, {title}, and {chapters}. By default, it will be {source}-{title}. I usually use only {title} which adds sequenced numbers in the file name. You can play with the options as you get more familiar with Handbrake. Once you got your output options set, hit enter to exit out of the Preference window.
outputfile.jpg

5. Select a preset that meets your needs, or create a custom preset. I use a custom preset with an output of 1280x720 and MP4 Container (iPhone5S)
6. Select "Add to Queue >>> Add All"
7. Select "Start Encode" to start the batch process. This could take a while, depending on how many files and how large the files are.
8. Import the processed files into iTunes and then sync with your iPad. I'm assuming you know how to do this, if you need steps just let me know.
9. Open Quik on your iPad, and import the files that you just added via iTunes.

Quik has handled everything I've thrown at it, but it most def gets sluggish with numerous and/or large files. I've changed my shooting technique to accommodate Quik. I shoot short and precise video clips when I know I'm going to edit with Quik. Searching thru a lot of vid in Quik can be tedious. When working with a lot of videos in Quik, I usually add 2 or 3, edit them into a draft, then I add a 2 or 3 more, repeating this process until I've imported all the video into Quik. This helps reduce all the back and forth, and as your video gets longer, Quik gets more sluggish. In the recent months, I've switched over to using Filmoa because I needed a PC based editor, it's not exactly like Quik, but it's close enough. You can download and try Filmoa for free, or buy it for $60. If you produce a lot of videos, it's with $60. If not... stick with Quik. There's also Magisto, which is pretty close to Quik, but I didn't like the fact I couldn't control the edit points like I could in Quik. Magisto works on all platforms (iOS, Android, Mac, Windows), and I recommend you give Magisto a try too. I hope this is helpful, if you have any more questions send them my way.

I have an overclocked i7 Desktop PC.
I use Cyberlink poweredirector now after having so much trouble with Go Pro studio.
It's not free. There are 3 or 4 flavours from basic to whistles and bells and like everything it's a big learning curve.
It works very well with CGO3+ footage and outputs in 4K
I'm very happy with it. Been using it for about 12 months now.

Jim

I have an overclocked i7 Desktop PC.
I use Cyberlink poweredirector now after having so much trouble with Go Pro studio.
It's not free. There are 3 or 4 flavours from basic to whistles and bells and like everything it's a big learning curve.
It works very well with CGO3+ footage and outputs in 4K
I'm very happy with it. Been using it for about 12 months now.

Jim
I've used Power Director, it's ok, but it's lacking cool effects and transitions. Try Filmora and let me know what you think.

Hi jazzman.
If it's free i'll try it.

In the garden with my chainsaw at the moment but maybe look later.

Jim

QUOTE="Jim Davies, post: 88801, member: 2619"]Hi jazzman.
If it's free i'll try it.

In the garden with my chainsaw at the moment but maybe look later.

Jim[/QUOTE]
No texting and chainsawing :)

You can try Filmoa for free, if you like it, you can buy it for $60. If you produce a lot of videos, it's worth the $60. There are some limitations such as crappy playback while editing and the fact that I can't drag and drop audio/video from the main track to other tracks. But there's nothing that compares the Filmora's library of effects, transitions, and other add-ons. There's also Magisto which is also free to try. Let me know hot they work for ya... if you have questions on how they work, give me a holla :)

True, but it would seem sensible to upgrade processing software when buying a different brand of camera later.

GoPro cameras don't use a proprietary video format, so nobody is forced into using their software now or in the future. The same applies with any other action or drone camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop