Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. Lotatoys

So I've searched the forums but haven't found an answer to this question: Does the Typhoon H camera gimbal mount use 2 or 4 rubber mounts? I ask because I just noticed yesterday after some flying that mine only has 2 rubber grommets with pins, in opposite corners of the mount. My Q500 has 4 grommets and I assumed the H would as well. I've only flown a few times and have never found any parts in the packaging/foam case or anywhere else so I sure they didn't fall out.
    I'm about to call Yuneec to find out but wanted to ask here in the forums first. Thanks in advance...
    Gary

2. charliehorse

AFAIK this is normal. Mine is the same. Can someone confirm.

3. PRnNJs FINEST

The Typhoon only has two as you state. It is perfectly fine.

4. Lotatoys

That seems odd. There are 4 mounting holes and the replacement kit consists of all four grommets with pins: Mount Set: Yuneec Typhoon H CGO3+
    I'd feel better having four mounts securing the camera/gimbal.

5. Lotatoys

So...just to be sure, I sent an email to Yuneec Customer Support and explained my concern that my H only came with two mounts. I received this reply today:
    "Please send us the following: Name, Phone Number, Shipping Address, Email Address, Proof of Purchase, Model, and Serial Number (located on the bottom of your drone and starts with "YU." Please let us know if you have any questions. When you supply the required information we will order you a replacement set of rubber dampers."
    I suppose the number of dampers sent in the replacement set will answer the question (2 or 4). Reply with requested information sent!

6. charliehorse

Were there only two rubber mounts or four and only two with plastic pins?

7. Lotatoys

Two rubber mounts with pins, two rubber mounts without pins. I apologize for the misinformation earlier. I just removed the Camera/Gimbal to have a closer look and saw the two rubber mounts that do not have pins.

8. JCFlippen

We all have only two retaining pins on our H machines. A zip tie on each of the others seems the way many have gone if worried.

9. charliehorse

10. Mojoe35

I clicked on the referenced Mount Set above and when it opened that site, it showed what comes in the box including the gimbal mount. It only has two pins and four rubber grommets. So apparently Yuneec feels that only two pins are needed.
    Where's me zip ties? ;-)

11. Air Pauly

just noticed this on mine - had the 2 diagonal rubber mounts with the pins OK, one of the other 2 diagonal ones was completely out and that corner of the gimbal was flapping about lower than the rest and it was not happy at staying in once I put it back in

12. MikeUK86

Whilst flying my Typhoon H on bonfire night I noticed that one of the screw caps had come off my mount.
    I have just called UK Support and they advised that they dont sell these parts separately, Id have to buy a top plate.
    He said that small cable ties would be a better solution for holding these in.
    Ill try it today and let you know!

Attached Files:

13. PatR

This is such an easy fix. Small cable ties or thin string have been used as vibration ball mount safety devices since this type of mount came into existence. When working with a suspension mount you have to employ a safety if you tend to land hard or crash. The root cause of separation is most always found with the owner in rough handling or poor operational practices. They don't normally just fall out of the mount unless the camera is too heavy for the mount. Ours is not. The fix is an easy one, one that is rarely needed once people learn how to handle their aircraft and associated components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Air Pauly

noticed mine before 1st flight so must have come in like it during transit and just noticed it hanging down further at one corner, but noticed they use a very soft rubber mount compared to the phantoms which seem a little stiffer

15. PatR

Rubber compositions are determined by what a system requires. Different camera, gimbal combinations require different rubber densities, then toss in differences necessary due to other equipment differences. Essentially, the damper used for a Phantom would probably not function well on an H. One size does not fit all so to speak. There are several densities made for small Tarot gimbals for this reason.

As for receiving one detached, consider it may not have been assembled correctly to begin with. This has happened sat least once that I'm aware of. Alternatively, extremely rough handling during shipping can cause it. If you have ever been inside a UPS shipping hub and seen how they handle packages, or watched how a UPS driver tosses boxes around inside their trucks, you would understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 PatR, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016