Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H, H pro and H plus

Agree with Dr Delta, but i have to add that you can buy the Pro without Realsense ,like i did.
The Pro contains in the package
Typhoon H, st16 controller, 2 batteries, 1 Wizard remote, 4 extra props and charger, all included in a nice backpack.

The H was the standard hex. The “Pro” was Yuneec marketing packages of the H that confused a lot of people.

As @Dr Delta says the H Plus is a new hex that is the evolution of the original H. It borrows design features of the H 520 commercially oriented hex.

the H is the Typhoon 480. H PRO is a 480 commonly sold with realsense obstacle avoidance system. The H PLUS is a different type of drone, it is bigger (520) and uses other more modern hardware and software.

So the H + is bigger in size? That would mean it won’t fit in the same case&foam as a the H pro?

The differences have been summed up above pretty well. In regards to size I would add; the bodies of the 480, 480 Pro and H Plus are Identical in size. The difference in the Plus in terms of size is that it has larger more powerful motors. This necessitates larger propellers to harness the extra power which; necessitates more distance for clearance which is achieved through longer motor arms to the diameter of 520 mm. Side by side the larger size is not noticeable. The box the Plus comes in is exactly the same size as the 480. One other physical difference is that the Plus is a lighter shade of grey and in the sun looks silver while the darker 480 which looks more like a dark grey.

And in terms of everything else I would say - the only thing the previous 480 and the new Plus share, or have in common is; where they are made - it is a different machine altogether.;)

Measure the models diagonally, spanning the body from motor center to motor center. H, H-480, and H Pro are 480mm, the Plus is 520mm. The difference between H and H Pro lies in the RealSense module and having a an extra external antenna on the Pro's ST-16. H Plus uses an ST 16 controller that's visually the same but like the H Plus aircraft, is loaded with a completely different flight control system. H-480's and the Plus employ cameras and gimbals that cannot be swapped between them at this time. The H Plus camera is much better than H-480/H Pro. The various Typhoon H (480) model names describe the same basic aircraft. internally they are all the same, performance wise they are all the same, software wise they are all the same. Only RealSense makes a distinction between them, and the extra external antenna on the ST-16. Confusing that a little more is that Yuneec has shipped H Pro st-16's with H standard kit packages. No matter, they all perform the same.

Hopefully the guy that bought an H "Pro" without RealSense didn't pay an H Pro price. The money difference between H and Pro is all for the RealSense. Without RealSense the machine is a basic, standard, everyday Typhoon H.

Reactions: Montage One
From the Yuneec website. Keep in mind that nothing keeps pilots from painting or adding "skins" to their aircraft. These are the way they look when they leave from the factory.

Typhoon H with RealSense module
typh-h-prodfot_Basis_0011-69b2dae6.png

Typhoon H Plus with RealSense
breathtaking.png

Typhoon H 520

homepage-carousel-slide1.jpg

Measure the models diagonally, spanning the body from motor center to motor center. H, H-480, and H Pro are 480mm, the Plus is 520mm. The difference between H and H Pro lies in the RealSense module and having a an extra external antenna on the Pro's ST-16. H Plus uses an ST 16 controller that's visually the same but like the H Plus aircraft, is loaded with a completely different flight control system. H-480's and the Plus employ cameras and gimbals that cannot be swapped between them at this time. The H Plus camera is much better than H-480/H Pro. The various Typhoon H (480) model names describe the same basic aircraft. internally they are all the same, performance wise they are all the same, software wise they are all the same. Only RealSense makes a distinction between them, and the extra external antenna on the ST-16. Confusing that a little more is that Yuneec has shipped H Pro st-16's with H standard kit packages. No matter, they all perform the same.

Hopefully the guy that bought an H "Pro" without RealSense didn't pay an H Pro price. The money difference between H and Pro is all for the RealSense. Without RealSense the machine is a basic, standard, everyday Typhoon H.

The "guy" would say that the Pro stands for the package.There is the 480 with or without Realsense.Also there is 480Pro with or without Realsense.
My 480 came without Realsense but with the third antenna on the controller.
Also the st16 that came with has a lot more brighter screen than the 2 antenna controller that my buddie has.
And yes i paid for a Pro price.

The Typhoon Plus and Typhoon 520 are in a totally other world from autopilot hardware and software view. They use Pix4 (based)flight controllers. When ,or if Yuneecs decides to give the full unlocked SDK's ,these 2 copters gonna be by far the most capable RTF drones in the market.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49