Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 Motor Failure

Yes, I managed to get the flight data off of the aircraft, though not off of the controller. It is at the below link if you want to see.
Flight Review

Cheers Logan for the update.

But I only have the ST left as the 520 dropped into the sea from about 160 feet and after searching for it for 10 hours, doing both paddle boarding and snorkelling didn't get it back. There is no log of the flight but it has the video recorded on it.

Most failures on a new aircraft happen in the first 60 minutes of operation. And failures happen with all aircraft regardless of the make, model or cost.

Anything made by the hand. of man can and will fail at some point I guess.

Reactions: Skyml
I'm hoping so to at this point[emoji16][emoji16]
Hi Iris. Are you in Northern Ireland? When and where did this happen. I feel gutted for you now, that's terrible. I'm just outside Belfast. Newtownabbey, might be able to help get the logs of the ST16S

Reactions: IRIS
Hi Iris. Are you in Northern Ireland? When and where did this happen. I feel gutted for you now, that's terrible. I'm just outside Belfast. Newtownabbey, might be able to help get the logs of the ST16S

Hi R
I'm based in Islandmagee so just up the coast from you, if you PM me I can call up in the next couple of days as I have to send the ST over to London.
It taking a nice swim in Brows Bay as we speak

Cheers Jamie

Hi R
I'm based in Islandmagee so just up the cost from you, if you PM me I can call up in the next couple of days as I have to send the ST over to London.
It taking a nice swim in Brows Bay as we speak

Cheers Jamie
Ah. Jamie. Thought your name was Iris. Lol. Ok. I'm not usually on these forums. A friend had told me about the post. I have the 520 here also. That terrible. If I can help at all mate. Let me know. Im on Facebook if its easier to talk there. These threads can go on forever and I get lost. Lol

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Pure speculation on my part, but the problem is often the ESC rather than the motor.

I've been having a motor 5 failure since Oct 3rd. Just replaced the H520 main board (all ESC's are on a single board) and motor 5 still failed. Pulled the motor and found no abnormlies. Moved it to another position to only confirm it is the motor.

The only thing I haven't done is disassemble the actual motor, but there is no binding or debris and when it runs there is no abnormal heat. No bad wires that I could find or loose or dirty connectors either.

I've been having a motor 5 failure since Oct 3rd. Just replaced the H520 main board (all ESC's are on a single board) and motor 5 still failed. Pulled the motor and found no abnormlies. Moved it to another position to only confirm it is the motor.
The only thing I haven't done is disassemble the actual motor, but there is no binding or debris and when it runs there is no abnormal heat. No bad wires that I could find or loose or dirty connectors either.
Interesting. Were you able to confirm the motor actually shut down or do you think it was a faulty warning?

Interesting. Were you able to confirm the motor actually shut down or do you think it was a faulty warning?
The motor failure is Intermittent but both, by swapping the main board and then later moving it, I can confirm that it's the motor and not something else. Most fault indicators don't show until after 25 min of flight or just into a second battery. But I can visibly see the motor skip or stop.

Just passing on my experience, I too thought it was an ESC issue.

I would guess that is very unusual for a motor. Very good troubleshooting on your part. Seems this should have been covered by warranty. Did you talk to Yuneec?

I would guess that is very unusual for a motor. Very good troubleshooting on your part. Seems this should have been covered by warranty. Did you talk to Yuneec?
Thanks. Yes, unusual. I found it odd that the original poster in this thread is having motor issues with his H520 motor #5.
Yes, Yuneec is aware and working with this issue.

Thanks. Yes, unusual. I found it odd that the original poster in this thread is having motor issues with his H520 motor #5.
Yes, Yuneec is aware and working with this issue.
Right. Same motor and also no fault until the second battery. Related or coincidence? Hope we learn more from this.

I saw a video of an engine failure and remembered what you said here.

The #5 engine is the same one that fails in the video? Do you know anything new on the subject?

I saw a video of an engine failure and remembered what you said here.

The #5 engine is the same one that fails in the video? Do you know anything new on the subject?

Nothing big. Just had a bad motor. Easy replacement and back in the air.

Nothing big. Just had a bad motor. Easy replacement and back in the air.

So it's not some software as discussed? Bad luck and a bad engine?

Counting from the right is the fifth engine in the video as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder