Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Has anyone tried a wifi repeater with Breeze

Reaction score
With some wifi scare stories out there.. Has anyone tried using a wifi repeater to beef up wifi signal?

Also. I assume to use a repeater it would have to be with phone only . Unless the Bluetooth to controller hookup allows for repeater with controller ??

Thanks

I don't understand. I don't want this to be a contentious post, but I don't get it. This post will go against many here but flying the breeze, or any other drone, for distances of, lets say, over 1/2 mile, makes no sense to me. What's the purpose? There already is what could be called a public outcry on drones flying around "spying on people" so doesn't keeping a drone within sight makes some sense. Aren't pilots just asking for trouble trying to fly a selfie drone, with no collision avoidance sensors, out of sight? Flight times are limited preventing flying more than about 6 minutes in one direction - as the drone needs to get back too. Flying by camera only (FPV) is crazy - in my opinion. You are very limited to what you can see and what's around you. Crashing likelihood must be greater when breaking the geo-fence barrier. When drones crash and cause damage, is just another excuse to put in place more NFZ's. Isn't DJI a better built - with more sensors - with Lightbridge (as I recall is the name) instead of WiFi, a safer way to go if this is the goal? Look at so many posts already basically saying, "my drone does not work right" - and this is a broad umbrella for any reason why something is wrong.

For those technically capable and good enough pilots, knock yourself out - I'm sure it's a fun challenge, but opening the potential for the other 90% of the sport-flyers is just crazy in my book. We are asking for trouble by extending the range of the Breeze. OK fire away!

Reactions: vader and CzarMark
I don't understand. I don't want this to be a contentious post, but I don't get it. This post will go against many here but flying the breeze, or any other drone, for distances of, lets say, over 1/2 mile, makes no sense to me. What's the purpose? There already is what could be called a public outcry on drones flying around "spying on people" so doesn't keeping a drone within sight makes some sense. Aren't pilots just asking for trouble trying to fly a selfie drone, with no collision avoidance sensors, out of sight? Flight times are limited preventing flying more than about 6 minutes in one direction - as the drone needs to get back too. Flying by camera only (FPV) is crazy - in my opinion. You are very limited to what you can see and what's around you. Crashing likelihood must be greater when breaking the geo-fence barrier. When drones crash and cause damage, is just another excuse to put in place more NFZ's. Isn't DJI a better built - with more sensors - with Lightbridge (as I recall is the name) instead of WiFi, a safer way to go if this is the goal? Look at so many posts already basically saying, "my drone does not work right" - and this is a broad umbrella for any reason why something is wrong.

For those technically capable and good enough pilots, knock yourself out - I'm sure it's a fun challenge, but opening the potential for the other 90% of the sport-flyers is just crazy in my book. We are asking for trouble by extending the range of the Breeze. OK fire away!

Not sure you "understood" my question .. Let me rephrase . Given that Yuneec has sliced the price of the Breeze. .got to be a reason.. Just guessing that the large number of complaints about Breeze losing wifi.. And flying off or simply not being able to connect at all.... Might have something to do with Yuneec giving up on the Breeze.. Which I "" assume"" is the case..

Is it true that if Breeze loses wifi it does not return to starting spot??

The new $150 price seems attractive for a "pocket.. Big pocket" quad with a Yuneec pedigree But.. even at $150 and it has wifi problems.. Maybe not a BUY.. Right.

BUT... If a repeater( $15) cures all wifi issues.. Then it might be a steal..

Sorry if you decided that using a repeater would make someone an outlaw with no pilot skills.. Please forgive me..

FYI.. I do have DJI that will reportedly fly for several miles . I am not risking mine however.. To find out.. Be Well

Interesting, your thought is that the Breeze will lose wifi (at some point)? and if so, it will fly off? I think if a loss of wifi should occur the Breeze hovers for 30s seconds or so, then initiates it's own RTH - is this not the case? I have talked to Yuneec about the pre-programmed Task modes, and the GPS is under control when this happens. GPS guidance is takes control of the flight.

Yes, of course, I thought, "Sorry if you decided that using a repeater would make someone an outlaw with no pilot skills.. Please forgive me.. " - you are forgiven. Perhaps others that actually understand the post can comment on what flying at long distances accomplishes - other than the potential for a crash - as the Breeze is not a DJI product with many sensors.

As long as the Breeze is being flown with GPS enabled a loss of WiFi will initiate a RTH to the takeoff point. The use of a range extender for strengthening the WiFi signal for a better video feed and reducing response lag works well out to the normal geofence limits.

There has been some testing beyond the geofence with some success, but requires landing just before the geofence and taking off again. Obstacles or hilly terrain can easily render that method unusable. I use the ZyXEL WRE6606 with my Breeze because I fly over water a lot and losing WiFi sync over water is not a pleasant experience.

Ok, as my application will be flying over water so I suppose I should try the ZyXEL WRE6606. I have done testing over water and have not seen issues but I don’t go out more than 200’. Thanks.

Is your video feed choppy or do the controls get laggy at that distance Scott? If not then you may not have any troubles just using the phone. The right stick usually isn’t too bad for me, but yaw movements on the left get laggy after about 200 feet. The video feed with just the phone is really laggy and choppy past 200 feet unless I use the extender.

I’m trying to shoot fairly smooth video when I fly and the lag makes it difficult when using just the phone.

You may recall when I started playing with the Breeze my phone case was rubber with a metal outer cover snapping over the rubber. This caused issues with video braking up. I removed the metal outer shell, keeping the rubber case on the phone, and I have not seen issues since. Also I don’t normally fly out more than 200’. Sometimes I go but the breeze is pretty small at that distance do it gets uncomfortable for me.

Are you using the video from the phone or the internal breeze memory? I would think internal Breeze memory video would be solid even if the link to your phone was delayed or braking up. Not true?

95% of the time I’m using the controller not just the phone.

I use the video from the internal memory, but keep an eye on the video feed to keep subject framed (waterfowl, gators, etc).

I’ll get some up on Google Drive.

Not sure you "understood" my question .. Let me rephrase . Given that Yuneec has sliced the price of the Breeze. .got to be a reason.. Just guessing that the large number of complaints about Breeze losing wifi.. And flying off or simply not being able to connect at all.... Might have something to do with Yuneec giving up on the Breeze.. Which I "" assume"" is the case..

Is it true that if Breeze loses wifi it does not return to starting spot??

The new $150 price seems attractive for a "pocket.. Big pocket" quad with a Yuneec pedigree But.. even at $150 and it has wifi problems.. Maybe not a BUY.. Right.

BUT... If a repeater( $15) cures all wifi issues.. Then it might be a steal..

Sorry if you decided that using a repeater would make someone an outlaw with no pilot skills.. Please forgive me..

FYI.. I do have DJI that will reportedly fly for several miles . I am not risking mine however.. To find out.. Be Well

I have not had a problem. Once I lost the WiFi and it came right back.

I have a breeze and have yet to pick it up with any device ..... Does the WiFi amplifier work with portible power supply and if so for how long

I have a breeze and have yet to pick it up with any device ..... Does the WiFi amplifier work with portible power supply and if so for how long

What devices have you tried using? Are they 802.11ac compliant (5.8GHz band)? You can even use a PC or Mac to connect to the WiFi, but they can’t be used to fly it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook