Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Several people have had good experiences with the Comfast CF-WR371AC and the ZyXEL WRE6606. Both can be powered from a USB power brick.

I just seen a few reports on the comfast...i think ill order that one ...i just want smooth feed to the geo fence .....but 1 more thing i wanted to ask i noticed on a yt vid and i dunno if this a version of the app different or maybe a version on the breeze drone itself different but my geofence and motion speed way smaller and slower than his

Open BreezeCam, press the burger, go to drone settings, then adjust speed and geofence to your liking.

Reactions: Pansyloopsfinest
I like your setup. One thing I've noticed with the extender I use is that the signal between the Breeze and the extender is great, but the signal between the extender and phone/tablet is more limited. I had a crash not long ago when I found that out. I was flying at a park and then decided to walk away and film along a stream, completely forgetting that I was also walking away from the extender. Tablet lost connection and the Breeze sat hovering over the stream until RTH kicked in. Thankfully it was over land when it hit some tree branches and crashed to the ground rather than taking a swim in the creek.
I like wat you said about the comfast that ik works great but not that your breeze took of. Hoop you do not have any damage and keep the extender near the smartphone.:)

Thanks for fast reply ....what device would u refer for best mobile (usb powered) range extender ...for this application with the breeze 4k

I tried to stay away from the type you pictured, because the chinglish descriptions weren't usually clear enough to figure out if was just an adapter or a range extender. I saw one that was listed as dual band when it really was only a 2.4 with dual antennas.

I looked long and hard before I picked the ZyXEL, knowing it was not the most compact unit, but one that I would likely have success with.

Check out youtuber quadcopter 101. He has tried a couple of the usb stick type extenders. I definitely like the size.

Reactions: Akeldama
Thanks TStover.

Just a word of caution to everyone!

There are a lot of these smaller extenders that use USB power that do not support the 5.8GHz band needed for the Breeze. Most other drone manufacturers use the 2.4GHz band.

If you find one you like, be sure to look at the tech specs for it to be sure it supports 802.11ac.

Reactions: Akeldama
Thanks TStover.

There are a lot of these smaller extenders that use USB power that do not support the 5.8GHz band needed for the Breeze. Most other drone manufacturers use the 2.4GHz band.

If you find one you like, be sure to look at the tech specs for it to be sure it supports 802.11ac.
Is there a difference between an adapter and a repeater? Some people are suggesting adapters like this one: COMFAST CF 926AC usb wifi adapter 1200m 2.4Ghz + 5.8Ghz Dual Band wi fi dongle Card 802.11ac/b/g/n wireless adapter antenna 6db -in Network Cards from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I would try PMing the person claiming success with it, and get particulars on the setup they used. That model may have a repeater mode as an option in setup.

Yes there is a difference between an adapter and a repeater/extender. An adapter is used to connect wirelessly with an AP or access point such as a router. Your phone/pad has a built in adapter to facilitate wireless connectivity. A repeater/extender allows wireless connectivity in both directions. It takes the signal from the AP (in our case the Breeze) and relays it to the phone/pad and vice versa. The extender usually has a higher power level for transmission than the phone/pad which allows stronger signal when flying the Breeze out to the geofences.

Last edited:
Thanks TStover.

Thanks for adding that, very true. You'll want a dual band, and make sure you read the specs very carefully. I have seen one that claims dual band, but in reality it is a dual antenna 2.4 extender. The one I eventually chose did not list "usb powered" in the description, I found that info in a video on the manufacturers website. Do your research and choose wisely.

Yesterday I ordered exactly this device at aliexpress. When it has arrived I will report back. From my understanding the CF 926AC can act as an AP, therefore it should incorporate an operating mode as a repeater.

Yesterday I ordered exactly this device at aliexpress. When it has arrived I will report back. From my understanding the CF 926AC can act as an AP, therefore it should incorporate an operating mode as a repeater.
You ordered the wrong one it should have been with wifi extender. You where looking at the price and not reading wat it can do, should be with wifi extender with 5.8ghz.!!

Last edited:
Just ordered this, I believe this is the extender tstover is using and recommended can anyone confirm? Also while I don’t plan on using this to give me past geo fence distance as he has shown is possible, I can not wait to get the ability to reach geofence with full and uninterrupted video stream connectivity and take full advantage of this awesome little drone!

Attachments

• 593987EC-270C-4904-AD03-4B13050E20E1.png
    593987EC-270C-4904-AD03-4B13050E20E1.png
    824.6 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: Pansyloopsfinest
You ordered the wrong one it should have been with wifi extender. You where looking at the price and not reading wat it can do, should be with wifi extender with 5.8ghz.!!
What do you mean "with wifi extender"? Its 5.8ghz and its the exact one you suggested. Instead of "repeater" however it says its an adapter so we'll have to see how well it works.

Yes please report back.

Just ordered this, I believe this is the extender tstover is using and recommended can anyone confirm? Also while I don’t plan on using this to give me past geo fence distance as he has shown is possible, I can not wait to get the ability to reach geofence with full and uninterrupted video stream connectivity and take full advantage of this awesome little drone!

That is the same device, I bought one myself. Do another search on Amazon we paid about $30 for ours with free shipping. There are other sellers on Amazon with the same product.

Reactions: Wildcarddavee

That is the exact one I ordered, but they have raised the price!

Reactions: Wildcarddavee
To be totally honest, it is not a repeater. A repeater would be located some distance from the transceiver(Controller System radio) receive the signal, amplify it and re broadcast on a different frequency to the receiver.(Duplex mode)
Simplex mode would not work in the system of this nature.
The way this system is working what you have is a linear amplifier with receive boost.
If the "Repeater" was 500 feet away then it would qualify.

I apologize I am a ham radio operator and my definition of repeater is different from this instance.

Last edited:
I understand what you're saying. before retiring, the plant were I was working was looking for new radios for the operators. the company that was to supply the radios explained loosely what a repeater did...

I've added Netis WF2710 in to my amazon cart. I should have the Netis and a Mavic Air next week. At this time I do not like the Breeze, we are at odds due to the short range and the latest issues of spinning for no reason?? and not maintaining its location while hovering outside with 16 satellites.
Yes, I calibrated the compass.

It also lost signal 60 feet above me and started slowly flying away. It stated on the screen that the signal was lost and said it would land but did not. finally got the signal back while following for a block and told it to land. it did, no damage.

Reactions: ThunderChicken
I understand what you're saying. before retiring, the plant were I was working was looking for new radios for the operators. the company that was to supply the radios explained loosely what a repeater did...

I've added Netis WF2710 in to my amazon cart. I should have the Netis and a Mavic Air next week. At this time I do not like the Breeze, we are at odds due to the short range and the latest issues of spinning for no reason?? and not maintaining its location while hovering outside with 16 satellites.
Yes, I calibrated the compass.

It also lost signal 60 feet above me and started slowly flying away. It stated on the screen that the signal was lost and said it would land but did not. finally got the signal back while following for a block and told it to land. it did, no damage.

Possibly this Breeze acted odd?

To be totally honest, it is not a repeater. A repeater would be located some distance from the transceiver(Controller System radio) receive the signal, amplify it and re broadcast on a different frequency to the receiver.(Duplex mode)
Simplex mode would not work in the system of this nature.
The way this system is working what you have is a linear amplifier with receive boost.
If the "Repeater" was 500 feet away then it would qualify.

I apologize I am a ham radio operator and my definition of repeater is different from this instance.

The ZyXEL WRE6606 may be both a repeater and extender, it can be set to talk with the Breeze on the 5.8GHZ band, and talk with the phone/pad/tablet on either 5.8GHz or 2.4GHz bands. I have flown the Breeze with the WRE6606 on both bands. It is an option for those with phones that only operate on the 2.4GHz to still fly the Breeze.

I had 16 satellites... which I believe was the reason it did not simply crash. But the constant loss of signal is it's down fall. It can be 10 feet away and the picture is breaking up.. That's just not right. So sad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hospitalstore123