Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello and Letting you know about Costco's Deal!!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I just purchased my Typhoon H from Costco today. It came with an extra battery and extra set of props...I was excited to see it and priced just right, $979. (Cedar Park Costco, North Austin Texas Area)

I have tons of questions but let me read the manuals and forums before I ask.

Thanks,

Josh

Reactions: Jester
Hi Everyone!

I just purchased my Typhoon H from Costco today. It came with an extra battery and extra set of props...I was excited to see it and priced just right, $979. (Cedar Park Costco, North Austin Texas Area)

I have tons of questions but let me read the manuals and forums before I ask.

Thanks,

Josh

Cool.... but a bit boring site:

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "Costco Wholesale" on this server.
Reference #18.bdf31502.1490432803.107e1acd

All Costco related webadresses same result....
Glad I already own a Typhoon H

Cheers!

I tried the link on my phone with no problems encountered. After that I entered Typhoon H in their search box and found two items listed. The site does require a sign in to get to full descriptions and pricing. Since Costco is a membership store that's not surprising.

I tried the link on my phone with no problems encountered. After that I entered Typhoon H in their search box and found two items listed. The site does require a sign in to get to full descriptions and pricing. Since Costco is a membership store that's not surprising.

Maybe they do not want European members.

:)

its on the Costco website with two versions - with RS and FPV goggles and software for $1500 - also a good deal. But it is a member only deal. Costco Wholesale

Last edited:
Members only. For those that are non-USA or those without Costco: Costco - Wikipedia
Great deals...Mine worked today like a charm. I may pick another one just as backup. Had issue upgrading and temporarily bricked it but luckily someone posted instructions on how to fix.

I bought one too in Denver, Colorado. It is not IntelSense nor backpack. It also has controller with only antenna and not two like the picture at Costco showed. Which controller is newer controller. Also I am thinking of adding IntelSense to it. Should that work fine with the controller with only one Antenna. It does of course have the mushroom antenna and the costco came with the extended range mushroom as an extra with 4 additional props to the other 10.

I bought one too in Denver, Colorado. It is not IntelSense nor backpack. It also has controller with only antenna and not two like the picture at Costco showed. Which controller is newer controller. Also I am thinking of adding IntelSense to it. Should that work fine with the controller with only one Antenna. It does of course have the mushroom antenna and the costco came with the extended range mushroom as an extra with 4 additional props to the other 10.

Sounds like old stock sales.

Yes, Real Sense will work.

Cheers!

why wouldnt you buy it online - that one has RealSense AND backpack AND goggles AND newer ST16?

So does the new St16 have the 2 antennas? What is benefit of the second antenna? I am considering taking it back and getting 1899 pack that has backpack and I think even handheld remote. Costco one has 2 batteries and some other extras but I bought 2 of the ultra 6300 batteries and the venom 4 battery charger

Just trying to see if any other differences but with Yuneec cutting some of their staff I was on hold for over 45 minutes then opted to have them call me back where you do not lose your place in line but then never got a call back

Also I do see the other one on Costco website. The older one without real sense is $979 and was at my local Costco. The one with real sense is only available online. But even a better deal at $1499 since it has real sense and newer ST16 and backpack. But isn't it the older backpack? It is the one that has bigger typhoon logo on face of bag and drone and Yuneec at bottom. Not sure if newer big bag is supposed to be better. The $979 does have a total of 12 props and extra range mushroom antenna.

And Costco has about the most awesome return policy. I could crash this and still return it for at least 90 days. I think maybe even 6 months. They will take almost anything back. So way better strategy and option with this being my first drone. Been taking it easy to make sure I learn all the right steps of a successful flight and this forum is awesome. I would never take my TH where it is out of sight as some have done. That is just asking for it to be lost or crashed.

•••••••••••••••CAUTION•••••••••••••••

Make sure you are not in smart mode for taking off, well if you are make sure you are at least 30 feet from the H, they call that circle the "DEATH CIRCLE" because in smart mode the H will automatically stay 26 feet away from the st16 controller, so if you take off and are inside that circle the H will immediately try to get the correct distance away from the controller and you will have no control over it, it will smash into anything.

Watch tons of videos, unboxing videos are very helpful as well and if you can record yourself unboxing everything in case something is missing or whatever that way you have proof. I learn something new about it all the time.
So many settings, options and modes.
Ask lots of questions, there are a lot of groups on Facebook as well to join and lots of nice helpful people on them as well.

Enjoy your new toy!
Happy flying.

Reactions: Everwood and Hootz
Anyone making a Typhoon H, or any other $1000.00 multirotor, their first multirotor has rationalization issues.

It makes a helluva lot more sense to buy an <$100.00 practice/training multirotor at a hobby shop and get all the inevitable crashes out of the way on that.

I have been very cautious and read up for days before buying and eventually completing my first flight. I had read multiple places regarding smart mode vs angle and will only use smart mode if my brain confuses me which way to use the left arm/joystick. When I get 3ven remotely close to myself and ST16 I will always move to angle mode and bring down slowly.

I also routinely practice catching the drone with hand. Everyone should try that is even remotely coordinated. I basically bring it down t a little above my head, walk towards it, put my hand very loosely on arm/legand have controller in other hand where my thumb is close to red shut off button. Then hold down red button and after about one second firmly grasp the drone by arm/leg. It will quickly slow down props and then shut off. Second time I tried to do a catch I grabbed it before trying to turn it off and it fought me vigorously like th4 other posts said. I had to set controller down and use other hand very carefully to shut off drone power. Then went back and recalibrate did everything to be safe.

So far no problems after a week of flying about 30 minutes each day. But I think I will order Costco IntelSense version tomorrow and then return the less expensive version after I get new one.

I have been very cautious and read up for days before buying and eventually completing my first flight. I had read multiple places regarding smart mode vs angle and will only use smart mode if my brain confuses me which way to use the left arm/joystick. When I get 3ven remotely close to myself and ST16 I will always move to angle mode and bring down slowly.

I also routinely practice catching the drone with hand. Everyone should try that is even remotely coordinated. I basically bring it down t a little above my head, walk towards it, put my hand very loosely on arm/legand have controller in other hand where my thumb is close to red shut off button. Then hold down red button and after about one second firmly grasp the drone by arm/leg. It will quickly slow down props and then shut off. Second time I tried to do a catch I grabbed it before trying to turn it off and it fought me vigorously like th4 other posts said. I had to set controller down and use other hand very carefully to shut off drone power. Then went back and recalibrate did everything to be safe.

So far no problems after a week of flying about 30 minutes each day. But I think I will order Costco IntelSense version tomorrow and then return the less expensive version after I get new one.

Hey,
I was just wondering if you found out why it fought you so hard that one time??This is the only thing I could think of is that maybe the H fought you so hard was because the GPS sensed that something moved the H slightly and the H was trying to compensate so that it could go back to the position it was in, the H computer must know that it did not receive anything from the ST16 controller, like the pilot moving the sticks to move the H around. I think this is how the computer/gps knows to adjust for wind gusts to keep the H as stable n in the same position as it possibly can.
I'm not sure if that's correct but that's all I can think that may have caused that.
I also keep a heavy leather glove in case I need to catch it. Neck lanyard is very useful and comfortable while flying and it you need to catch it really frees up your hand so you can concentrate on what you need to do.
Anyways cheers man,
Happy flying.

I agree that it is due to GPS. I think it is like poking a bear or pushing someone around. They don't like that and will fight back. Or more simply since u r keeping the TH from hovering the way it likes due to any slight change in GPS it will try to go where it wants. And may go too extreme. Did not want to chance it going crazy so used other hand to shut it off. U just may need to go to one knee so u can go underneath to hit the power button. Better safe than sorry.

I can only go back to some of my early lessons with an APM FC. Once, after establishing an auto landing, I picked up the copter before disarming the motors. I instantly hand a fistful if spinning props on a copter trying to land itself again. Other times I would do a hand recovery and try to pull the aircraft out of the air without disarming the motors or changing flight modes. Every time the system would try to correct the human induced change in altitude and orientation.

Our flight controllers are wonderful things but in ways they are like a severely mentally retarded human. Once they have been programmed to respond a specific way they cannot accept doing something they weren't programmed to deal with and resist while trying to do things they way they were originally taught. Put one in a stable hover sometime and try to pull it lower, then let go and watch what happens. Don't put your face in front of it.

Anyone making a Typhoon H, or any other $1000.00 multirotor, their first multirotor has rationalization issues.

It makes a helluva lot more sense to buy an <$100.00 practice/training multirotor at a hobby shop and get all the inevitable crashes out of the way on that.

Man, I wish rationalization issues were by biggest issues. ;)
I bought the H with Realsense after kind of learning to fly an AR Drone 2.0, which is not a good one to learn on since it's operated solely by cell phone, but I only bought it before I was ready out of total shock. My wife knew I was wanting one and while we were out of town house shopping and happened to drive by a Hobbytown that I knew had one in stock. I asked if we could stop so I could just see one in person. She saw my face light up when I got to finally see one, other than on youtube, then the man said the price just dropped from $1899 to $1599, and the craziest thing happened...She said, "Well, are you going to get it or just slobber on it?"
I really just carried up to the register to see if she was going to hit me over the head and ask me if I had failed to take my medication. She didn't. I bought.
You think there wasn't a catch? She made me buy her a pontoon boat, rip the seats and everything out of it, and turn it into a floating tiki bar. You think I care? I got my H. I also got a cool tiki bar to fly it off of out, while pretending I did it for her letting me get the H. ;)
Now, I didn't fly the thing for almost 2 months while I compiled a box of broken $50-$100 toys to practice on first...I can't afford that many boats so I was too afraid to fly it until I felt I wouldn't owe her more toys. She doesn't agree with me that her boat should mean I can get many more H's before we're even.
As for the hand catching, I'm not here to judge, or tell anyone how to do anything. I will post this link so you all can see what my pinky looked like after they put it back on, just as a warning to always have 100% focus if you choose to hand catch it. My finger wasn't from a hand catch of the H, but the prop size and material are almost identical...They can cost you fingers if you miss, or turn your focus away for even a second.
Just be careful. My life will never be the same. I have lost the use of my pinky and almost all the strength in my ring finger. I drop almost everything I try to do, it cost me my career, and a lifetime of frustration. It's not all bad news...I can win a $20 bill all day long putting a cigarette out on my pinky, and $50 for putting another one out on the open wound after the blister pops. ;)
Good luck, Happy flying, and be safe.

Hand catch disadvantage?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital