Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hey Part 107 Pilots.....Help me out....

Yep those are only 2 states that require it. I had no idea what the deal was.

Bill W.

Employment for the otherwise unemployable... I'm in Oregon for a short while yet too. The rain on the west and north side sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously even out in the country where I live there is some Farmer's field classified as an airport every 5 miles, so if you actually had to contact these people every time you flew some where, you better take the phone book with you and spend about an hour or two trying to find out what farmer to call.

You are one if the lucky ones. The FAA issued a directive shortly after the release of 107 forbidding local ATC to hold direct communications with sUAS operators, to refer all communications and waiver requests to FAA central.

He is talking about an airport in uncontrolled airspace

Bill W.

There's a difference between a private and public airport. A public uncontrolled field needs to be afforded the same consideration as a controlled airport. Manned aviation in general has priority in all things. If someone had a need to frequently operate near a public, uncontrolled airport they might consider getting with management or the local FSDO and create a NOTAM advising of operations.

Respectfully, "uncontrolled" doesn't mean there's nobody there. Would you please cite your information? Where does it say that I can fly within 5 miles of a busy Class G airport (20-30 flights a week during the summer, with skydiving operations 6 days a week, and the occasional LifeFlight operation) without notifying the operator?
I realise that. It means atc does not control that aorspace. However it is important to always pay attention to traffic in the area. If it is a busy airport then let them know you are there. They may announce your position over the radio to any pilots tuned in.

Bill W.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
puputus