Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I may have made a very nice mistake

Reaction score
I took my "H" out for a little flight yesterday and the wife went along as usual. Just for grins I asked her if she wanted to take control for a little while. I gave her a quick briefing on what each stick did and what to expect.
I took it up to about 100' and handed her the controls. She has never done anything radio control before, ever.
She did quite well too.
Now she understands and said, "We might just have to have dueling drones." My new hobby has just doubled in cost, but she won't complain if I'm buying goodies for the both of us.

I took my "H" out for a little flight yesterday and the wife went along as usual. Just for grins I asked her if she wanted to take control for a little while. I gave her a quick briefing on what each stick did and what to expect.
I took it up to about 100' and handed her the controls. She has never done anything radio control before, ever.
She did quite well too.
Now she understands and said, "We might just have to have dueling drones." My new hobby has just doubled in cost, but she won't complain if I'm buying goodies for the both of us.
Always a good thing if your wife understands and shares your passion for things that interest you...

When I asked my wife I just get the eye roll thingy. You're a lucky man. I initially bought 2 H's thinking we could fly in team mode to get better video. NOT. One H is still sitting in the box for nearly a year.

She did quite well too.
Ha... I only owned one gun when I got my concealed carry 8 or 9 years ago and fought my way up to two afterward. After finally convincing my wife to get her CC permit a couple years ago, we have more than a dozen and now the answer is never no on them, ammo, or anything to do with them. ;) Even my kids got to go pick their own type and caliber.
Can't get the same outcome on the H... Yet!

Reactions: ThunderChicken
Ha... I only owned one gun when I got my concealed carry 8 or 9 years ago and fought my way up to two afterward. After finally convincing my wife to get her CC permit a couple years ago, we have more than a dozen and now the answer is never no on them, ammo, or anything to do with them.
You and I must be the luckiest Devils! I got my CCDW 9 years ago and the wife got hers 2 years ago. I wish I had bought stock in Glock, Smith & Wesson, and Hornady. She is currently still working with a Federal Law Enforcement Agency and will retire in 7 months. We have an armory here. All pistols are .40 cal. and rifles are plentiful too.

Reactions: Jester
Told mine she should be very happy, I went to the local hobby shop on Saturday, and only returned with some colored film for the underside of the wings of my glider. Oh I could have so done some major shopping damage there.

Reactions: Jester and Dr Delta
Well... being happy with buying guns and even make your children enthousiastic about them with ammo lying all over the place can very well be called 'a mistake' .
We would never allow for a mistake that could be so deadly. They would have to be really good at cracking safes to get to a single round that's any larger than the pellet gun rounds. Even with the pellet and bb guns, they ask first and know not to let the house, guest house, or my shop be in the backdrop of what they're shooting at, and they know all guns stay on only our property. All or our fixed targets are set up in front of huge dirt backdrops to catch strays.
Although my kids are all very well versed in gun safety and know the rules, they have too many friends over all the time for us to even think about leaving anything out where they could get to it. They won't even fire up their ATV's with us not home, and know better than to even ask to let friends ride them, even if we are home. We can only trust that our kids will do the right thing. Their friends are good kids, but we didn't raise them and can't guarantee their level of common sense so we don't risk what we have for anyone. No other kid touches a gun unless their parents are here with them. Safety is #1 around here.
Sorry for the topic change, Steve. That wasn't my intention.

Reactions: ThunderChicken
We would never allow for a mistake that could be so deadly. They would have to be really good at cracking safes to get to a single round that's any larger than the pellet gun rounds. Even with the pellet and bb guns, they ask first and know not to let the house, guest house, or my shop be in the backdrop of what they're shooting at, and they know all guns stay on only our property. All or our fixed targets are set up in front of huge dirt backdrops to catch strays.
Although my kids are all very well versed in gun safety and know the rules, they have too many friends over all the time for us to even think about leaving anything out where they could get to it. They won't even fire up their ATV's with us not home, and know better than to even ask to let friends ride them, even if we are home. We can only trust that our kids will do the right thing. Their friends are good kids, but we didn't raise them and can't guarantee their level of common sense so we don't risk what we have for anyone. No other kid touches a gun unless their parents are here with them. Safety is #1 around here.
Sorry for the topic change, Steve. That wasn't my intention.

Cool.

I think there are many on the forum that are as highly allergic to guns, weapons and 'martial arts' as I am.
If everyone on this world would be like that it would definately be a better place.

Cheers!

Well... being happy with buying guns and even make your children enthousiastic about them with ammo lying all over the place can very well be called 'a mistake' .
There are no children here, but my children were very well trained and taught to respect firearms. In case you are wondering my "BABY" is 43 years old has two daughters both of which are avid hunters. Like me when they hunt it is a food gathering process, not a sport.
Guns and ammunition are not just laying around and never were in my house. All weapons and ammo are properly secured.

Last edited:
There are no children here, but my children were very well trained and taught to respect firearms. In case you are wondering my "BABY" is 43 years old has two daughters both of which are avid hunters. Like me when they hunt it is a food gathering process, not a sport.
Guns and ammunition are not just laying around and never were in my house. All weapons and ammo are properly secured.

My point is that weapons and 'martial arts' etcetera lead to destruction and unnescessary suffering.

The inability to defend yourself leads to tyranny and slavery.

Drones are more dangerous than firearms.
Cars are more dangerous and cause by far more death than consumer use of firearms.
Ignorance is the leading cause of unnatural death.
There are no training standards any ANYONE with cash can buy a drone.
The razor sharp (while spinning of coarse) rotors spinning are much more uncontrollable and unpredictable than any firearm. I've never heard of a firearm doing anything other than what was being intended to do. Pull the trigger and it fires.
Show me a child that can load a pistol. It is nearly physicaly impossible for a weak person to load the chamber. Negative gun news is being inadequately reported. They'll say it happened but not how. It is my opinion because complete stories are not reported, that, and I would bet the farm, the accidents happening are resulting from someone leaving a gun loaded and unattended.
Fly a drone and all bets are off.
I've heard that it's not if you'll crash but when. I've been fortunate enough to not crash yet (knock on wood), but fully expect that to happen eventually. I never expect anything other human error to ever create a uncontrollable situation with any firearm.
It's a fact that drones are not 100% reliable.
A firearms will NEVER discharge in a direction it is not pointed at and will not fire with an empty chamber.
Wife is not a firearm enthusiast but said, and I quote "firearms are only as dangerous as the human operating it".
She is very appreciative when I have the tool necessary to protect our food supply when a preditor threatens our livelihood or loved ones. Human nature unfortunately predominantly includes greed, envy, and lust. Without our firearms you would NOT be free. Fear is a powerful and necessary emotion to keep you alive and others true. If we all looked first inward when searching to assign fault and lived by virtue, we would need far less (if any) laws at all.
Danger and the potential for death is everywhere. Your best safety is knowledge and reason and fear.
It's a fact now that the US Governement uses assassination as a tool. My opinion is that apathy and deceptive leaders cause more death than all of theses issues we are talking about combined.
Hope you all have a good day and God Bless us ALL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers