Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

I need an opinion on price

The address on craigslist Milwaukee would not post so here is the items for sale. This is his post:
I am selling my new Yuneec Typhoon H Pro with Intel RealSense. It comes with a TON of extras listed below. This is the most professional done you can buy for under 5k hands down. Easily run dual operators with the 2 remotes included. This will cost you $1600 dollars if bought anywhere else. Setup cable cam etc. Impress your customers with this beast! Open link to Yuneec's website for all the details!

1 Aircraft
1 ST16 all-in-one controller
4 Yuneec Intelligent flight batteries
1 wall charger
1 car charger
3 PolarP-Pro ND filters
1 Magic Want smart remote
1 controller screen sun shade
1 controller neck harness
12 propellars
1 camera gimbal lock
1 Yuneec backpack

Google Shopping Typhoon H Pro

You can get several online store offers for less... why would you roll the dice on a Craigslist listing? It's overpriced... and you have no guarantee that it's even new. I notice the ad does not mention a warranty. Want a way to flush him out? Ask him the manufacture date on those batteries.

personally I sell a new Typhoon 1 year warranty
1 Aircraft typhoon h
https://www.leboncoin.fr/image_son/1602002794.htm/
2ST16 all-in-one controller
4 Yuneec Intelligent flight batteries
3 wall charger
1 cable car charger
3 PolarP-Pro ND filters
1 Magic Want smart remote
8 propellars
1 camera gimbal lock
1 Yuneec backpack
and lot of pieces

If buying a used machine the price is very high. Never, ever trust that used batteries are in good shape, or that a camera hasn’t been previously damaged in a crash.

Buying used is always a buyer beware situation and Craig’sList is like eBay. You really don’t know what you’re getting until it’s in your hand. Surprises abound. If you are looking to buy used, look to people with histories at the various user forums. They tend to avoid damaging their reputations and only sell stuff that works the way its supposed to.

I agree. A used drone is barely worth half of what it can be purchased for new. It will likely be out of warranty and one should consider used batteries are like partially eaten cheeseburgers; doesn't really matter how many there are. Good deals come up all the time in our classifieds.

It appears that I have been thinking wrong all along. Thanks to everyone for the thoughts

Not wrong thinking. Wrong weighting of options. Just a rule of thumb I follow for used purchases like drones.

Unknown seller of a used aircraft. Settle for nothing less than a spectacular savings/deal because the failures can be equally as spectacular. Less than 60% of available online price from reputable seller. Deduct value harshly for apparent damage. Every mark indicates a possible future problem.

Known seller of a used craft. Expect a fair deal that saves you some $$ over new or refurb and gets the seller a little extra coin. 60-70% of online price for a still relevant functioning aircraft depending on extras and overall condition

In that case, I have two of them w/o RealSense that I’d sell for $350.00 each +shipping. Both were Color Box kits with a Wizard. Shipping usually works out around $70.00 for UPS or FedEx. I won’t let the batteries go as they are old and not performing well. Aircraft are fine but flight batteries not so fine.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Google Shopping Typhoon H Pro

You can get several online store offers for less... why would you roll the dice on a Craigslist listing? It's overpriced... and you have no guarantee that it's even new. I notice the ad does not mention a warranty. Want a way to flush him out? Ask him the manufacture date on those batteries.
How do you find the manufacturing date of Typhoon H batteries? The seller could claim any date and I could not tell if they were lying.

Manufacturing info for factory H batts is on a sticker under the battery release latch. A seller could take pics of stickers with a phone if they desired.

Its on the inside of the little battery pull door. On stock Yuneec batteries there is a bar code and below that there is a number that will start with a letter and then have a series of numbers so, a battery number of B010420162600422 that translates into a date of 01/04/2016 or January 4th, 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder