Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is it OK to use latest update yet?

Reaction score
What's the general feeling out there on the latest Yuneec updates. I've been overseas without my H for about 7 weeks and have still got the previous version, which is working flawlessly. Is it safe to upgrade now? Any thoughts appreciated!

Unless you fall for the new features - drift etc, I would hang on as rumour has it there is another update to sort out the free glitches supplied with the last update coming very soon. NB: Not everyone affected the same or even at all by last AutoPilot 1.28.

Chris,
Welcome back.
The latest firmware has been a success for most, some have had issues with drifting (Calibrating the H and the ST-16) seems to have solved most of those issues. We have had a few people complain that they have lost ability to use the RIGHT stick during flight, and a few have reported issues during landing where the H will only come down to around 10 feet or so and then not want to lower any further. When I upgraded, I flew my first flight on a tether.
I would recommend calibrating everything after the update. Capt, made a great video explaining the process here: Reference Helps

Reactions: Chris McMillan
Go for it. Just make sure you re-bind the transmitter to the H and CGO 3 plus camera after updating the firmware. Also calibrate accelerometers, compass and transmitter before initial flight.

I agree look at the captains YouTube account and do everything he says

Go for it. Just make sure you re-bind the transmitter to the H and CGO 3 plus camera after updating the firmware. Also calibrate accelerometers, compass and transmitter before initial flight.
Calibrate transmitter ? Didn't try that and don't know how.
And not sure why rebind is needed if connection works

First; have you ever flown a drone before? Have you read your manual that came with your Typhoon H.?

Always rebind, even if it seems to work. I think this has caused a lot of problems. Folks think because they are connected that everything will work as before. We don't know what changes are made when they upgrade firmware but in my experience, it can definitely affect control of the aircraft if you don't rebind.

After installing the most recent update I was getting drift and odd behavior; I did not calibrate my H after the last couple updates. After calibrating the compass and accelerometer my H is now solid with the new update, no issues at all.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
First; have you ever flown a drone before? Have you read your manual that came with your Typhoon H.?

Ok, then please point me to ST16 calibration in Typhoon H that you obviously see and all of us don't.
And I actually did rebind and made half a dozen compass calibrations after this last update....nevertheless drifting and other strange behaviours are still there. In one point I had 2 good flights so I thought I fixed it by reinstalling FW2.25, and then another flight completely destroyed my confidence again. I hope I can revert back H firmware to 2.21 and hopefuly fly normaly while this new update comes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal