Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just bought Power 4 Yuneec Battery

Reaction score
Today (01-14-2019) I purchased a Power 4 Yuneec battery from Best Buy, $58 dollars.
Now to charge it up. Current voltage out of the box 14.24v (3.56 per cell)

Good price. What's manufacture date?

Looks like we're going to have to nurse these batteries carefully. the countdown starts from manufacturers date.

Oh well, one can only hope they will make another production run before discontinuing the 480 supply line. Forget about planned obsolescence, this is cleverly orchestrated obsolescence! Looks like were going to be forced to use the Plu$ and H520 batterie$, and in their geniu$, we will al$o have to buy different charger$ too! Totally brilliant!

I still have 3 of the 4 original battery I purchased back in April 2016. I get from 11 to 14 minutes of flight time.
I have a total of 13 batteries.

I'm not into spelling, I'm lazy , only geeting the message out.:oops:" getting".

Today (01-14-2019) I purchased a Power 4 Yuneec battery from Best Buy, $58 dollars.
Now to charge it up. Current voltage out of the box 14.24v (3.56 per cell)
All of the batteries I have gotten for the H have been 15.2v out of the box. Better check each cell voltage to see what they read.

They all read the same, now in the process of charging. If it's bad, I can get my pennies back from "maybe Best maybe Buy".

Interesting charged in 25 minutes? Using charger that came with the H, instead of using my Venom quad.
All cells read 3.89v.
Now to test fly.

Reactions: DCH
There is a line in this article that claims you can use a H plus battery in a 480?
"If you have the TH, TH Plus, and/or the H520, it is possible to fly either of the craft with either battery"
This is very true, there are already a few post here covering this subject, and many including myself are doing this regularly.
I'm getting about 2 min shorter flight times using the H480 battery in my Plus. However I have not tested the flight times using the Plus/520 battery in my H480 yet, but I plan to. ....Someday. It's just the Plus is so much more rewarding to fly, I can't seem to find the time -or desire- to fly the 480 anymore.:confused:

Ok, just finished flying.
Winds at 390 feet / 119m
gust at 15mph / 23kn/h
60°f /16°C
Video on at all times, since this is the way I conduct all of my business.
Using my stop watch 10minutes 12seconds.:(
Each cell check in after flight 3.57v 14.28v total.
Not Good, back to BB for refund.:D

I have never ever of all my 13 Batteries get to 4.2
Even my new ULTRA X

Using my stop watch 10minutes 12seconds.:(
I'd give it few cycles before I gave up. That's not unlike my first flight with my Ultrax batteries. Thought I was getting ripped off, but after about five cycles they were doing fine.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49