Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Just bought Power 4 Yuneec Battery

When I first fire up the H, my voltage on the monitor is 16.1 to 16.2 then drops quickly once airborne.15.9
Testing above my house
YUN00002.mp4_000072405.png

Reactions: DCH
I have never ever of all my 13 Batteries get to 4.2
Even my new ULTRA X
Need to bump up your charger's settings. Mine will let me go to 4.25, but I keep it at 4.20.

Same here. I have an HTRC T240 and it nails 4.2 every time. Usually start flying with 16.8.

The batteries for my Q 500 are original, dating from its purchase in 2014, and this winter has made them show their age. They need to be replaced. The batteries for my H date from 2016 and continue to chug along nicely. One is the original stock battery that came with the H and the other two are GiFi batteries purchased in 2017 and 2018. The cells of all three batteries discharge evenly. I discard batteries when one cell discharges a great deal more than the other cells in a battery. This difference in discharge rate will eventually lead to battery failure in flight even though the battery cells indicate that they are suitably charged when they are not under load.

Yes. It appears your charger is not doing a complete charge. The battery cells should be reading 4.15 - 4.2 after a charge.
Initially charged the new battery with the Yuneec charger, as I mentioned it read 3.89v per cell by voltmeter. My H controller showed it at 16.6v. ?????

Oh well, one can only hope they will make another production run before discontinuing the 480 supply line. Forget about planned obsolescence, this is cleverly orchestrated obsolescence! Looks like were going to be forced to use the Plu$ and H520 batterie$, and in their geniu$, we will al$o have to buy different charger$ too! Totally brilliant!

This why I do not recommend buying a dedicated charger. While having all the wires and connectors is a hassle, they are cheaper than a new charger. :cool:

Reactions: DCH
Here's what I'm thinking; I keep my quad charger, and purchase a adjustable charger. Once my quads green light shows it's charged, I then reconnect the battery to the adjustable charger to finish the charging?
That or I'm going to spend lots of mula for and adjustable quad charger.:(

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Speaking of H Plus batteries, I have been thinking for some time that it might be worthwhile to look at generic 4S LiHv packs as a possible replacement for the stock Plus battery. Paying 179 plus tax seems a bit steep but when I did a look around at generic pacs, a 4S 5200 (or higher) 15.2 volt LiHv pac is always within (or above) the price range of a new Plus battery. Also I found an article that was a long term test that found that while the LiHV's have some better performance figures that their over useful life is about half that of a standard LiPo. :(

I am seeing this myself, I now have well over 130 flights per original Plus battery and seven months in; they have lost about four minutes per flight. Thats about 20%, I used to get 18 minutes easy and now 14 is tough and when it is just a little on the cool side 13 minutes maybe. I will say they have been at this phase for about two months so maybe they won't get any worse.

Here's what I'm thinking; I keep my quad charger, and purchase a adjustable charger. Once my quads green light shows it's charged, I then reconnect the battery to the adjustable charger to finish the charging?
That or I'm going to spend lots of mula for and adjustable quad charger.:(

AH-1G,

Are you using the venom 4 port Typhoon H charger?

If so, and it is not fully charging, submit a service request with Venom.com. You might be surprised at the response. A good response, that is.

Jeff

Reactions: AH-1G
AH-1G,

Are you using the venom 4 port Typhoon H charger?

If so, and it is not fully charging, submit a service request with Venom.com. You might be surprised at the response. A good response, that is.

Jeff
Yes, ok I'll do that>
thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49