Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Momentary Compass Calibration Error

Reaction score
Hello Typhoon H pilots,

Last month I was taking video of a lake home for sale when I got a momentary compass calibration error. It only lasted a couple of seconds and I saw no adverse reaction from the H but I finished the flight uneventfully. I even put in my other battery and went for a second flight with no problems whatsoever. Could someone read my telemetry and give me an idea as to why I may have gotten the calibration error? I calibrated the compass before my first flight and had no error warnings or lights. Thanks everyone.

Tom

Also if someone could tell me how and what extension I need to upload the telemetry. I have a .csv file that does not have an "allowed extension".

Last edited:
Hey Tom,
You may not need to worry about a momentary error like that. Typically just a yellow flash on the rear light, but it can be a warning on the ST16, again a fleeting warning that goes away with no resultant erratic behavior of the TH.

Don't panic about this, but watch the flying behavior awhile to see if it repeats. If you have done a successful compass calibration, got the solid green light, and had other uneventful flights, I doubt there is a problem.

Reactions: PatR
Hey Tom,
You may not need to worry about a momentary error like that. Typically just a yellow flash on the rear light, but it can be a warning on the ST16, again a fleeting warning that goes away with no resultant erratic behavior of the TH.

Don't panic about this, but watch the flying behavior awhile to see if it repeats. If you have done a successful compass calibration, got the solid green light, and had other uneventful flights, I doubt there is a problem.

Thank you for responding. I'll keep an eye on it.

Hello Typhoon H pilots,

Last month I was taking video of a lake home for sale when I got a momentary compass calibration error. It only lasted a couple of seconds and I saw no adverse reaction from the H but I finished the flight uneventfully. I even put in my other battery and went for a second flight with no problems whatsoever. Could someone read my telemetry and give me an idea as to why I may have gotten the calibration error? I calibrated the compass before my first flight and had no error warnings or lights. Thanks everyone.

Tom

Also if someone could tell me how and what extension I need to upload the telemetry. I have a .csv file that does not have an "allowed extension".
I agree with Rayray. A single warning is not significant unless it starts to happen more frequently. If it does then you will want to discontinue using it until it is checked.
You could connect the H to the GUI to see if any errors show up. Also, if you wish to upload the csv file simple change the extension to .txt and anyone who wants to look at the file can simple change it back.

Thank you, Steve. Here is the telemetry file for anyone who would like to take a look.

Tom

Attachments

• Telemetry_00088.txt
    2.5 MB · Views: 9

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airconditionerservice