Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Most efficient way to fly?

Reaction score
Hi, lets assume I will take pics of two real estate properties. They are 200 and 150meters away from me but in total different directions. I have to fly in 60m and 20m AGL. What's the most power efficient way to fly? Rise and descend slow or fast. Fly to and from the objects slow in Turtle or fast in Rabbit?

Much depends on where you choose to take off from. Ideally it would be better to take off from a point mid way between the two properties. So, assuming you are able to take off from a point roughly mid way...

IMHO it would be best to fly to the property 60m AGL first. Rise steadily, not too fast but still in rabbit mode and do what you need to do there. Then fly to the property at 20m AGL in rabbit mode slowly descending on the way and do what you need to do there. Once completed fly back too your position and land.

All operations done in rabbit mode but nice and smooth without any aggressive maneuvers.

I'm assuming that you have a job booked. In my opinion you should be able to photograph both properties on one battery assuming you don't faf around too much.

Much depends on where you choose to take off from. Ideally it would be better to take off from a point mid way between the two properties. So, assuming you are able to take off from a point roughly mid way...

IMHO it would be best to fly to the property 60m AGL first. Rise steadily, not too fast but still in rabbit mode and do what you need to do there. Then fly to the property at 20m AGL in rabbit mode slowly descending on the way and do what you need to do there. Once completed fly back too your position and land.

All operations done in rabbit mode but nice and smooth without any aggressive maneuvers.

I'm assuming that you have a job booked. In my opinion you should be able to photograph both properties on one battery assuming you don't faf around too much.
Thanx Flush, I understand that your recommendations are to (always) fly in rabbit mode but not in full speed....

Is descent in rabbit mode more efficient than in turtle mode?

Thanx Flush, I understand that your recommendations are to (always) fly in rabbit mode but not in full speed....
Exactly. Be positive with your control inputs but not aggressively so. Fly at moderate speeds generally, and slow down to line up shots. If you want to show something a bit quicker in your video you can speed up the footage in post production.

About landing. I advise to land while in rabbit too and control the speed of descent by easing off on the left stick as necessary. The only time I would be in turtle mode is if I want to finely adjust the aircraft's position to take a particular shot. Being in rabbit mode doesn't mean you have to fly at full tit...flying at full tit will only drain your battery faster: you will get your aircraft from A to B faster but at the cost of battery time and less overall control.

With my method of flying I can get 19 minutes in the air to first warning...not that I'm in the habit of allowing the aircraft to still be in the air at first warning, far from it.

The more power you use the more power you'll consume. Shoot the highest elevation first and descend to lower elevations as long as they can be done in a manner that is sequential without a lot of opposing travel. Think about your car. Do you get better mileage with the pedal floored or at 35mph with the pedal steady for either one? Best efficiency is at slower speeds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwalston