Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need to know: Product and company response

Reaction score
Looking into the Typhoon H and another well known drone-

1. if I have any type of problem how long will it take this company to respond?
2. is this the best one a BEGINNER should buy?
3. does it fly from a cell phone or tablet?
4. auto land, return to home,obstacle avoidance, etc. really not that interested
at this time about camera quality and the like.

Thank you,
New forum member

Quick response:

If you are a beginner, I'd recommend a *very* cheap radio controlled drone (Like the Hubsan H107C, costs about forty bucks), it has no assistance devices but will teach you the basics of getting something into the air, landing, crashing and minor repairs.

The big drones have lots of high tech to help you, but they are not infallible, and they're only as good as the operator. We see a lot of beginners come here and loose or crash their drones in the first week of ownership. In the majority of cases these accidents are avoidable.

So, get to grips with a simple device, then you can spend a little time figuring out the larger drones. There is a learning curve, and it's very tempting to let it 'do the flying for you', but you'll have a lot less trouble if you take it a little more slowly.

In the case of Yuneec and the Typhoon H:

1. The company is pretty good - they have a good support policy and seem to respond, repair and replace machines quite quickly.
2. It's a great drone, and lovely to fly, but there is a lot going on and it's got some complex options, so it very much depends how you get on with tech
3. No, it flies from it's own controller, the ST-16
4. The various assistance modes can be helpful - in particular return to home, which helps when signals are lost (radio controlled gear is not absolutely fail safe, these things do happen).

If you're not interested in camera quality, I'd definitely consider a cheaper drone. The Yuneec Breeze costs half the price and is a load of fun to fly. You control it through your phone, but you can buy a little joystick to make it a little bit more tactile.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Ennoia
I'll try and answer your questions:

1. You just need to pick up the phone and call them. Very responsive via this method
2. For an absolute beginner, no. Get a $50 drone and learn to fly it. That said, if you read the directions, watch the videos, etc., it's not that difficult to fly successfully
3. Built in tablet in the controller
4. It will auto land as part of the return to home, OA yes (even better with the RealSense module)

Reactions: Ennoia
Hello Rolex, Welcome to the forums!

1) I had to call them to register my "H", since they are still having website issues with the registration page. I was on hold for less than a minute. The lady was very nice to work with and resolved my issue.

2) This is debatable. The Typhoon "H" is very easy to fly and is rock-stable, but IMHO there is a lot that needs to be done (Pre-Flight checklist, calibrations, etc.) to achieve a safe flight. With that being said, I would suggest you purchase a smaller, cheaper drone to get used to flying it 'normal'. If you crash it, you aren't out a lot of $$$. Flying "normal" is learning how to fly in what we call "Angle/Pilot" mode. Smart mode is nice, but requires a stable GPS lock. If you don't know how to fly it in angle mode, you can get in trouble very quick.
Quote from "H" manual:
Angle (Pilot) Mode is the mode preferred by experienced RC/drone pilots because Typhoon H will move in the direction the control stick is pushed relative to the front/nose of the aircraft. So if you push the right-hand stick to the left Typhoon H will bank toward the left side and move to the left. This means if the front/nose of Typhoon H is pointing away from you it will move to the left, but if the front/nose is pointing at you Typhoon H will move to the right.

3) The "H" controller has a built-in 7" tablet that runs Android. There is no need for a phone or tablet.

4) It does have Return to home (Which auto lands. I personally never tried it. I catch by hand**), obstacle avoidance, follow me, and watch me modes.

IMHO, the camera quality is great! I think it comes very close to the Phantom 4 running manual settings.

I'm sure others will chime in with their suggestions/recommendations. I hope that you can find the answers you are looking for after reading all of the replies and making a decision that works for you.

** At your OWN risk!! You can hurt yourself if you come in contact with the blades.

Reactions: Ennoia and Rayray
Every question on his list could have been answered many times over with a basic Google search. Even a You Tube search would have provided ample information, as would have using the search function of this and other forums. Think about what that implies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every question on his list could have been answered many times over with a basic Google search. Even a You Tube search would have provided ample information, as would have using the search function of this and other forums. Think about what that implies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread topic has a familiar ring to it. An invitation to start another war over Yuneec vs DJI.

PatR is correct, @rolex, and this is a Yuneec Forum. Please do your own research and decision making.

Go here to ask about Phantoms: DJI Phantom Drone Forum

I'm confused now, did a comment get deleted somewhere along the way? I don't see a single comment where the OP ever brought up a single DJI product in any of his responses. Could he have searched a little more in efforts to find answers to his questions, sure maybe he could have. I still see no reason for him to be patronized, especially from a Mod for any of his questions. Why would you blow someone off rather than assist them in gaining knowledge about our business or hobby? Or better yet welcome them and ensure they stay engaged speaking to others who share the same interest? Those kinds of responses will quickly send new members elsewhere. Honestly a pretty lame thing to do. If something was deleted and I didn't read the full story then I offer my apologies but if not then alright, shame on you.

TotoMcJoe,

Every time I see your name I wonder. Were you previously associated with the band Toto?

As to the other thoughts, a great many argumentative threads have been started this way at numerous forums. The attempt to question well known H attributes along and using a Typhoon H forum to elicit them in his/her first forum post is a bit curious. Truly odd was the exclusion of the camera. That lack of concern for the camera raises other questions that, for me, generate a little concern in other areas.

For me his questions provided a sense of being impulsive and lazy, presenting an image of someone that prefers to let others perform their due diligence for them. Reading and following instructions or operational protocols is not a strong suit for a person like that, and issues with any multirotor product are virtually assured, with all of them blamed on the product instead of where they would largely belong; the user.

TotoMcJoe,

Every time I see your name I wonder. Were you previously associated with the band Toto?

As to the other thoughts, a great many argumentative threads have been started this way at numerous forums. The attempt to question well known H attributes along and using a Typhoon H forum to elicit them in his/her first forum post is a bit curious. Truly odd was the exclusion of the camera. That lack of concern for the camera raises other questions that, for me, generate a little concern in other areas.

For me his questions provided a sense of being impulsive and lazy, presenting an image of someone that prefers to let others perform their due diligence for them. Reading and following instructions or operational protocols is not a strong suit for a person like that, and issues with any multirotor product are virtually assured, with all of them blamed on the product instead of where they would largely belong; the user.

I can see your point Pat, I've just normally tried to assume the the role of educate over patronize. At the end of the day, I really think we are better served by inducting a new member into a welcoming environment rather than push them away so they go elsewhere. On the other hand, people do need to be willing to put in a little time to study and learn for themselves as well rather than just assume someone response is the gospel. I see your point entirely.

To those of you that answered me in a polite manner-Thank You-
To the others- these type of comments are not necessary!
I have watched youtube and other video's.
However I just wanted to ask on a forum and READ the answers.
How people are answered can sometime lead the asking person
to believe that messages they posted and likes received along with
being high ranking members are just a prestigious NOTHING-
I am an expert and certified instructor for a large firearms company-
If I answered as some have my heading under my name would read-
SUSPENDED-
And I did not mention any other company's products-

Thank you for your help-

Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately some of the responses you've received on this forum are par for the course. This forum has an unfortunate history of having more than its fair share of "bullies" who have been reprimanded, ejected, or left voluntarily. But some of the elitist/bad attitude still remains.... Wasn't too long ago, if you made any mention of a competitor, you were labelled a troll, DJI fanboy, or worse. If you asked basic questions you were chided. Its gotten better but thats relative when compared to other "...pilots" forums where response such as you received would not be tolerated. Those boards are heavily visited and a more friendly atmosphere prevails when greeting those new or interested in the product line.

To respond to your questions that I can;

1) Very responsive. Very easy to get a hold of, very quick turn-around if you need to send your bird in for service. Honestly probably the best CS of any product I've ever owned drone or otherwise.
2) Probably not. Even though there are alot of helpful features that could make it beginner friendly there are things I feel a drone pilot should be able to do/learn first. Things like being able to fly with no GPS stabilization, orientation and the ability to move the aircraft in the direction you desire whether its "front" is facing you or its the back.
I agree with other, start with something simple/inexpensive and learn the basics of flying. My first drone a Traxxas Alias must have crashed well over two dozen times,
3) No it does not. You must fly it from the dedicated ST-16

IMO, the Typhoon H is a decent drone. Early ones like I have had been hit and miss when it comes to reliability. Newer ones seem to behave and function much better. There are alot of nice features in this drone that are not available in some of the competition.

1. if I have any type of problem how long will it take this company to respond?
2. is this the best one a BEGINNER should buy?
3. does it fly from a cell phone or tablet?
4. auto land, return to home,obstacle avoidance, etc. really not that interested
at this time about camera quality and the like.

Thank you,
New forum member

To add to the answer one of your questions, the H cannot be flown with a tablet or phone alone but can be flown with the Wizard while the video is viewed on a tablet or phone. The Wizard has GPS and an altimeter so that the H can follow you up and down hills. You can control the camera with it as well.

To add to the answer one of your questions, the H cannot be flown with a tablet or phone alone but can be flown with the Wizard while the video is viewed on a tablet or phone. The Wizard has GPS and an altimeter so that the H can follow you up and down hills. You can control the camera with it as well.

There are some great cheap camera drones now that are way better then what most of us learned on. Don't get tiny ones to learn as the responses are too weird. It's about learning stick behaviors and flight characteristics in a package that can lure you into a false sense of security. Unlike planes that must keep moving to stay airborne, the drone is a way too easy to pilot with all its gyros and operation modes. Crash and rebuild a hubsan or ominus and loose a few to the wind before jumping in on a craft that can make or ruin your day in an instant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Badlands

Sorry if I misunderstood your post. It fell into a pattern that some new members have used to start flame wars.
Kindly tell us the name of the "another well known drone" you mentioned looking into.

I have watched youtube and other video's.
However I just wanted to ask on a forum and READ the answers.

Watching the TH videos is indeed instructive. As a member here, you can also easily find (and read) answers to the questions you asked by using Search, the small magnifying glass at the top right of every page.

I am an expert and certified instructor for a large firearms company-

Every member on here is treated equally, whether a garbage collector or a Wall Street tycoon.

New members are always welcome, enjoy the forum.:)

The second is the H Pro-
and "possibly" P3P but i understand that company has stopped production on this model Dec. 2016,
even though there still being sold.
Also trying to stay at a ceiling of $1,000.00

Thank you

Establish the needs to establish product choice. What do you want to do with it?

If you want to do more advanced things like mapping the H is not there yet, be it a standard or Pro version. Photo/video is great with either brand, but I believe the gimbal on the H is superior in cancelling out changes in direction and yaw motion.

If there's a problem, which is not as frequent as forum posts make it sound since people are fast to relate a problem but slow to never in posting good things, Yuneec is extremely responsive to the customer. As mentioned in an earlier post, pick up the phone and call Yuneec to see for yourself how quickly a real person is available to talk with you. Once you buy and register a product do not be surprised if you call and they use your first name in the call greeting. They care!

Do you want to work off a phone or tablet? If you do the H is not for you. If you want to minimize accessory costs and equipment the H may well fit your needs. I do not believe either a Phantom or an H is a good tool for the first time flyer. You will crash while you are learning and it makes no sense to crash a $1,000.00 aircraft when the basic learning can be accomplished on an $80.00 machine. Sure, we can learn to shoot using a .45 or.308 but the basic skills can be initially developed with a .22. A difference in the analogy is the firearm isn't prone to being destroyed through errors made by the user. There is no need for a camera when learning how to fly. You truly want to be close enough to maintain good visual contact with the aircraft, and any video shot while learning how to fly is usually pretty crappy to watch.

The second is the H Pro-
and "possibly" P3P but i understand that company has stopped production on this model Dec. 2016,
even though there still being sold.
Also trying to stay at a ceiling of $1,000.00

Thank you
The H is available at B&H Photo for $989, free shipping no tax. Monitor is built in. No need to buy a tablet or use a phone. You may find better deals elsewhere.

The H is available at B&H Photo for $989, free shipping no tax. Monitor is built in. No need to buy a tablet or use a phone. You may find better deals elsewhere.

I've seen 799 color box no accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was fortunate enough to buy my "H" (Not pro, or extras) for $799.99. My coworker wanted one, but couldn't fine the $799.99 price. CraigCam, where did you find the one you are talking about?

Have my 29 year old Tec son helping with all the specs on two drones.
Like what each can and will do. As well as what's better the H radio or the other with a cell or iPad attached.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy