Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New owner with a few questions on preparing to fly...

Reaction score
I recently bought a Typhoon H Pro and after reading through the manual I went ahead and reset the remote to factory default.

Today I plan on rebinding the remote to the bird, camera, and wizard remote as suggested in the manual, then i plan on recalibrating everything I can find to recalibrate.

After that I plan to do firmware updates on the remote, bird and camera (after i buy a larger sd card). This may not be the ideal order to do these tasks, but as long as it works.

Here's where my question comes in...
I don't see firmware for the pro, just the STD, I also don't see instructions anywhere on how to do the firmware updates. Am i missing something? Any help is much appreciated.

I recently bought a Typhoon H Pro and after reading through the manual I went ahead and reset the remote to factory default.

Today I plan on rebinding the remote to the bird, camera, and wizard remote as suggested in the manual, then i plan on recalibrating everything I can find to recalibrate.

After that I plan to do firmware updates on the remote, bird and camera (after i buy a larger sd card). This may not be the ideal order to do these tasks, but as long as it works.

Here's where my question comes in...
I don't see firmware for the pro, just the STD, I also don't see instructions anywhere on how to do the firmware updates. Am i missing something? Any help is much appreciated.
Do the firmware first. Then the calibrations. The only thing that makes it a "pro" is the realsense and the wand.

Is this a new Typhoon or used? If new, a couple thoughts on this if I may. First, there have been no updates to the Typhoon H series in over two years so there is every likelihood that your H has the latest updates. Second, I would highly recommend doing a compass calibration first and then fly it so you have a baseline of performance. If you do these updates and then calibrations and rebinding or whatever else and something is not right or working improperly you won't know if it was there before or if it was caused by something perhaps done during all the calibrations.

My two and a half year old Typhoon H with 50 logged working hours and nearly 400 flights has had exactly one (1) compass calibration (on the day I got it) and no updates or other calibrations at all ever; and it's still going strong. ;)

Is this a new Typhoon or used? If new, a couple thoughts on this if I may. First, there have been no updates to the Typhoon H series in over two years so there is every likelihood that your H has the latest updates. Second, I would highly recommend doing a compass calibration first and then fly it so you have a baseline of performance. If you do these updates and then calibrations and rebinding or whatever else and something is not right or working improperly you won't know if it was there before or if it was caused by something perhaps done during all the calibrations.

My two and a half year old Typhoon H with 50 logged working hours and nearly 400 flights has had exactly one (1) compass calibration (on the day I got it) and no updates or other calibrations at all ever; and it's still going strong. ;)
I bought it used, apparently from someone who really shouldnt have been flying it... he left a few videos of his flights. He really should have cut his teeth on something a little less complex. This is why I'm going a clean start on everything, lack of trust in the former owner.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Same here Ron, I remember my dad waking us for just about every Apollo mission and I believe a Mercury mission or two. Now that I live just down the street from Cape Canaveral and the Kennedy Space Center, and have seen these machines and where they were launched from, I believe it is very important to remember the massive achievements that were accomplished all those years ago and preserve them.

Reactions: Auburnweedkiller
I would avoid doing a firmware update unless you are at other than the latest version. You can check against what you see in this photo.

6A8B8BC1-F5A1-4ECD-959F-F94DC7D2AD15.jpeg

I would avoid doing a firmware update unless you are at other than the latest version. You can check against what you see in this photo.

View attachment 16341
Everything on mine matches down to the gimbal,
my gimbal is V1.22
Camera is V3.1.37(A)
RealSense Version: N/A

My RealSense module is on, I don't know why it isn't showing a version.

Also, in the "Camera Select" tab on the left side (after Mode Select, before About Controller) it shows:
C-G03
C-G03-Pro
C-GOET
C-G04

How do I know which camera to select here? On the side of my camera it says CG03+

Ok, some success, some strangeness... btw- first, thanks for the help on this, much appreciated.

Alright so I did the firmware update on the drone, gimbal, cam, etc. Everything updated correctly except the gimbal, it still reads V1.22 instead of 1.25. Is this something to worry about, should I do the update again?

Also, I've noticed some strange behavior from J2- my left stick side to side. (I fly in mode 3). When I do the calibration, on the first screen J2 never turns green. On the second calibration screen it turns green but it seems to take it a long time to recenter. I get the same type of results in the hardware monitor, it doesn't seem to have the quick, crisp response like the other stick, it takes it a second to recenter. I know normally anything like this would prevent me from using it, but man what a heart breaker if I have to send this remote off to repair before I ever get to fly the drone. But, if that's what I have to do Ill do it, I'm not willing to wreck it to learn that. Again, any input is helpful.

Do a search on 'Cleaning the sticks' or 'dirty pots on the sticks'. The sticks of the ST-16 are notorious for getting oxidation (especially after sitting for long periods) and then have a faulty output. Calibrating a faulty stick will cause more problems. Look at the sticks in hardware monitor, if they are not operating perfectly, they need to be cleaned first before any stick calibrations. ;)

Do a search on 'Cleaning the sticks' or 'dirty pots on the sticks'. The sticks of the ST-16 are notorious for getting oxidation (especially after sitting for long periods) and then have a faulty output. Calibrating a faulty stick will cause more problems. Look at the sticks in hardware monitor, if they are not operating perfectly, they need to be cleaned first before any stick calibrations. ;)
Alright thanks, glad to hear it may be a fix that I can take care of.

Alright thanks, glad to hear it may be a fix that I can take care of.

Apollo...

Since you bought this used, another option to keep in mind is a do it yourself project. The stick assemblies are relatively cheap in that, if holding any electronics repair skills, one can get the replacement done likely more quickly and at less expense than waiting for shipping and service center time.

A thought anyway.

Good luck!

Jeff

Reactions: Apollo11capcom
Any idea why everything would upgrade ok except my gimbal?

Sorry, I missed seeing your age.

I’m one of the many backers for the restoration of the Mission Control in Houston. I have abiding respect for all those involved in the mission.
I'm from Clear Lake City, which is where JSC and Mission Control is actually. About 40 miles south of downtown Houston. I was lucky enough to actually go into the real mission control in the 70's before DOD took over everything. There are actually 2 mission controls, one above another. I would love to see them back to their original condition.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gocdunn