Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New owner with a few questions on preparing to fly...

Any idea why everything would upgrade ok except my gimbal?

Both your gimbal and camera firmware did not fully update...

Current version is... Gimbal v1.25 Camera v3.2.34(A)

I suggest re-downloading the drone firmware... that will be the "bin" file... after downloading, repeat the drone update only.

I lived up north of Houston off 1960. The local PBS station used to broadcast live mission coverage of 14, 15, 16, 17 when the majors weren’t covering. NASA also broadcast the Earth/Moon conversations on an AM station. We used to put blankets over the breakfast table....it was our LEM.....and we’d listen to a little portable radio....grocery sacks on our heads, gardening shovels....and go out back and get samples with the astronauts with our own “moonwalks”.... I was 7......

I lived up north of Houston off 1960. The local PBS station used to broadcast live mission coverage of 14, 15, 16, 17 when the majors weren’t covering. NASA also broadcast the Earth/Moon conversations on an AM station. We used to put blankets over the breakfast table....it was our LEM.....and we’d listen to a little portable radio....grocery sacks on our heads, gardening shovels....and go out back and get samples with the astronauts with our own “moonwalks”.... I was 7......
Looks like we are the same age, so we can appreciate the same things. I went to Clear Lake H.S. And Dickinson H.S. Where everyone fell over Jeannie Kranz, who you probably recognize as the daughter of Gene Kranz, flight director for Apollo 11. Scary man. Story Musgrave (hubble telescope repair) also father of friend. I still remember at the age of 9, going out to Ellington afb to see the Columbia on top of the 747 stop over in houston on its way to Florida before it's first launch. The good old days. Ending the shuttle program was the final dagger to the heart for we locals.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
I'm from Clear Lake City, which is where JSC and Mission Control is actually. About 40 miles south of downtown Houston. I was lucky enough to actually go into the real mission control in the 70's before DOD took over everything. There are actually 2 mission controls, one above another. I would love to see them back to their original condition.
That would be something to see. I took a tour of the Kennedy space center, they have a lot of the old equipment setup the way it was back in the Apollo days, very cool.

Both your gimbal and camera firmware did not fully update...

Current version is... Gimbal v1.25 Camera v3.2.34(A)

I suggest re-downloading the drone firmware... that will be the "bin" file... after downloading, repeat the drone update only.
I'l try that today. I think my camera updated ok, the gimbal is the only number that didn't change. I'l post my results when done. Thanks again.

Do a search on 'Cleaning the sticks' or 'dirty pots on the sticks'. The sticks of the ST-16 are notorious for getting oxidation (especially after sitting for long periods) and then have a faulty output. Calibrating a faulty stick will cause more problems. Look at the sticks in hardware monitor, if they are not operating perfectly, they need to be cleaned first before any stick calibrations. ;)
I found a few videos on cleaning the pots, found the little access ports on the back directly over the problem pots, sprayed contact cleaner in there and now it works perfectly. Thanks for the tip, I'm glad it didn't involve taking apart the remote.

At 47? Maybe his dad, this July marks Apollo 11's 50th anniversary. :cool:
At 47? Maybe his dad, this July marks Apollo 11's 50th anniversary. :cool:
hello my friend I hope you are doing well . I hear about talking about Nasser and back in the day it brought back old memories because I was born in Florida back in the 60s I used to get Stan out on my front porch and watch when the missile goes up in the air I was born in Lakeland Florida I can see everything from my front porch. even though we was not close so I know what you guys are talking about those was a good old days . before I came up north I lived in Tampa Florida I've been up north over 40 years Pennsylvania .

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I bought a H pro it just come with a wond not the realsence module that H pro package was dearer

Just checked out the link. The original "pro" had both. I see now that the vendor you used made it an option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gocdunn