Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New TH and some questions

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Just received my new TH. I am not new to drones but new to Yuneec. A couple of questions be for first flight. I have done all the calibrations and ready to give it a spin. But needed to know
1) should I update all the firmware first?
I attached a pic of what all the versions are at currently.

2) is it normal for the real sense to to get an error avoidance not available when it is turned on while on the ground? And yes I know to truly in angle mode for takeoff and first flight.

Attachments

• 20171107_194529.jpg
    20171107_194529.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 62
I purchased mine back in April so I did go ahead and update the firmware before I flew. Some folks do not update, but I believe there is a reason for updated firmware. It took me awhile to work through the updates, use the SD16 card they gave you to download into your equipment.
My real sense is for forward only but I keep it turned off most of the time.

Thanks for the reply
I also have one other question.
The manual said to do the accelerometer cal with the bird in the air. Is this correct? That is a departure from normal.

Accel cal should be performed on a stationary flat surface. As for post purchase updates my recommendation for new owners is not do them. Every firmware release has flown well so the aircraft works as is. My feelings have it better for a new owner to become familiar with the system and learn more about it before making changes that, when done improperly, can cause problems.

Last edited:
Also where do I set my RTH altitude? I watched a video that showed it under the cal button on the st16 but it's not there on mine

Watch this Video for RTH Settings

Watch This Video for GUI Settings

First firm ware versions you could not adjust the RTH Altutude, it was factory set at 30 meters.
You'll have to do the updates if you do not see the slider bar.
Also make sure you have the ST16 and the H turned on to do the RTH adjustment

Last edited:
This is why I suggest taking the time to better learn the system before executing firmware upgrades. Learn the simple stuff and navigating through the system before undertaking the more difficult stuff.

The firmware updates have added lots of features and settings for the camera. It's up to you to determine when you want to install the latest one.

Regardless, the most important thing on a first flight is to do the calibrations and then let the H sit outside, on a level surface with the motors off, for about 13 minutes. That will allow sufficient time for the GPS to finish updating. You should do that after any firmware updates, when you travel a few hundred miles or when you haven't flown in a few weeks. You won't find it mentioned in the manual but it's an important step.

Glad you enjoyed your first flights:)

Curious as to which firmware version is showing in the ST-16. If it shows b27 there's not much reason to update unless there's a desire to fly more than 400' above the launch point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axel66