Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Time-Lapse Film I finished up - Maryland 2018

Whoa! Breathtaking!:eek:
I'm speechless! ...and we all know that never happens!;)

I have a screen capture to provide proof to those not believing in the future... probably will fund my retirement by selling copies... :p

Reactions: JackMTaco
Whoa! Breathtaking!:eek:
I'm speechless! ...and we all know that never happens!;)
I have a screen capture to provide proof to those not believing in the future... probably will fund my retirement by selling copies... :p
Wait a minute! Did I really say that? No way!
So, uh, ...what can I offer you for the original? Name your price. ...Would you consider partial payment in Scooby Snacks?

So I shoot storm time-lapses as a hobby (Still photos not video). One of the reasons I bought my H Plus(s) is to bring it to a new level. I incorporated one of my attempts at a drone time-lapse shot into this short film and it can be seen in the 3rd scene in featuring a rotating super cell storm moving over a farm area. Hope you enjoy it!

*I fixed the shaking as much as possible but still working to stabilize the video better in Adobe After Effects as I'm still figuring out the tracking feature.

awesome footage, and I noticed there is slight global motion(pan or tilt), how did you control the camera precisely to achieve this? Or handle it with AE?

Extremely good work Jack! Besides all the post processing involved, the weather forecasting and being in the right place at the right time takes time, talent, and a wee bit-o-luck that nature does what you expect.

It’s time to finally add the intervalometer to my Canon accessories. Hopefully I can find one to fit both the EOS 5D and 5D Mark II.

For the storms with the incessant cloud to ground lightning, are you still doing just time lapse or are you using a trigger for the lightning strikes in addition?

awesome footage, and I noticed there is slight global motion(pan or tilt), how did you control the camera precisely to achieve this? Or handle it with AE?

Thank you Linson! The panning was done in post processing with Premeire Pro/After Affects.

Extremely good work Jack! Besides all the post processing involved, the weather forecasting and being in the right place at the right time takes time, talent, and a wee bit-o-luck that nature does what you expect.

It’s time to finally add the intervalometer to my Canon accessories. Hopefully I can find one to fit both the EOS 5D and 5D Mark II.

For the storms with the incessant cloud to ground lightning, are you still doing just time lapse or are you using a trigger for the lightning strikes in addition?

This was achieved by just time-lapsing alone. While I do have a Lightning trigger, I do not use it while timelapsing as I dont want the time-lapse sequence to jump around with the added frames from the trigger. Most of the time at night, I am shooting at 5 to 8 second exposures continuously so there is no stopping between shots. This helps ensure I am capturing all the lightning that is being produced which helps give that constant lightning effect in the timelapse.

Thank you Linson! The panning was done in post processing with Premeire Pro/After Affects.

This was achieved by just time-lapsing alone. While I do have a Lightning trigger, I do not use it while timelapsing as I dont want the time-lapse sequence to jump around with the added frames from the trigger. Most of the time at night, I am shooting at 5 to 8 second exposures continuously so there is no stopping between shots. This helps ensure I am capturing all the lightning that is being produced which helps give that constant lightning effect in the timelapse.

Ok, that makes sense when using such long exposure times. Are you keeping the ISO low to help avoid noise?

I also like doing stellar photography, but with all the light pollution now it is pretty much fruitless to try unless you are out west in the mountains where you can use them to help shield from horizon glow.

Ok, that makes sense when using such long exposure times. Are you keeping the ISO low to help avoid noise?

I also like doing stellar photography, but with all the light pollution now it is pretty much fruitless to try unless you are out west in the mountains where you can use them to help shield from horizon glow.

Depends based on the distance of the storm, the lightning intensity and what aperature I'm at but that is one of the reasons I love my 6D. It does great in low light. Usually I'm shooting around ISO 640 to 1250. Then clean up any noise in post processing but even at 1250, there isnt a lot of it.

Beautifully captured Jack! I too am a big fan of storms, fast moving clouds, but haven't put together a project like this. You've inspired me to go play in the rain!

That was really very good. Surprised when I read it was the video sped up. Quality looked like photos.

Where's Dorothy? I expected her and Toto to show up in the final frames.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig