Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New typhoon h -extra antenna?

Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Hey everyone, I recently purchased a typhoon H! (First legitimate drone I've owned) the packaging contained an extra antenna..I am curious what it is for..it was on listed on the "kit list" see photos below

image.jpg This just found! So, the mushroom antenna is better than the flat one? Is the flat antenna needed when using the wizard?

You can use the round one or the square one. Most people prefer the square one because you will get a better video signal. Be sure to keep this antenna facing the H while flying.

Reactions: Rayray
The flat one is a directional (point directly at the H)
The mushroom is omnidirectional (point it in any direction)
The flat one is for distance.
Mushroom for close work.
I think this picture might be helpful.
The mushroom is equivalent to the 3dbi, the flat to the 6dbi, and a DBS Antenna to the 9dbi.
IMG_2106.JPG

This is my understanding. I'm happy to be ED U Cated by those with more knowledge

I stand ...Cated

View attachment 6464 View attachment 6465 View attachment 6466 Hey everyone, I recently purchased a typhoon H! (First legitimate drone I've owned) the packaging contained an extra antenna..I am curious what it is for..it was on listed on the "kit list" see photos below

The patch antenna gives me a range of 2.2 KM and the mushroom does about half that. That is with the European firmware. The patch does'n't always have to be pointed exactly at the Typhoon H it has quite a large reception area, about a 60 degree angle. I actually never use the mushroom, the patch gives me good reception all around at close range but when I want to go further I just have to point it at the craft.
Hope this is helpfull.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dubiousflyer