Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No Fly Zone for End Users

Hello everyone,
I am a French pilot, so excuse my English.
I am very angry against yuneec which with its firmware prevents me from working. I had the opportunity to work a near Orly airport, respecting the French regulation, but my Q500 No Fly Zone tells me that I either the regulatory, distance to ski from the airport. yuneec is he making fun of us? The only response I got from yuneec is that they abduct the No Fly zone for government organizations. Even professional drivers regularly declared there is no law. Whatever. I thought up my business with Yuneec but I'm not so on. By chance would anyone have a solution?

Hello everyone,
I am a French pilot, so excuse my English.
I am very angry against yuneec which with its firmware prevents me from working. I had the opportunity to work a near Orly airport, respecting the French regulation, but my Q500 No Fly Zone tells me that I either the regulatory, distance to ski from the airport. yuneec is he making fun of us? The only response I got from yuneec is that they abduct the No Fly zone for government organizations. Even professional drivers regularly declared there is no law. Whatever. I thought up my business with Yuneec but I'm not so on. By chance would anyone have a solution?

Une page retour
Numéro de poste 40

I did see a link to a firmware download on here that has no NFZ restriction.
Haven't tried it though, there are no major airports where I fly .... yet.

Anyone know if it works?

I got the same firmware from Yuneec a couple of weeks ago. Been happily flying since. I don't go above 100' pretty much ever because imo the video is useless unless you are trying to capture the curvature of the Earth :p

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
It seems I'm in a no fly zone according to b4ufly app. But I'm actually 5 miles away from the nearest airport. I thought yuneec said 4mile. Anyway, can I still fly just 50ft agl?

The B4UFly app is NOT regulation.

It is supposed to be an educational tool.

If it tells you that you are within range of an airfield or heliport, hospital or anything, look that place up and give them a call to let them know where, when and how high you intend to fly.

They will usually give "permission" and you are good to go.

It's not restrictive, bloody annoying sometimes okay, but take a moment to be sure and be safe ...... easy.

I call my tower and they say "ok cool what are your GPS coordinates?" I tell them what they are where I'll be, then they say "Roger that keep it below xx feet and have fun!"

That's an Intl Airport too.

[Quote = "full_disclosure, posta: 12058, membro: 2308"] Non lasciatevi ingannare dal Yuneec. Utilizzare il link di download per il firmware senza restrizioni per Q500, Q500 e Q500 + 4k.
Q500_v1.07_10_05_2015_no_airport (1) .bin

Lavoreranno in ogni NFZ con GPS abilitati e tutte le caratteristiche come Seguimi, Guarda me e tornare a casa. [/ Quote]

really it works? to my house in Naples only it works while the Phantom yuneec not ( are 5 km from the airport ) but I really love the Q500 4k and I'd love to buy it but I need to use it at home (I have a large terrace and a beautiful view the Vesuvius ) ,

Another friggin hero
Hello and sorry for my englisch.
I have a yuneec q500+ and take a look of your response for the firmware no fly zone.
Can you explain me the installation of this firmware,did i have to install it on the transmetter or on the quad.
Thank you for your response
Frederic from Luxembourg

Hello and sorry for my englisch.
I have a yuneec q500+ and take a look of your response for the firmware no fly zone.
Can you explain me the installation of this firmware,did i have to install it on the transmetter or on the quad.
Thank you for your response
Frederic from Luxembourg
That poster was making a sarcastic comment about installing such firmware. It is a bad idea. The no fly zones are there for everyones safety and should not be removed.
It is never a good idea to remove safety features on your UAV.

The B4UFly app is NOT regulation.

It is supposed to be an educational tool.

If it tells you that you are within range of an airfield or heliport, hospital or anything, look that place up and give them a call to let them know where, when and how high you intend to fly.

They will usually give "permission" and you are good to go.

It's not restrictive, bloody annoying sometimes okay, but take a moment to be sure and be safe ...... easy.
FYI - in the USA you do not have to get "permission" from the tower, you are only required to "notify" them where you will be and for how long, nothing more.

That poster was making a sarcastic comment about installing such firmware. It is a bad idea. The no fly zones are there for everyones safety and should not be removed.
It is never a good idea to remove safety features on your UAV.
Thank you for your response but , I live not far from the airport and I have beautiful place to fly with my quad and want to remove this no fly zone,without compromising safety for other people.

FYI - in the USA you do not have to get "permission" from the tower, you are only required to "notify" them where you will be and for how long, nothing more.

Aha! Hence my quotation marks, used it as a means of expressing the atc, or tower, acknowledging your information.

I downloaded and installed the nfz firmware and tried at a location that was restricted for me previously and it worked perfectly. Hope this helps.
Hello, can you explain me please how you did the upgrade with this firmware, on the quad or the remote st10+ .
Thank you if you can help me.
Frederic

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss