Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

October 28th Firmware update - H and ST16

After updating with the Oct 28th firmware how is it doing?

• It seems to fly same.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • It flies better than before.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I have a new issue with the way the H flies.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I like the new features and plan to use them.

Votes: 59 69.4%
  • I don't plan to use the new features.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I deleted the flight data as recommended in the video.

Votes: 67 78.8%
  • I seem to get better pics/video with this firmware.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I see no difference with the camera pics/video.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • I have a new problem with the camera or gimbal. Gimbal tilts to the side or is not level.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I have drifting issues.

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've yet to try filters, but looking at getting them for the H. In terms of MicroSD cards, grab a cheap Lexar 633X from amazon in 128gb flavor, that's what I'm using for 4k video and its legendary for the price. :)

I need to check out Adoby Lightroom. Adobe Photoshop Elements is great for mixing videos, but it doesn't seem to work well for sitching panoramics..

:)
Thanks, just got a 64GB Sandisk Extreme and shot some 4K footage on it, I use Final Cut Pro for all my video editing work :)
The filters allow for slower shutter speeds, eg if you shoot at 25p your shutter speed needs to be at 50th of a second to get smooth footage, no stuttering which is the only reason I got them. Had to pay $80 on ebay OZ as it was the only place I could find them :( anyway off to edit these clips and see how they look :)

Thanks, just got a 64GB Sandisk Extreme and shot some 4K footage on it, I use Final Cut Pro for all my video editing work :)
The filters allow for slower shutter speeds, eg if you shoot at 25p your shutter speed needs to be at 50th of a second to get smooth footage, no stuttering which is the only reason I got them. Had to pay $80 on ebay OZ as it was the only place I could find them :( anyway off to edit these clips and see how they look :)

Which filters do you recommend Rob? Just ND4, or the 3 pack? Thanks in advance for your help :)

Which filters do you recommend Rob? Just ND4, or the 3 pack? Thanks in advance for your help :)
This should really be in another thread, hope I don't get into trouble :(
Get a pack of Polar Pro ND filters they come in ND4, ND8 & ND16. I just found that in full sun in QLD that you need a 30p frame rate at 60th of a second with the ND16. Really need an ND18 to get 25p at 50th of second but it gets a tad over exposed :( I can always change the frame rate in post as long as I can capture smooth footage :)

Interesting flight!
I powered the TH and immediately got a GPS lock, with "only" 9 satellites. I did wait the time to have video link and went in flight. In that time satellites went up to 12.
Just a quick recall, I had yesterday two successful flights.
Took off. The copter wandered all around like a crazy. It seemed to be back to first multirotors attempt many years ago = : D
I managed to land it without issues, full control of it, but it was really like piloting a race copter in rate mode. After landing I got a warning of 5 motors mode, probably because it flipped briefly on one side.

Recycled power and tried again.This time rock solid.
Checking telemetry I notice an accelerometers error during the first flight. No warning on the screen though!

Now that's new. It happens sometimes that accelerometers initialization get wrong. Why not show any warning about accelerometers issue? That should be an important warning to have on screen, avoiding taking off.
So another surprise to take care. How to deal with it? Just taking off and watch if it holds position?

Ric

P.s.: on the second flight I was able to take pictures for few panorama. Will eventually post some in the right section.

Yesterday I was upgrading to latest firmware so I will try today to see how it flies.
Anyway, I was inside my house yesterday while upgrading and ST16 saying Ready for the GPS and there were 0 satellites. How about that.
Hopefuly it will not fly crazy today. I will report later.

Yesterday I was upgrading to latest firmware so I will try today to see how it flies.
Anyway, I was inside my house yesterday while upgrading and ST16 saying Ready for the GPS and there were 0 satellites. How about that.
Hopefuly it will not fly crazy today. I will report later.

Do you mean the "Ready" on the right? That's for the copter only. Should mean offsets recorded, RC link established.

Interesting flight!
I powered the TH and immediately got a GPS lock, with "only" 9 satellites. I did wait the time to have video link and went in flight. In that time satellites went up to 12.
Just a quick recall, I had yesterday two successful flights.
Took off. The copter wandered all around like a crazy. It seemed to be back to first multirotors attempt many years ago = : D
I managed to land it without issues, full control of it, but it was really like piloting a race copter in rate mode. After landing I got a warning of 5 motors mode, probably because it flipped briefly on one side.

Recycled power and tried again.This time rock solid.
Checking telemetry I notice an accelerometers error during the first flight. No warning on the screen though!

Now that's new. It happens sometimes that accelerometers initialization get wrong. Why not show any warning about accelerometers issue? That should be an important warning to have on screen, avoiding taking off.
So another surprise to take care. How to deal with it? Just taking off and watch if it holds position?

Ric

P.s.: on the second flight I was able to take pictures for few panorama. Will eventually post some in the right section.
I made the same experience yesterday. The Drone was unable to hold position and quite fast drifting and this in a forest glade. I am really glad I have some helicopter RC experience so I was able to land. Yet I need to check the Telemetry.

This should really be in another thread, hope I don't get into trouble :(
Get a pack of Polar Pro ND filters they come in ND4, ND8 & ND16. I just found that in full sun in QLD that you need a 30p frame rate at 60th of a second with the ND16. Really need an ND18 to get 25p at 50th of second but it gets a tad over exposed :( I can always change the frame rate in post as long as I can capture smooth footage :)

I wish I had purchased my nd filters sooner. It can make a big difference in your photo/video quality. As stated above, here in sunny Florida I use my nd 16 most of the time on sunny days. Later in the day as the sun is setting I switch to my nd 8. There are almost a must have for the current Typhoon camera in my opinion.

^^ Sounds like the H needs to 'bind' to the ST16 as I had a similar issue a while back. I know you say that you have already done that so I am not sure what else it could be. Just to clarify, you have flown it since the latest update haven't you?

Cheers, yes - have flown it and again today despite not being able to calibrate still. I've done a full reset of the ST16 and done a re-bind but still can't calibrate. Spoke to UK Tech Support, were super helpful albeit not sure what the issue is. Next step is to downgrade and re-flash to latest and see if that solves the niggle...

I wish I had purchased my nd filters sooner. It can make a big difference in your photo/video quality. As stated above, here in sunny Florida I use my nd 16 most of the time on sunny days. Later in the day as the sun is setting I switch to my nd 8. There are almost a must have for the current Typhoon camera in my opinion.

I ordered them today :)

Reactions: Rob Hadfield
Are we discussing here the firmware update or the camera filters? Somehow this thread seems to me being hijacked o_O

Reactions: Merse
the e software still takes an age to connect

Any more posts which are NOT about the Oct 28 Upgrade will be deleted. Please start a new thread to talk about other topics, thanks.

Finally finished the calibrations today and got one flight in. Seems as if everything is operating normal for my H-pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Any more posts which are NOT about the Oct 28 Upgrade will be deleted. Please start a new thread to talk about other topics, thanks.

My fault apologies

Back on topic, I found that the way I was leveling the H before performing the ACC calibration was wrong I was leveling the surface and not the top of the carbon legs at 4 corners. I used a spirit level and did it this way and I don't seem to have any more left hand drift anymore :)

My fault apologies

Back on topic, I found that the way I was leveling the H before performing the ACC calibration was wrong I was leveling the surface and not the top of the carbon legs at 4 corners. I used a spirit level and did it this way and I don't seem to have any more left hand drift anymore :)

But hear what you are saying....spirit level for calibrating acc !?!? I mean don't get me wrong, I started using it too.....but what the heck, where is Yuneec saying we need such tools for leveling ? They should include spirit level in the package if they think is needed.

But hear what you are saying....spirit level for calibrating acc !?!? I mean don't get me wrong, I started using it too.....but what the heck, where is Yuneec saying we need such tools for leveling ? They should include spirit level in the package if they think is needed.

DJI is worse man. With the Inspire 1, I had to put the spirit level over the tops of the motors and level with A4 paper to be accurate or the camera was massively out.... #dronelife

Ha, ha, that's one of the most thrilling and surprising device I tried until now: not a single flight like to another.
As a recall I'm flying the latest firmware, flashed through OTA.

I did want to check battery consumption, the real one, not stated, assumed, claimed ... Will come on another thread about that.
After a long test at home, inside, I took all the plastics outside and went in flight. Inside 19°C, outside 6°C.

The first flight was a hovering test. Took off, moved the landing gear up and left run for 15 minutes.
Rock solid up to 7 minutes. There was a little bit of very slow drift, both horizontally and vertically; I consider that normal and due to GPS and barometric pressure drift. After that it started to react a little bit harder on self altitude hold. A guess could be that the battery becoming discharged and not delivering a constant voltage, had the integrative value a little bit off an ideal value.
Then a very slight toilet bowl clockwise followed. About 1m diameter and very slow, 4-5 seconds a full circle. Another guess here could be IMU drift because of temperature change. Or the integrative again?
Landing gear down and landed, because the time was off. No particular issues.

The second flight was more surprising. The goal was climbing and diving all the time. After few climbs and dives I noticed the TH did reduce speed at about 10m, as usual, but started to stop at 5m. I had to move the climb stick fourth ad back again, with strange glitches on motors side, too have it dive really slow. Did that several times. It seemed that there was a two stage dive speed reduction, one at 10m and one at 5m. Altitude on telemetry was almost right, maybe 1m off, no more.
I checked if that was related to landing gear, but not. Up or down the behaviour was the same. All flying in Angle mode, no Obstacle av.
At the end I had to really force it to land, insisting a lot with down stick. It even tried to flip, which was avoided just giving throttle again.

So now, what's next?
... considering I bought that one to have something simple, ready to go, not implying any testing and setting as I have enough of that ...

Please, let me another consideration about firmware. I'm pretty sure that firmware is maintained by several developers, each one being related to a single part of it: RC control, camera, gimbal, autopilot, telemetry etc. It happens often in such teams that someone, introducing new features, does broke something else. I bet they test well their firmware part, but at the end everything has to work as a whole and who are the only ones that can do real, hard life test?

Ric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy