Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

October 28th Firmware update - H and ST16

After updating with the Oct 28th firmware how is it doing?

• It seems to fly same.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • It flies better than before.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I have a new issue with the way the H flies.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I like the new features and plan to use them.

Votes: 59 69.4%
  • I don't plan to use the new features.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I deleted the flight data as recommended in the video.

Votes: 67 78.8%
  • I seem to get better pics/video with this firmware.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I see no difference with the camera pics/video.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • I have a new problem with the camera or gimbal. Gimbal tilts to the side or is not level.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I have drifting issues.

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did my update today followed the instructions and did it all off the micro SD card, all went well except on gimbal calibration it finished 10 degrees to the left. Redid gimbal calibration and now working fine.
Off the calibrate compass and see how she flies after the update, fingers crossed lol
KP index today near Brisbane is low so I know that won't be an issue :)

Did my update today followed the instructions and did it all off the micro SD card, all went well except on gimbal calibration it finished 10 degrees to the left. Redid gimbal calibration and now working fine.
Off the calibrate compass and see how she flies after the update, fingers crossed lol
KP index today near Brisbane is low so I know that won't be an issue :)

Can you let me know if you get any legs in panoramic mode? With this breeze, I tested mine again and legs in view. I'm thinking either the wind buffering side to side is doing it, or my legs are hanging too low, or my camera is doing weird things - maybe not calibrated properly

Can you let me know if you get any legs in panoramic mode? With this breeze, I tested mine again and legs in view. I'm thinking either the wind buffering side to side is doing it, or my legs are hanging too low, or my camera is doing weird things - maybe not calibrated properly
Ok I'll try panoramic mode when I get out this afternoon :) but if it's windy that is probably the reason why your raised legs are getting into shot. Was the horizon level in all your panoramic shots? If they are it's probably too windy to do a pano. Wind won't bother it when your looking down a bit to get a single shot but on pano I'm not so sure :)

Just came back from my first fly with the new firmware, after compass calibration all is great, flew it like a demon lol :)
Tried the Panoramic mode and it was a little windy at about 200 ft up so I got the landing gear in the shot only on one side though, must not take much for it to get into shot. But apart from that nothing unusual to report.

Don't press it, just lightly tap bottom left above 2 tiny blips.
Good tip the two tiny blips are a bit difficult to see but with a bit of practice you soon get used to it. However every time you try to alter the exposure it cannot be done all you get is the splash screen the exposure part does not work . Anybody cracked this yet?

Good tip the two tiny blips are a bit difficult to see but with a bit of practice you soon get used to it. However every time you try to alter the exposure it cannot be done all you get is the splash screen the exposure part does not work . Anybody cracked this yet?

Oops, a member gave the solution, you missed it. Go into Pad settings, screen, and put Type Size back to Normal.
Yell back if that does/does not fix the Help pop-up.

Hey all, is there a particular order to do the calibrations? Can I do the accelerometer, gimbal and than the compass? Or does the compass need to be 1st?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After having discovered that to get the real, last firmware flashed, I had to do it through OTA, I went in flight today.

First flight to test flight attitude. The TH did flew rock solid! What a joy to have it flying so well. Cross finger it will last, as this was only one flight.

The second flight was done to test panorama feature. (The TH still flying rock solid ...). The second picture blurred is fixed. Panorama went very well.
ICE seem able to stitch one layer DNG pictures, but not two layers (well, actually three).
PTguy seems able to work with DNG pictures also, but I have problems charging two layers of pictures. That's probably related to my PC. Will eventually try to convert them in Jpeg.

Before go fly I did all the calibrations.
Accelerometers, just put on the floor, without checking anything, as it should be!
Gimbal. At the end the gimbal was off and drifting, but a power cycle fixed everything. Working great now.
Compass, done outside as usual, just once.

Before the flight I had some problems getting a GPS lock (I can imagine someone coming out again with that almanac joke = : D).
The problem was probably related to bad GPS DOP, confirmed by a GPS check app. After a few moments, GPS accuracy went better and got a GPS lock, even despite KP went from 0.5 to 3.5 in a moment.
Went in flight then. This is the way those stuffs have to work, rock solid for the Average Joe.

Ric

I just had to bind the drone again. Duh....works fine now. All is calibrated.

Do you have to calibrate acc / comp outside? I also have same symptoms with no response to trying to calibrate anything but then realised I'm doing this indoors, will try outside tomorrow...

When you say you had to bind again, was it just not bound at all in the first place after update? Mine is bound for sure, I have flown it too...

Hope you can shed some light! :)

You definitely want to calibrate the compass outside. Away from any metal or concrete, and set the st-16 a ways away also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Merse
Do you have to calibrate acc / comp outside?

Definitely calibrate the compass outdoors and away from ANY magnetic field or things that can cause interference. Ensure you leave your phone behind, or at least turn that off as well.

Acc can be done indoors and must be left stable during the calibration.

Reactions: Merse
Okay cheers, I'll try again outside tomorrow.

Acc can be done indoors and must be left stable during the calibration.

The menu doesn't respond to any button presses when I try and calibrate acc, no noises, clicks or acknowledgement from the H - she is stable and away from any potential interference... I'll try again outside tomorrow though but it just 'feels odd' that I get no feedback at all when trying :-/

^^ Sounds like the H needs to 'bind' to the ST16 as I had a similar issue a while back. I know you say that you have already done that so I am not sure what else it could be. Just to clarify, you have flown it since the latest update haven't you?

Just came back from my first fly with the new firmware, after compass calibration all is great, flew it like a demon lol :)
Tried the Panoramic mode and it was a little windy at about 200 ft up so I got the landing gear in the shot only on one side though, must not take much for it to get into shot. But apart from that nothing unusual to report.

Thanks Rob!!

Ok, I don't feel so bad now :) Where I am in Manly, QLD, on the hill we get wind buffering from 2 directions, the H was going side to side and got both legs in view.

What stitching software did you use? I was using photoshop elements and it goes weird if I select more than 6 photos :(

Thanks Rob!!

Ok, I don't feel so bad now :) Where I am in Manly, QLD, on the hill we get wind buffering from 2 directions, the H was going side to side and got both legs in view.

What stitching software did you use? I was using photoshop elements and it goes weird if I select more than 6 photos :(

No problem Ward :)

I use Adobe Lightroom Creative Cloud for all my photo work, comes up as lens not recognised but works ok :)

Cost about $12AUD per month on a subscription but as I use it 5 days a week for work it's worth it :)

I had a polar pro ND4 Filter on the CGO3+ and found that when I'm taking photos I'm getting slightly dark corners as the lens is so wide. For video it's not as bad ad the aspect ratio is 16:9 but for photos its 4:3. I usually crop them to 4x6 ratio to be more like DSLR photos so it crops out the corners anyway. I also un-distort the lens in Lightroom to :)

Think I will just use the Polar Pro's for keeping my shutter speed down when filming. Also found out yesterday that my MicroSD card isn't really fast enough for 4K, works ok but since I'm not getting a good data rate I think the footage is suffering a little lol got a Sandisk Ultra 30mbs but I think I need a Sandisk Extreme @ 90mbs. Will have to test the new card with 4K footage when I get it today :)

Reactions: Ward Paterson
No problem Ward :)

I use Adobe Lightroom Creative Cloud for all my photo work, comes up as lens not recognised but works ok :)

Cost about $12AUD per month on a subscription but as I use it 5 days a week for work it's worth it :)

I had a polar pro ND4 Filter on the CGO3+ and found that when I'm taking photos I'm getting slightly dark corners as the lens is so wide. For video it's not as bad ad the aspect ratio is 16:9 but for photos its 4:3. I usually crop them to 4x6 ratio to be more like DSLR photos so it crops out the corners anyway. I also un-distort the lens in Lightroom to :)

Think I will just use the Polar Pro's for keeping my shutter speed down when filming. Also found out yesterday that my MicroSD card isn't really fast enough for 4K, works ok but since I'm not getting a good data rate I think the footage is suffering a little lol got a Sandisk Ultra 30mbs but I think I need a Sandisk Extreme @ 90mbs. Will have to test the new card with 4K footage when I get it today :)

I've yet to try filters, but looking at getting them for the H. In terms of MicroSD cards, grab a cheap Lexar 633X from amazon in 128gb flavor, that's what I'm using for 4k video and its legendary for the price. :)

I need to check out Adoby Lightroom. Adobe Photoshop Elements is great for mixing videos, but it doesn't seem to work well for sitching panoramics..

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
puputus